TrueBlueArmy Forums
We need a new manager NOW - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: We need a new manager NOW (/showthread.php?tid=236)

Pages: 1 2

We need a new manager NOW - Rocketman - 20-02-2021

Get KJ and dozy Gallen out now. Get GW in, might not work but couldn't be any worse.

RE: We need a new manager NOW - ForeverPompey - 20-02-2021

Guy can instill some passion and pride even if we don’t make the play offs. Jackett is killing the club

RE: We need a new manager NOW - Rocketman - 20-02-2021

Exactly. Get them out now, not next week, not tomorrow, NOW

Come on everyone, raise your voices here, might not make a difference but it just might......

(20-02-2021, 05:08 PM)Rocketman Wrote: Come on everyone, raise your voices here, might not make a difference but it just might......

I don’t use twitter but that might be a platform for getting their attention.

RE: We need a new manager NOW - stayinupforever - 20-02-2021

I can't believe Catlin and Eisner enjoy watching this standard of football.

RE: We need a new manager NOW - exgaffer - 20-02-2021

‘Portsmouth boss gives side huge lift with presence for Blackpool - 48 hours after surgery’.

That went well then.

Time for a change, it’s beyond a joke now.

(20-02-2021, 05:12 PM)exgaffer Wrote: ‘Portsmouth boss gives side huge lift with presence for Blackpool - 48 hours after surgery’.

That went well then.

When I saw him in the dugout I feared the worst

RE: We need a new manager NOW - Rick Pumpkin - 20-02-2021

(20-02-2021, 05:12 PM)exgaffer Wrote: ‘Portsmouth boss gives side huge lift with presence for Blackpool - 48 hours after surgery’.

That went well then.

Well considering last time out we lost 3-1, I suppose losing 1-0 is an improvement of sorts.

Will be glad to see Jackett and his lapdog go though.

RE: We need a new manager NOW - kindofblue - 20-02-2021

Still have a vague feeling that the Eisner’s don’t really want promotion. They’re happy to see out the season, get rid of the Muppets without cost and have a clearer view of attendance and finances for next year. They know people will be back in droves once they get the chance, promotion or not.

(20-02-2021, 05:17 PM)kindofblue Wrote: Still have a vague feeling that the Eisner’s don’t really want promotion. They’re happy to see out the season, get rid of the Muppets without cost and have a clearer view of attendance and finances for next year. They know people will be back in droves once they get the chance, promotion or not.

You might well be right. After all we regularly put out a weakened team in play off games.

RE: We need a new manager NOW - Hammie - 20-02-2021

In the current financial climate and no fans, I'm not so sure I would want to pay the bill for champ players with no income either!

RE: We need a new manager NOW - bluetagagain - 20-02-2021

If nothing else I've been consistent. I didn't want Jackett here at the beginning and have for the last 2-3 seasons wanted him out. The Eisners/Catlin must cut their losses now and get rid. Use the rest of this season to look for a new managerial team. Even give GW a temporary job 'til end of season. We aren't going up this year, too many teams below us hitting form. Even at the beginning of the season I though we would only make it via the play offs. Our defence is the worst its been ( in terms of skill) since Barkers days, Raggett is utter shite, why was he ever signed, ditto Marquis he was awful when he was on loan. Harrison WTF. Williams runs around burning off 100% energy and Harness is the emperors new clothes, flatters to deceive . We have about 5 decent players the rest along with KJ and JG are why we're still in L1.

RE: We need a new manager NOW - Cowespompey - 20-02-2021

(20-02-2021, 04:44 PM)Rocketman Wrote: Get KJ and dozy Gallen out now. Get GW in, might not work but couldn't be any worse.

Won’t happen

(20-02-2021, 05:21 PM)Hammie Wrote: In the current financial climate and no fans, I'm not so sure I would want to pay the bill for champ players with no income either!

From what I’ve seen since the restart in January I don’t think we need to worry about it!

RE: We need a new manager NOW - Wightblue - 20-02-2021

Hammie, I’m sure you wouldn’t want pay the bill for Championship players (and I doubt that you could) BUT Michael Eisner makes an absolute minimum of £5 Million a year interest (in reality it’s probably double that) and that’s on top of his £ 1.6 Billion stash.

It’s pocket money to him but, unfortunately for us, he has very, very deep pockets...... but very short arms

What we also need is to hear from the players. What's their take on the abysmal performances

The only one I heard from was Naylor on tues who said we take collective responsibility and must sort it out. Sadly it seems he didn’t really mean it.

RE: We need a new manager NOW - Pedalo_menders - 20-02-2021

I dont agree that the Eisners dont want promotion. I put forward the financial argument in another thread. 

The Eisners have backed Kenny & Joe every transfer window. With the right manager, we would have been promoted 2 years ago.

The problem is that they dont know enough about football to step in and say: WTF are you doing trying to sign Raggett?! To be fair, Catlin should be managing this but has not been a strong enough link between the football people and money people at the club.

RE: We need a new manager NOW - mikey393 - 20-02-2021

They've relied on Catlin too much who in turn has relied on KJ.

I do wonder how much they are paying him?

Was it initially a 2 year deal with a 1 year extension or was it always 3 years?

However, it does show he cares about the club by rushing back 2 days after surgery.

I'm Not sure that was a wise decision.

At the end of the day everyones health is the most important factor first & foremost.

(20-02-2021, 06:39 PM)mikey393 Wrote: They've relied on Catlin too much who in turn has relied on KJ.

I do wonder how much they are paying him?

Was it initially a 2 year deal with a 1 year extension or was it always 3 years?

However, it does show he cares about the club by rushing back 2 days after surgery.

I'm Not sure that was a wise decision.

At the end of the day everyones health is the most important factor first & foremost.

Sadly he should have stayed away as his presence seems to bring a deep depression to the club   Sad

RE: We need a new manager NOW - kindofblue - 20-02-2021

You’re probably right Pedalo - the Eisner’s have backed the management team but clearly don’t know a lot about football. They are astute businessmen though and they’re probably calculating that not many people are actually watching this rubbish I don’t know how many subscribers Ifollow has) so just let it play out till season end then start from scratch. I think Jackett is a decent person and deserves praise for coming back so quickly after surgery but I don’t like being bored or seeing the same selection and tactical mistakes made over and over. I think we’d all rather see some hard fought 2-3 defeats than this endless whistling dixie.

RE: We need a new manager NOW - Hammie - 20-02-2021

Oxford and Gills coming up. Not teams we do well against on the whole. If we did lose 4 on the trot, I wonder if they would still keep Kenny in post?

RE: We need a new manager NOW - Gerry Hatrick - 20-02-2021

SAW THE POST IN BIG TYPE AND WANTED A GO MYSELF.

IT FEELS AWESOME!!!

RE: We need a new manager NOW - Pedalo_menders - 20-02-2021

Looks awesome too moosh lol