TrueBlueArmy Forums
Gary O - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Gary O (/showthread.php?tid=2186)

Gary O - Tufnell_Chimes - 30-08-2022

Just been appointed to temporarily replace Scott Parker at Bournemouth.

RE: Gary O - Northstander - 30-08-2022

Blimey didn't expect that. Spoke the truth some would say, but should have said it in house not in public. Shaun Cooper to assist him who also played for us

RE: Gary O - exterminator - 30-08-2022

It appears that it is more to do with the comments made by Parker about " not having, or being able to sign the players to be able to compete in the Preniership"

The owner has taken umbrage and his remit was that he wants the the club " run sustainably" as it was under Eddie Howe. Just shows what a great job EH did in keeping them in the Premiership for 5 years.

Good luck Gary O - you're going to need it, starting tomorrowt against Wolves.

RE: Gary O - Bedhamptonblue69 - 30-08-2022

Tough start for Bournemouth against the top teams . So never going to be laden with points . Probably more down to whatever he said . However that dummy Hassenhuttl must be thinking how come I survived 2 9-0 batterings ?

RE: Gary O - Hammie - 30-08-2022

suggests he's cheap

RE: Gary O - Ain’t got a Danny - 30-08-2022

Is Max Demin on a sanctions list? Besides Liverpool’s.

RE: Gary O - mikey393 - 30-08-2022

One of their main problems is their ground The Vitality only holds 11,379.

You can't generate much income from that which means they are heavily reliant on the owner to dig his hands in his pockets.

I feel sorry for Parker a good manager but obviously totally frustrated but should have bitten his lip after getting battered.

No team could have lived with Liverpool on Saturday!

RE: Gary O - briefcase_wanchor - 30-08-2022

Good luck Gary, despite the Ruski backing. Let's be honest - Bournemouth are punching well above their weight and have been for a while. Brentford are a similar sized club and have a better infrastructure without 5 years in the Prem.

RE: Gary O - slayer - 03-09-2022

If he makes them easy on the eye and competitive then he will have succeeded. That squad is fodder. Superb result for him today

RE: Gary O - Hammie - 03-09-2022

It is odd how many football managers seem to see it as ok to criticise the owners. Not many jobs where you get away with that!

RE: Gary O - Northstander - 03-09-2022

2.0 down at half time. Well done Bournemouth and Gary O

RE: Gary O - Tufnell_Chimes - 08-10-2022

SuperGaryO!

Getting Bournemouth to 8th, unbeaten in five. Bit scrappy at times, but doing well with what he has.

RE: Gary O - slayer - 09-10-2022

The first sappy coont that suggests him for Pompey boss gets a shoe.

If they mention "gets the club, loves the club" they get another one.

RE: Gary O - Pompeyg100 - 09-10-2022

Didn’t he ask to come and coach with us but we said no? I could be imagining it.

RE: Gary O - Tufnell_Chimes - 09-10-2022

I’m just pleased for the bloke - what’s wrong with that?

RE: Gary O - Pompeyg100 - 09-10-2022

(09-10-2022, 09:11 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: I’m just pleased for the bloke - what’s wrong with that?

Who are you asking?

RE: Gary O - Tufnell_Chimes - 27-11-2022

It was rhetorical.

Anyhows, he's got the job permanent now. He'll be hoping he's not the next Tony Parkes.

RE: Gary O - DeepBlue - 27-11-2022

(09-10-2022, 12:26 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: Didn’t he ask to come and coach with us but we said no? I could be imagining it.

He did ... but we had no vacancies at the time. 

I wouldn't be surprised if his first bit of transfer activiity was to try to persuade Ritchie back to Bournemouth - I know he left in acrimonious circumstances but it's a new regime there now.

RE: Gary O - slayer - 27-11-2022

Ritchie on loan to Bournemouth in Jan absolutely nailed on