TrueBlueArmy Forums
The Queens Funeral - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: The Queens Funeral (/showthread.php?tid=2270)

The Queens Funeral - mudlarq - 19-09-2022

Haven't had a tear in my eye since Merson lifted the championship trophy but when that piper played and walked out when her coffin was being lowered just done me.

RE: The Queens Funeral - dsmg - 19-09-2022

Didn't Sol start you off?

RE: The Queens Funeral - Hammie - 19-09-2022

lone pipers are where its at, three times now

RE: The Queens Funeral - slayer - 19-09-2022

Ffs spoiler alert

RE: The Queens Funeral - pushbike_pete_PFC - 19-09-2022

I don't think anyone who watched today's funeral could have failed to be moved by it, this country might be crap at a lot of things but pomp and ceremony is what we do better than any other country. So impressed with those young Grenadier guards moving the coffin.. and the Royal Naval ratings pulling the gun carriage.. all passed off without mishap. And, yes, the lone piper brought a lump to the throat.. he should have played for longer. So endeth the reign of our much loved and respected Queen who dedicated her life to serving this wonderful country of ours.. we are a proud nation with a wonderful history and tradition exemplified by our Royal family.
RIP ma'am… and long live the King!

RE: The Queens Funeral - Cowespompey - 19-09-2022

Didn’t watch it , not interested

RE: The Queens Funeral - foxleyblue - 19-09-2022

The way the piper faded at the end was cool. Cool and yes I too had lump in the throat.

RE: The Queens Funeral - JIMBON - 19-09-2022

Anyone else continuously slow marching in the mind to the sound of the ticking second hand whilst trying to get off to sleep tonight?

Not Cowes obviously.

RE: The Queens Funeral - Gerry Hatrick - 20-09-2022

Yes, you don't have to be a supporter of the nation's most dysfunctional family to appreciate a moment of poignancy.

RE: The Queens Funeral - Trarchus - 20-09-2022

No offence, totally understand the feelings of many people towards our Queen & Country, the Queen especially.
Like to think I'm very passionate towards our flag and country, but I think differently.

Don't think the Monarchy embodies the “best of Britain”. It’s the opposite for me. It’s the enduring embodiment of the worst of Britain: inherited wealth + privilege, a rigid class system, structural racism, imperialism, and unaccountable power.
Good time to move on now from this.

RE: The Queens Funeral - Smirnoffexpress - 20-09-2022

(20-09-2022, 07:35 AM)Santa release Claus Wrote: While this is largely true, monarchy also preserves the link throughout our history that binds us as a nation.

As long as they stay out of politics, provide a net economic benefit and Andrew stops raping teenagers then on balance I think scrapping the monarchy would cause more harm than good.

This country's divided enough, and if you think the gormless Brexiter simpletons were bad when it came to staying in/leaving an economically advantageous trading bloc can you imagine what they'd be like if the royal family was on the table?! Simply not worth the hassle.

Well said, particularly that first bit. Are we perfect?, no, not by any means but we have a lot to celebrate.

RE: The Queens Funeral - dsmg - 20-09-2022

Second bit too

RE: The Queens Funeral - Trarchus - 20-09-2022

(20-09-2022, 07:35 AM)Santa release Claus Wrote: While this is largely true, monarchy also preserves the link throughout our history that binds us as a nation.

As long as they stay out of politics, provide a net economic benefit and Andrew stops raping teenagers then on balance I think scrapping the monarchy would cause more harm than good.

This country's divided enough, and if you think the gormless Brexiter simpletons were bad when it came to staying in/leaving an economically advantageous trading bloc can you imagine what they'd be like if the royal family was on the table?! Simply not worth the hassle.

A fair reply, which I also largely agree with.

RE: The Queens Funeral - Ain’t got a Danny - 20-09-2022

Excellent points. Yes, any change has to be with the will of the people and incremental unless as normally happens when there’s a dinlo in charge the people decide to unceremoniously get rid.

Question now is will Charlie keep out of politics? His time would be better used booting Andrew and all the other hangers on out into the real world.

RE: The Queens Funeral - slayer - 20-09-2022

Word is in January that's exactly what he's going to do.

RE: The Queens Funeral - kindofblue - 20-09-2022

Is this a footy thread.....?

RE: The Queens Funeral - foxleyblue - 20-09-2022

(20-09-2022, 03:30 PM)kindofblue Wrote: Is this a footy thread.....?

Twat!!!

RE: The Queens Funeral - teeftwo - 20-09-2022

I didn't watch it, went to the gym, walked the dog, watched a film, went to the pub. I don't feel I missed out but several people, none here, were aghast I didn't want to
. Watch History being made
. Pay respects

Each to their own I say, just don't hoist your royalism on me, my basket of fucks is empty in that regard.

RE: The Queens Funeral - gringo - 20-09-2022

I didn't watch it find royalty an alien concept .Read William has inherited £1.5 billion ( Cornwall ,Oval, and more) from Charlie ,thinking that's just wrong then thought if instead it went to the state this government would sell it off and it would probably end up in the hands of  some Arab prince or American investment bank . Dodgy

RE: The Queens Funeral - Gerry Hatrick - 21-09-2022

(20-09-2022, 05:55 PM)gringo Wrote: I didn't watch it find royalty an alien concept .Read William has inherited £1.5 billion ( Cornwall ,Oval, and more) from Charlie ,thinking that's just wrong then thought if instead it went to the state this government would sell it off and it would probably end up in the hands of  some Arab prince or American investment bank . Dodgy

How true.. And who gains from all of this? In scenario 1, the politicians supporting the Crown end up with a gong or better, a place in the unelected House of Lords and in scenario 2, the politicians behind this, end up with a seat on the board and a six-figure pay-off, I mean 'salary'.
Mind you, looks like Liz has got her eye on both.