TrueBlueArmy Forums
Griffiths - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Griffiths (/showthread.php?tid=2355)

Pages: 1 2

Griffiths - stayinupforever - 26-10-2022

Really not at all confident in him. Very lackadaisical, often risky approach to the game. I'd replace him in January and also get a "chopper" in midfield.

RE: Griffiths - Roybatty - 26-10-2022

I don't see anything "sweeper keeper" about him,his kicking is very suspect

RE: Griffiths - Isaac Hunt - 26-10-2022

(26-10-2022, 08:33 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: Really not at all confident in him. Very lackadaisical, often risky approach to the game. I'd replace him in January and also get a "chopper" in midfield.

Chopper = Red card.Risky

RE: Griffiths - scouse - 26-10-2022

Perhaps we were just spoiled by having Baz last year.

RE: Griffiths - DeepBlue - 26-10-2022

I still can't see what he has done so wrong in any game.  He is not brilliant,but he is OK and way down the list of problems that need solving in the team.  

I think he is getting stick for not being Bazunu, and not being Bass.  Neither of which is his fault.

RE: Griffiths - Cunninglinguist - 26-10-2022

I agree with Deep.

Goals have not generally been his fault. At least no more than any other keeper.

Start scoring goals again and no one is going to be having this conversation. It’s up front we have the problem and a lot of that is because our midfield has been decimated.

RE: Griffiths - stayinupforever - 26-10-2022

We should be doing better than "ok" in all positions.

RE: Griffiths - Cunninglinguist - 26-10-2022

I’m sure every fan of every team would agree.

RE: Griffiths - DeepBlue - 26-10-2022

(26-10-2022, 10:27 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: We should be doing better than "ok" in all positions.

???  

I'd be more than happy with a whole squad of players OK enough for a league one promotion push.  That's the sort of OK category I would put Griffiths in.

RE: Griffiths - Daniel - 26-10-2022

By this time last season Baz had made huge mistakes leading to goals conceded. I don’t remember Griffiths doing that yet this season.
I mean I could be wrong but don’t really remember any huge gaffs

RE: Griffiths - ForeverPompey - 26-10-2022

I don't recall any either tbh. My issue with him if there is one, is a lack of command in the area. Thinking back to Charlton's 3rd goal the free header came from about 5 yards out... couldn't the keeper have just claimed that cross? I think of all the issues we currently have the keeper is probably, for me, of least concern.

(26-10-2022, 11:31 AM)ForeverPompey Wrote: I don't recall any either tbh. My issue with him if there is one, is a lack of command in the area. Thinking back to Charlton's 3rd goal the free header came from about 5 yards out... couldn't the keeper have just claimed that cross? I think of all the issues we currently have the keeper is probably, for me, of least concern.

My only issue is when the quick ball is there he’s not on it but did start after an hour last night. Needs to bowl the ball out to the wings quicker if he can continue that we will be a better side

RE: Griffiths - ForeverPompey - 26-10-2022

I agree. I think the same but didn't like to say it before as it sounded like I was being too critical in one message! Smile

(26-10-2022, 01:39 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: I agree. I think the same but didn't like to say it before as it sounded like I was being too critical in one message! Smile

Hopefully he will learn as soon as he started throwing out wide Ogilve and koroma started getting space down the left.

RE: Griffiths - slayer - 26-10-2022

He is a 5 out of 10 L1 loan goalkeeper who distributes poorly.

He shipped out a home grown permanent 7 out of 10 L1 goalkeeper who distributes poorly to acquire him.

RE: Griffiths - Northstander - 18-11-2022

Oops Griff got away with one there

RE: Griffiths - Hammie - 18-11-2022

but he is an under 21 international so he must be good
I recall some fanzine pointing out that all lower league teams had their ex England U21 "star"
Not being our own player is not his fault either but it is an issue if he is not outstanding

RE: Griffiths - ForeverPompey - 18-11-2022

He nearly made a howler tonight with a missed punch. Got away with it or the knives would have been out!!

RE: Griffiths - Northstander - 18-11-2022

Yes we were so lucky to get away with that

RE: Griffiths - stayinupforever - 30-12-2022

Griffiths may be an England Under 21 International on the strength of a call up almost two years ago but a goalkeeper he ain't.

RE: Griffiths - Daniel - 30-12-2022

We need a experienced head in goal with our leaky defence at the moment

RE: Griffiths - slayer - 30-12-2022

I agree the keeper needs dropping now

RE: Griffiths - exterminator - 30-12-2022

Griffiths to be fair in most matches has been ok as a shot stopper.

However his distribution is slow and ponderous, is he being told to distribute the ball in that way?

Is this predictable hoof downfield to the team occupying half of the pitch usually on the left deliberate, signalling to the opposition exactly what you are going to do. Ok playing the ball out to Raggett, Morrison or Robertson is asking for trouble, but surely he can mix it up a little or is he playing to orders ?

Conclusion, he is no better than Bass, perhaps some intrepid interviewer needs to ask these questions to DC !!

RE: Griffiths - exgaffer - 30-12-2022

(30-12-2022, 10:53 PM)exterminator Wrote: Griffiths to be fair in most matches has been ok as a shot stopper.

However his distribution is slow and ponderous, is he being told to distribute the ball in that way?

Is this predictable hoof downfield to the team occupying half of the pitch usually on the left deliberate, signalling to the opposition exactly what you are going to do. Ok playing the ball out to Raggett, Morrison or Robertson is asking for trouble, but surely he can mix it up a little or is he playing to orders ?

Conclusion, he is no better than Bass, perhaps some intrepid interviewer needs to ask these questions to DC !!

We seem to be bringing on other clubs’ players and that is of no real benefit to us.

We need players signed to our club who are fully committed to our club.

Griffiths is no more than OK and we can do much better imo.

Get rid of the loan players, unless they are exceptional, get a manager with a less risk averse strategy and we will do much better and the fans will have something to get behind.

RE: Griffiths - Hammie - 31-12-2022

Thankfully Hughes has signaled that he does not want us using all these loan players to benefit other teams either. Loan as a try before you buy, fine or short term to cover a problem. Or one or two good enough to get you promoted, but none of our loans seem to fit the latter. Dale looks good but the actual stats re assists and goals are not as good as Curtis for example.