TrueBlueArmy Forums
Energy saving 1pm KOs? - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Energy saving 1pm KOs? (/showthread.php?tid=2277)

Pages: 1 2

Energy saving 1pm KOs? - Cressers - 23-09-2022

Mansfield are the first; will other teams or Pompey follow?

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/efl-games-kick-off-1pm-floodlight-costs-crippling-energy-crisis-1856844

RE: Energy saving 1pm KOs? - dsmg - 23-09-2022

Sounds logical. Shame though as our best atmosphere always seems at evening kick-offs.

RE: Energy saving 1pm KOs? - scouse - 23-09-2022

I'd have to start drinking two hours earlier!?!

RE: Energy saving 1pm KOs? - TBP - 23-09-2022

I was wondering, are floodlights LEDs these days? If so, they shouldn't be that expensive to run.

This also takes me back to February 1974, when Pompey played their first game on a Sunday, starting at 2.30. This was against Orient in the FA Cup, 0-0. It was during the power cuts, of course. I was a stripling of 13, but still tall enough to stand at the back of the Fratton End and see ok, in a 32,000 crowd.

RE: Energy saving 1pm KOs? - Maddog56 - 23-09-2022

(23-09-2022, 08:00 AM)TBP Wrote: I was wondering, are floodlights LEDs these days? If so, they shouldn't be that expensive to run.

This also takes me back to February 1974, when Pompey played their first game on a Sunday, starting at 2.30. This was against Orient in the FA Cup, 0-0. It was during the power cuts, of course. I was a stripling of 13, but still tall enough to stand at the back of the Fratton End and see ok, in a 32,000 crowd.

If memory serves me correctly Sunday trading law meant Pompey couldn’t charge admission, but you had to purchase a paper team sheet for 40p which was the admission price at the time. It was a really dull game for such a huge gate.

RE: Energy saving 1pm KOs? - Pompey_in_Derby - 23-09-2022

That same winter we played Luton. The floodlights failed and the bald ref who was a larger-than-life character, unlike the modern refs (Kirkpatrick?), took over the PA system and insisted PFC use the emergency generator to complete the match. Fairly big crowd that day as well (18k+).

Was another dull 0-0 though!

RE: Energy saving 1pm KOs? - slayer - 23-09-2022

I remember going Watford away a few years ago and they turned the lights off in the stands when the game was in play. Not the same as flood lights of course but expect we will see more and more of that

RE: Energy saving 1pm KOs? - Pompey_in_Derby - 23-09-2022

If Pompey could get rid of those adverts on a white background at the Milton End then it would help us see the ball from the Fratton End. Anyone else find them distracting?

RE: Energy saving 1pm KOs? - teeftwo - 23-09-2022

It's a good idea for the clubs that are struggling, no doubt.

For me it completely puts the kibosh on making any Saturday games, always busy Saturday morning so would never be able to make 1 p.m.

RE: Energy saving 1pm KOs? - ForeverPompey - 23-09-2022

(23-09-2022, 09:09 AM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: If Pompey could get rid of those adverts on a white background at the Milton End then it would help us see the ball from the Fratton End. Anyone else find them distracting?

Yessss! Depending what colour the away team are playing in sometimes I don’t even notice them at that end!

RE: Energy saving 1pm KOs? - Daniel - 23-09-2022

That would Mess my season ticket up finish work at 1 on a Saturday

RE: Energy saving 1pm KOs? - Jezzer - 23-09-2022

Stick some solar panels on the rooves, wind farm pylons in the corners and self sufficiency is achieved. The club just has to think outside the box.

RE: Energy saving 1pm KOs? - Hermann's_no_hermit - 23-09-2022

(23-09-2022, 08:00 AM)TBP Wrote: I was wondering, are floodlights LEDs these days? If so, they shouldn't be that expensive to run.

While LEDs are the most efficient light source they are only about 20-25% more efficient than the metal halide lamps they replace. Not as much saving as when compared with domestic light bulbs.

RE: Energy saving 1pm KOs? - bluetagagain - 23-09-2022

It has to be a saving as it only takes between 0.5 - 0.9V to trigger an LED

RE: Energy saving 1pm KOs? - Hammie - 23-09-2022

(23-09-2022, 09:09 AM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: If Pompey could get rid of those adverts on a white background at the Milton End then it would help us see the ball from the Fratton End. Anyone else find them distracting?

absolutely, I can't see the ball in the milton end penalty area at all. Would be so simple to make them all on a dark background. I think I noticed at the last daylight game that the white background don't show up in sunlight as well.

RE: Energy saving 1pm KOs? - Hammie - 23-09-2022

(23-09-2022, 12:48 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote:

While LEDs are the most efficient light source they are only about 20-25% more efficient than the metal halide lamps they replace. Not as much saving as when compared with domestic light bulbs.

I wonder how long it takes to pay back the installation costs?

RE: Energy saving 1pm KOs? - slayer - 23-09-2022

I am not in favour of the 1300 kick offs because of the even earlier start for us when playing away. Will wreck the craic and the shant

RE: Energy saving 1pm KOs? - essentialmix75 - 23-09-2022

"Liz Truss insisted soaring bills were a 'price worth paying' in the fight against Russia"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11238705/Households-sent-letters-warning-E-energy-bills-rise-180-458.html

You feel the pain because they fancy a war!!....

When the people in these areas of Ukraine. Where war is being rained down on them by the west, are Russian speaking and see Russia as their homeland. Keep believing them B.S media pumping sh*t down your neck!!....

Remember the WEF video....
https://rumble.com/vdgi1h-world-economic-forum-by-2030-youll-own-nothing-and-youll-be-happy-about-it.html

Number 2

The old has to go before you are offered the new!!....

RE: Energy saving 1pm KOs? - dsmg - 23-09-2022

Who’s to blame for the war IYO, Mix?

RE: Energy saving 1pm KOs? - ForeverPompey - 23-09-2022

I’m sorry Mix... what???

War in these areas, has been on going since 2014. The Ukrainian government want to keep them part of Ukraine. The people wish to be part of Russia again!!..(USSR)

In these areas if the people vote to be part of Russia again... Remember this is what they want NATO is then attacking Mother Russia... It's Game Over.

Voting is happening now.

Look into the areas under attack!!! These are Russian people..

One of many links

"This could be a DISASTER and Putin knows it"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt4j5mZneFY

RE: Energy saving 1pm KOs? - Jezzer - 23-09-2022

(23-09-2022, 07:46 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: In these areas if the people vote to be part of Russia again... Remember this is what the want NATO is then attacking Mother Russia... It's Game Over.

Voting is happening now.

Do you write Liz Truss's speeches in your free time?

(23-09-2022, 08:00 PM)Jezzer Wrote:
(23-09-2022, 07:46 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: In these areas if the people vote to be part of Russia again... Remember this is what the want NATO is then attacking Mother Russia... It's Game Over.

Voting is happening now.

Do you write Liz Truss's speeches in your free time?

Wink

Thanks for the heads up..