TrueBlueArmy Forums
Griffiths - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Griffiths (/showthread.php?tid=2355)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Griffiths - Pompeyg100 - 31-12-2022

Cowley told The News: ‘We have called Toby Steward back from a great loan at Bognor.

‘One of the reasons is so we can make the decision on Josh in the next couple of weeks as to whether he is ready to go out on loan.

RE: Griffiths - DeepBlue - 01-01-2023

It has always been the plan to send Oluwayemi out on a recallable loan in January, which makes perfect sense as he needs games for a decision to be made when his contract expires in June.  

I doubt whether two very poor goals conceded by Griffiths on Thursday will result in a knee-jerk decision to change that plan.

RE: Griffiths - Pompeyg100 - 01-01-2023

(01-01-2023, 10:39 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: It has always been the plan to send Oluwayemi out on a recallable loan in January, which makes perfect sense as he needs games for a decision to be made when his contract expires in June.  

I doubt whether two very poor goals conceded by Griffiths on Thursday will result in a knee-jerk decision to change that plan.

Where’s that plan been communicated? DC said a couple of weeks ago he wants to take the year option up now and send him out to get experience so it isn’t to make a decision on him.

An injury or illness to Griffiths will leave us in a hole.

RE: Griffiths - exterminator - 01-01-2023

(01-01-2023, 10:50 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(01-01-2023, 10:39 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: It has always been the plan to send Oluwayemi out on a recallable loan in January, which makes perfect sense as he needs games for a decision to be made when his contract expires in June.  

Where’s that plan been communicated? DC said a couple of weeks ago he wants to take the year option up now and send him out to get experience so it isn’t to make a decision on him.

On Twitter courtesy of Snooze  today moosh. 

I would guess any loan would have an instant recall option in event of injury to Griffiths.

(01-01-2023, 10:57 AM)exterminator Wrote:

On Twitter courtesy of Snooze  today moosh. 

I would guess any loan would have an instant recall option in event of injury to Griffiths.

I can’t see anything saying it has always been the plan? Only the article I took the quote from above.

RE: Griffiths - DeepBlue - 01-01-2023

Erm ... it was communicated a couple of weeks ago when DC said he wanted to send him out to get experience.

As you said. 

He also said it a month or so ago.

They probably have to wait for confirmation that WBA aren't recalling Griffiths first though, although if that happened they would probably go for another first choice keeper.

RE: Griffiths - bluetagagain - 01-01-2023

Yes , because it’s better to train up and give experience to someone else’s 20 yr old up and coming keeper than our own 20/21 yr old up and coming keeper.

RE: Griffiths - slayer - 01-01-2023

They need to fook off and coach an U23s side. Glass ceiling for them

(01-01-2023, 12:38 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:

Erm ... it was communicated a couple of weeks ago when DC said he wanted to send him out to get experience.

As you said. 

He also said it a month or so ago.

They probably have to wait for confirmation that WBA aren't recalling Griffiths first though, although if that happened they would probably go for another first choice keeper.

It’s just you said it had always been the plan.

RE: Griffiths - Ain’t got a Danny - 01-01-2023

Cowley needs to buy a solid keeper and send dropsy back to the baggies.

RE: Griffiths - Hammie - 01-01-2023

I remain hopeful that Hughes recent comments about less loans and developing our own will see a change in direction as soon as possible.
To be fair to the Cowleys and the recruitment team, we seem to be making a decent job of bringing on young inexperienced signings such Swanson, Mingi, Reeko ??? Hopefully that is not just because we had a lot of injuries.

Does he butter his gloves instead of his toast? I’ve never known a keeper incapable of holding on to the ball.

(01-01-2023, 03:57 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: Does he butter his gloves instead of his toast? I’ve never known a keeper incapable of holding on to the ball.

should have got some coaching form Knightsie, he was of the generation of keepers who often caught the ball at full dive.

Was that another goal from a bog standard shot that bounced right back in front of him?

RE: Griffiths - slayer - 01-01-2023

Dithering in distribution yet again - isn't distribution the reason Bass was let go?

(01-01-2023, 05:27 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Dithering in distribution yet again - isn't distribution the reason Bass was let go?

Yep, sorry but he isn’t up to the job and won’t get any better playing behind this team.

RE: Griffiths - Cunninglinguist - 01-01-2023

Send him back, get Olly on as 1st choice and get a backup.

Either that or bench Griffiths.

RE: Griffiths - bluetagagain - 01-01-2023

Just watched Charltons 2nd goal( again) on Sky. WTF were our defence and keeper doing. Abysmal.

RE: Griffiths - Cunninglinguist - 01-01-2023

(01-01-2023, 09:39 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: Just watched Charltons 2nd goal( again) on Sky. WTF were our defence and keeper doing. Abysmal.

Could say the same about Ipswich second goal.

Might be able to make a case (a big might!) for Griffiths seeing it late but three Ipswich players were onto that parry and not one defender in sight.

Fortunately I couldn’t get to FP today and had to watch the Charlton ifollow, they were talking about hitting the ball at Griffiths and following up before the game.

Needs to get himself some new gloves.

and a defence that start from the premise of defending.
Stop all this crap about passing out which mostly means pass to little effect and give the opposition a couple of chances for a run in on goal against a disorganised/gappy defence.