TrueBlueArmy Forums
Injuries - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Injuries (/showthread.php?tid=2408)

Pages: 1 2

Injuries - Yepmop70 - 13-11-2022

We all know injuries are are part and parcel of football and can be used as an excuse for results and performances, however the team we put out against Morecambe should have been more than capable of winning. That performance was unacceptable and realistically if the score was 5 - 1 to them we couldn't have any complaints.  If you have any chance of promotion these are the teams you should blow away.  No wonder the fans were chanting " this is embarrassing "  The lack of ambition from the owners has not helped the situation, the lack of  investment on the playing side firstly and as we all know they only  spent money on doing up fratton park otherwise it would have been closed because it's falling down . They had the chance to turn the ground 90 degrees and build a 35+ thousand seater but took the cheaper option , it really hurts when you see the likes of Brighton with a brand new ground and many other sides that are well below us with new stadiums. We will only  be small fry until we have owners that see the true potential of the club.  until that happens unfortunately it looks like there's a lot more pain to come yet.

RE: Injuries - Cunninglinguist - 13-11-2022

It was a league one side playing a league one side.

Why do you expect us to blow them away with our team is made up of second/third string players?

RE: Injuries - slayer - 13-11-2022

What Cunni said. First eleven can challenge for promotion but the rest of the squad are bang average

RE: Injuries - bluebollox - 13-11-2022

(13-11-2022, 06:33 AM)Yepmop70 Wrote: We all know injuries are are part and parcel of football and can be used as an excuse for results and performances, however the team we put out against Morecambe should have been more than capable of winning. That performance was unacceptable and realistically if the score was 5 - 1 to them we couldn't have any complaints.  If you have any chance of promotion these are the teams you should blow away.  No wonder the fans were chanting " this is embarrassing "  The lack of ambition from the owners has not helped the situation, the lack of  investment on the playing side firstly and as we all know they only  spent money on doing up fratton park otherwise it would have been closed because it's falling down . They had the chance to turn the ground 90 degrees and build a 35+ thousand seater but took the cheaper option , it really hurts when you see the likes of Brighton with a brand new ground and many other sides that are well below us with new stadiums. We will only  be small fry until we have owners that see the true potential of the club.  until that happens unfortunately it looks like there's a lot more pain to come yet.

Well said. A lot of people blaming DC, yes he has his faults but a injury crisis is hampering everything atm. Talk of the state of pitches @ ROKO & the owners wont sort it out. A lot of finger pointng @ the medical staff-AC & RH need to get involved, but will anything change when we have such tight arse owners.

RE: Injuries - Pompeyg100 - 13-11-2022

(13-11-2022, 11:49 AM)bluebollox Wrote:
(13-11-2022, 06:33 AM)Yepmop70 Wrote: We all know injuries are are part and parcel of football and can be used as an excuse for results and performances, however the team we put out against Morecambe should have been more than capable of winning. That performance was unacceptable and realistically if the score was 5 - 1 to them we couldn't have any complaints.  If you have any chance of promotion these are the teams you should blow away.  No wonder the fans were chanting " this is embarrassing "  The lack of ambition from the owners has not helped the situation, the lack of  investment on the playing side firstly and as we all know they only  spent money on doing up fratton park otherwise it would have been closed because it's falling down . They had the chance to turn the ground 90 degrees and build a 35+ thousand seater but took the cheaper option , it really hurts when you see the likes of Brighton with a brand new ground and many other sides that are well below us with new stadiums. We will only  be small fry until we have owners that see the true potential of the club.  until that happens unfortunately it looks like there's a lot more pain to come yet.

Well said. A lot of people blaming DC, yes he has his faults but a injury crisis is hampering everything atm. Talk of the state of pitches @ ROKO & the owners wont sort it out. A lot of finger pointng @ the medical staff-AC & RH need to get involved, but will anything change when we have such tight arse owners.

This run started with 1 injury Rafferty and not playing Swanson instead of moving the whole defense around.

(13-11-2022, 11:53 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(13-11-2022, 11:49 AM)bluebollox Wrote:

This run started with 1 injury Rafferty and not playing Swanson instead of moving the whole defense around.

Thats true & as I said DC has his faults. Truly bizarre really to ignore Swanson for so long. I think @ the seasons end Danny will probably hold his hands up to that one. But the rest is clearly out of his hands.

RE: Injuries - Gerry Hatrick - 13-11-2022

Out of his hands? I wonder. Playing Curtis for another 30-40 minutes last week when he should have gone off was certainly his call.

(13-11-2022, 12:10 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: Out of his hands? I wonder. Playing Curtis for another 30-40 minutes last week when he should have gone off was certainly his call.

As I said he has made mistakes. What would you have done? Its all ok us sitting here saying all this but we dont know what he knows about the fitness of players. I mean I'm @ the stage now where I'd rather have a 25% fit Curtis over a fully fit Koroma who imo is a completely wasted talent. Bloke doesn't want to chase back, doesn't want to go on the outside, is a crap crosser. Curtis is Curtis, he has an attitude but gives his all. The only other thing I would add ref your question is Hume maybe? But again we just dont know how fit he was?

RE: Injuries - foxleyblue - 13-11-2022

As has been said many times before....
The Eisners don't have a clue about British football.
If it was an American football team, he'd probably be investing a fortune into the playing staff  Undecided

RE: Injuries - Gerry Hatrick - 13-11-2022

(13-11-2022, 12:24 PM)bluebollox Wrote:
(13-11-2022, 12:10 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: Out of his hands? I wonder. Playing Curtis for another 30-40 minutes last week when he should have gone off was certainly his call.

