TrueBlueArmy Forums
Koroma - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Koroma (/showthread.php?tid=2369)

Pages: 1 2

Koroma - bluetagagain - 30-10-2022

Not very good at all.
Koroma's stats for 9 matches and not one completed cross.
Source: Pompey Fan  Page Facebook.
I tried to post the article but it was to big (word wise) to post

https://www.facebook.com/pompeyfanpage12

RE: Koroma - Hammie - 30-10-2022

He does not look like a winger to me. Some modern thing of a false ten or whatever the latest trendy in phrase is. Curtis might be off form but would have got more involved and offered at least some reason not to double team on Dale in the second half.

RE: Koroma - DeepBlue - 30-10-2022

(30-10-2022, 04:55 PM)Hammie Wrote: He does not look like a winger to me. Some modern thing of a false ten or whatever the latest trendy in phrase is. Curtis might be off form but would have got more involved and offered at least some reason not to double team on Dale in the second half.

I don't think he has ever claimed to be a winger as such. Just someone who can play anywhere across the front line. 
His best moments for us have come cutting in from the left, or playing through balls from a central position. 

But yesterday he was just poor, and didn't look that interested.

RE: Koroma - ForeverPompey - 31-10-2022

Agree and right now I’d take the off-form Curtis’ passion above that.

RE: Koroma - Daniel - 31-10-2022

(31-10-2022, 11:43 AM)ForeverPompey Wrote: Agree and right now I’d take the off-form Curtis’ passion above that.

Can only imagine Curtis was still injured. If that was the case I would of stuck hume on for 15/20mins I’m pretty sure he could do a job further forward

RE: Koroma - Pedalo_menders - 31-10-2022

I was worried you were going to see he was out injured for 2 months!

RE: Koroma - slayer - 01-11-2022

Funny isn't it, when we miss Curtis, he has passion, but when he frustrates us, he has temperament

RE: Koroma - Hammie - 02-11-2022

(01-11-2022, 08:19 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Funny isn't it, when we miss Curtis, he has passion, but when he frustrates us, he has temperament

I always love his "temperment" and wish a few more of the team had the same. Never did AB's team any harm; Dillon et al.

RE: Koroma - slayer - 03-11-2022

I have a theory about Koroma and players like him, of which there is a glut at this level.

Pace on the wing is a young boy's game. Those who can put the ball in play in the top top leagues, those who can't keep the shirt because they can run the ball up the pitch and play it short.

When they bulk up and fill out, another kid takes their place.

They are then lost, because they are ineffective on the wing, managers try to find a place along the front line for them.

But because they aren't out and out strikers, and they get overrun in midfield, they are an overhead.

I think this is Koroma, and Curtis is going the same way.

RE: Koroma - Cunninglinguist - 04-11-2022

Koroma is 23!

RE: Koroma - Daniel - 15-11-2022

Just a thought is he playing in his best position? I see I’m more in a front 3 rather then a left midfielder

RE: Koroma - slayer - 18-11-2022

Four goals in last seven games at FP

Surprising stat

RE: Koroma - Hammie - 18-11-2022

(18-11-2022, 08:05 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Four goals in last seven games at FP

Surprising stat

Something to do with being rather predictable and slow to attack teams who sit back.

Koroma cuts back inside again
almost as predictable as Quashie shoots.... Wide!

4 in 8 now

RE: Koroma - dsmg - 18-11-2022

Not finished yet

He's off mate

RE: Koroma - dsmg - 18-11-2022

He's only scored two this season, I think

To be fair to him, he put himself about today and no one else has got a shot on target either

RE: Koroma - Cunninglinguist - 18-11-2022

(18-11-2022, 09:39 PM)scumslayer Wrote: To be fair to him, he put himself about today and no one else has got a shot on target either

First good performance for weeks. Much better than Curtis who was woefully slow and twice passed up the opportunity to slide the ball out to an overlapping Ogilvie in the first few minutes of coming on. His alternative choice was to ´cut inside´. At least Koroma went down the outside, the first chance he got.

RE: Koroma - ForeverPompey - 18-11-2022

Curtis made a difference for me. Showed drive and desire. So many different opinions!

(18-11-2022, 10:02 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote:
(18-11-2022, 09:39 PM)scumslayer Wrote: To be fair to him, he put himself about today and no one else has got a shot on target either

First good performance for weeks. Much better than Curtis who was woefully slow and twice passed up the opportunity to slide the ball out to an overlapping Ogilvie in the first few minutes of coming on. His alternative choice was to ´cut inside´. At least Koroma went down the outside, the first chance he got.

did he go outside again in the rest of the game, only watching on Sky but he appeared to cut inside everytime I saw him with the ball?

RE: Koroma - Daniel - 19-11-2022

I said when he won the foul in the first few minutes he won’t run at his man again.

RE: Koroma - Cunninglinguist - 19-11-2022

(18-11-2022, 11:37 PM)Hammie Wrote:
(18-11-2022, 10:02 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote:

did he go outside again in the rest of the game, only watching on Sky but he appeared to cut inside everytime I saw him with the ball?

Just the once, which was a hundred percent improvement on previous games, lol.
He did track back better too, actually looked interested.

Curtis was not even at the races. So slow and, actually, no ideas. Derby’s defense just smothered him.

All this has to be said in the context that Derby had a very very good defense.

RE: Koroma - bluetagagain - 19-11-2022

I'd have Curtis any day over Koroma the coma, but TBF we'd be better of returning Coma and selling Curtis.