TrueBlueArmy Forums
Insanity - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Insanity (/showthread.php?tid=240)

Insanity - Dibdenblue - 20-02-2021

Insanity is doing the same thing season after season and expecting a different result.
For the third year we are watching the same negative crap at home and away. Funny Americans don’t normally put up with mediocrity. Deep down I wonder if they really want promotion at all. The silence is deafening 

If you really wanted to win promotion why would you not play your best players when they are fit. Why would you set up to nick a win at home as opposed to really having a go. A lot of our best players were dropped mysteriously last season when we were doing well to. I can take losing if we have tried our hardest and been outplayed. What I can’t handle is trying not to loose rather than winning.  Negative! Negative! Negative!

Jackett is so lucky there are no spectators. Get this dinosaur out of our club while we still have an outside chance of automatic promotion. If he stays we may not even make the playoffs. And if we do we all know what will happen.

RE: Insanity - Wightblue - 20-02-2021

Fully support that Dibden

RE: Insanity - ForeverPompey - 20-02-2021

(20-02-2021, 05:35 PM)Dibdenblue Wrote: Insanity is doing the same thing season after season and expecting a different result.
For the third year we are watching the same negative crap at home and away. Funny Americans don’t normally put up with mediocrity. Deep down I wonder if they really want promotion at all. The silence is deafening 

If you really wanted to win promotion why would you not play your best players when they are fit. Why would you set up to nick a win at home as opposed to really having a go. A lot of our best players were dropped mysteriously last season when we were doing well to. I can take losing if we have tried our hardest and been outplayed. What I can’t handle is trying not to loose rather than winning.  Negative! Negative! Negative!

Jackett is so lucky there are no spectators. Get this dinosaur out of our club while we still have an outside chance of automatic promotion. If he stays we may not even make the playoffs. And if we do we all know what will happen.
Gallen says if we had drawn 0-0 today that would have been fine. Sums it up.

RE: Insanity - bluetagagain - 21-02-2021

Joe Gallen = Kenny Jackett+mentally unwell.

RE: Insanity - Tufnell_Chimes - 21-02-2021

Seems like we’re staying in Lg1 till the terraces are open. Championship needs to televise more games to bring in more cash, right now the signing-on fees and wages are way, way out of wack with the revenues of Champ clubs.

RE: Insanity - exgaffer - 21-02-2021

(21-02-2021, 09:35 AM)The Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: Seems like we’re staying in Lg1 till the terraces are open. Championship needs to televise more games to bring in more cash, right now the signing-on fees and wages are way, way out of wack with the revenues of Champ clubs.

I agree Tuffers, we need to get the ground open in order to tap into our major advantage, the crowd. 

It’s not just a financial thing, it’s a motivational thing. The crowd would have let Jackett and Gallen know how dissatisfied they are with the current fare, and in no uncertain terms.

I thought Eisner was in the entertainment business but watching Pompey play at the moment could certainly not be described as entertaining.

Roll on the end of the lockdown and the end of Kenny’s contract.

RE: Insanity - slayer - 21-02-2021

100 days to go

RE: Insanity - Pedalo_menders - 21-02-2021

(21-02-2021, 12:28 PM)scumslayer Wrote: 100 days to go

You should start a countdown thread  Wink

RE: Insanity - Hammie - 21-02-2021

I would have settled for nil nil from about half time. We looked more and more like a relegation team, we've seen a few of those over the years and they often lost 2:0 at home having made all the running for 60 minutes or so.