As I said he has made mistakes. What would you have done? Its all ok us sitting here saying all this but we dont know what he knows about the fitness of players. I mean I'm @ the stage now where I'd rather have a 25% fit Curtis over a fully fit Koroma who imo is a completely wasted talent. Bloke doesn't want to chase back, doesn't want to go on the outside, is a crap crosser. Curtis is Curtis, he has an attitude but gives his all. The only other thing I would add ref your question is Hume maybe? But again we just dont know how fit he was?

Piggot was the one waiting to come on against Hereford and made an impact when he did. What a pity he wasn't put on half an hour earlier when he could have got more minutes and maybe saved Curtis the worse injury he has obviously sustained. For me it's rank poor judgement. And my point is that when you see things like that you wonder what other bad calls he's making (e.g. in training) that may be contributing to our injury crisis.

(13-11-2022, 12:32 PM)foxleyblue Wrote: As has been said many times before....
If it was an American football team, he'd probably be investing a fortune into the playing staff  Undecided

Lol it’s owners fault now!! Brilliant. It’s their fault that the players don’t seem interested for the first 30 mins of every game is it? It’s their fault we pass backwards all the time?

RE: Injuries - foxleyblue - 13-11-2022

(13-11-2022, 01:25 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:

Lol it’s owners fault now!! Brilliant. It’s their fault that the players don’t seem interested for the first 30 mins of every game is it? It’s their fault we pass backwards all the time?

Point taken, but usually, the buck stops with the boss'

(13-11-2022, 01:28 PM)foxleyblue Wrote:
(13-11-2022, 01:25 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:

Point taken, but usually, the buck stops with the boss'

The boss is DC, the gaffer.

RE: Injuries - Hammie - 13-11-2022

if we are talking about the squad players, we'd all best remember that all but the sides relegated from the champ are strictly limited to the budget they can spend.
Surprised that rule has not been challenged in court as being anti competitive or some such rule.

RE: Injuries - Cunninglinguist - 13-11-2022

The Eisners don’t need to know anything. They’ve employed managers to do that.

They’re doing ok, in my book.

RE: Injuries - Hammie - 13-11-2022

(13-11-2022, 03:48 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote:

gradually turning a financial basket case of a club into one that can survive and develop long term. (and no it wasn't a financial disaster under fan ownership, but it is very unlikely that we could have financed the ground improvements required to maintain capacity)

(13-11-2022, 04:16 PM)Hammie Wrote:
(13-11-2022, 03:48 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote:

gradually turning a financial basket case of a club into one that can survive and develop long term. (and no it wasn't a financial disaster under fan ownership, but it is very unlikely that we could have financed the ground improvements required to maintain capacity)

Totally unlikely as they admitted.

RE: Injuries - exterminator - 13-11-2022

Bobby Bacic is head physio - he was a KJ appointment.

Is he an "old school" type physio, not using modern up to date diagnosis & treatment within the team ?

Why has it taken Denver Hume months to get fit?

Why did Jayden Reid get another cruciate ligament injury within a few weeks of returning from a previous one- what measurements & tests were made when he returned?

Why can't he get TomLowery fit?

Why has Joe Morrell been a perpetual "sick note" for months on end?

Was the original injury to Joe Rafferty properly diagnosed?

The Cowleys and the fans need some answers..

RE: Injuries - TBP - 14-11-2022

Is there anyone at the club capable of assessing the competence of the medical/fitness staff?

RE: Injuries - Daniel - 14-11-2022

(13-11-2022, 09:13 PM)exterminator Wrote: Bobby Bacic is head physio - he was a KJ appointment.

Is he an "old school" type physio, not using modern up to date diagnosis & treatment within the team ?

Why has it taken Denver Hume months to get fit?

Why did Jayden Reid get another cruciate ligament injury within a few weeks of returning from a previous one- what measurements & tests were made when he returned?

Why can't he get TomLowery fit?

Why has Joe Morrell been a perpetual "sick note" for months on end?

Was the original injury to Joe Rafferty properly diagnosed?

The Cowleys and the fans need some answers..

I hope the new sporting director fill focus is on this issue until it’s resolved

RE: Injuries - Slagger - 28-11-2022

Any updated news? Who is back in training? Surely something positive soon to give us a few more options.

RE: Injuries - Pedalo_menders - 28-11-2022

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/here-come-the-cavalry-portsmouth-boss-buoyed-by-returning-players-as-play-off-battle-with-derby-county-bolton-wanderers-barnsley-peterborough-co-resumes-3933048

Jacobs and Dale are training
Thompson & Lowery allowed outside but not training with the group.
Rafferty & Reid nowhere near

RE: Injuries - Cunninglinguist - 29-11-2022

Talisman??? What fucking talisman?

Sell him

RE: Injuries - foxleyblue - 29-11-2022

But do many of the American football teams need a lot of dosh spending on the Stadiums?

RE: Injuries - Northstander - 05-12-2022

(28-11-2022, 05:05 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/here-come-the-cavalry-portsmouth-boss-buoyed-by-returning-players-as-play-off-battle-with-derby-county-bolton-wanderers-barnsley-peterborough-co-resumes-3933048

Jacobs and Dale are training
Thompson & Lowery allowed outside but not training with the group.
Rafferty & Reid nowhere near

Rafferty could be out till March Hampshire Live reports. Swanson has a stomach issue and Freeman out with a calf injury