TrueBlueArmy Forums
Whos looking forward to Derby? - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Whos looking forward to Derby? (/showthread.php?tid=2415)

Whos looking forward to Derby? - Pedalo_menders - 16-11-2022

Are we going to put in a performance or are we going to get absolutely mauled (on telly)?

RE: Whos looking forward to Derby? - bluetagagain - 16-11-2022

We’re gonna stuff the wannabe midlanders 3-0

RE: Whos looking forward to Derby? - slayer - 16-11-2022

We all know our boys are allergic to the cameras

RE: Whos looking forward to Derby? - Pompeyg100 - 16-11-2022

Koroma hatrick from the left wing.

RE: Whos looking forward to Derby? - TBP - 16-11-2022

If Bishop and Pigott start, yes. If Scarlett starts, no.

RE: Whos looking forward to Derby? - Hammie - 16-11-2022

depends how many times we give the ball away in striking distance of our own goal

RE: Whos looking forward to Derby? - Daniel - 17-11-2022

Hopefully a change of formation and a few players come back

RE: Whos looking forward to Derby? - mike hunt - 17-11-2022

It is going to be a tough test, but we are home, and we should give it a right go 2-1 Pompey

RE: Whos looking forward to Derby? - exterminator - 17-11-2022

(17-11-2022, 07:17 AM)Daniel Wrote: Hopefully a change of formation and a few players come back

No chance of that, Curtis, Lowery & Rafferty were loafing (no intensive fitness work) about in the gym with a couple of the physios yesterday. 

This was whilst the rest of the team took part in a 9 a side match on half a pitch, short quick passing.

RE: Whos looking forward to Derby? - DeepBlue - 17-11-2022

This is the sort of game we were winning at home last year in exciting games and under the lights it could be a great night. 

In our favour Derby should be knackered, but in their favour they are on form and we aren't. 

And then there are the cameras. 

All logic and form points to a defeat and some more wet bedsheets on here, but I've just got a sneaky feeling we are due a good performance and will win when they tire in the second half.

RE: Whos looking forward to Derby? - Cunninglinguist - 17-11-2022

I look forward to every game, as long as I think we’re going to try and play football.

As long as it’s a good entertaining game, I’ll be happy.

2-1

RE: Whos looking forward to Derby? - ForeverPompey - 17-11-2022

If he plays, which is likely, I hope Scarlett scores the winner. I feel sorry for the lad. Finding his feet at 18 in league football. Made a terrific start and it’s gone flat for him partly because we don’t have the midfielders capable of finding him when he makes his runs off the ball and partly because he’s lost form and has been overused. I certainly don’t think he deserves any hostility towards him which, as supporters, we are readily capable of. Result? Unbeaten at home in 19 I think, no wins in 4...1-1 and more frustration I reckon.

RE: Whos looking forward to Derby? - exterminator - 17-11-2022

Scarlett needs taking out of the firing line for a few matches, time to go with experience in Pig & Magic  to see if we can get results going again.

If Robertson, Curtis, Lowery & Rafferty is out I'd like to see this line up:~

Griffiths
Swanson, Raggett, Ogilvie, Hume
      Dale  Pack, Mingi Reeco
                  Pig. Magic

RE: Whos looking forward to Derby? - TBP - 17-11-2022

(17-11-2022, 11:52 AM)ForeverPompey Wrote: If he plays, which is likely, I hope Scarlett scores the winner. I feel sorry for the lad. Finding his feet at 18 in league football. Made a terrific start and it’s gone flat for him partly because we don’t have the midfielders capable of finding him when he makes his runs off the ball and partly because he’s lost form and has been overused. I certainly don’t think he deserves any hostility towards him which, as supporters, we are readily capable of. Result? Unbeaten at home in 19 I think, no wins in 4...1-1 and more frustration I reckon.

Your comment about Scarlett would be more valid if he wasn't keeping out a good experienced goalscorer, but, unfortunately, he is.

RE: Whos looking forward to Derby? - Pompey_in_Derby - 17-11-2022

Looking forward to the drive home and weekend......... if we win!!

RE: Whos looking forward to Derby? - ForeverPompey - 17-11-2022

Are you saying it is not valid to say he has lost form? Or not valid to hope he scores the winner if he plays? Or not valid to argue that he shouldn’t receive abuse from fans?

RE: Whos looking forward to Derby? - Tomsk - 17-11-2022

2-1 everybody's happy... ish
1-1 Cowley is shit, and the physios need shooting
0-1 there's something rotten at the club

I'll go for 1-1, and wet pants all round

RE: Whos looking forward to Derby? - firqdays - 17-11-2022

We do deserve a 'performance' so here's hoping...

RE: Whos looking forward to Derby? - briefcase_wanchor - 17-11-2022

Demolished Paul Warne's Rotherham last season when they were "the team" so hoping for more tomorrow. BTW, did anyone listen to the BBC podcast following Warne and Robinson last season? Warne clearly not a fan of Cowley.

RE: Whos looking forward to Derby? - slayer - 17-11-2022

Cowley brothers have a rep for being in the fourth official's pocket and making silly claims that don't make sense to people who have played.

What did he say?

RE: Whos looking forward to Derby? - Hammie - 17-11-2022

We used to be just about unbeatable under the lights, would be nice to see those sort of up and at em performances even now and again

RE: Whos looking forward to Derby? - briefcase_wanchor - 17-11-2022

(17-11-2022, 06:12 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Cowley brothers have a rep for being in the fourth official's pocket and making silly claims that don't make sense to people who have played.

What did he say?

It was something to do with how we approached their player we were trying to sign last Jan, going behind the club/Warnes back. I think Cowley ended up doing a bit of grovelling to Warne but didn't phone him direct and got someone else to ask Warne to call him (which he never did). Seemed to rile Warne. Anyway, fuck 'im.

RE: Whos looking forward to Derby? - Cunninglinguist - 18-11-2022

(17-11-2022, 07:32 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote:
(17-11-2022, 06:12 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Cowley brothers have a rep for being in the fourth official's pocket and making silly claims that don't make sense to people who have played.

What did he say?

It was something to do with how we approached their player we were trying to sign last Jan, going behind the club/Warnes back. I think Cowley ended up doing a bit of grovelling to Warne but didn't phone him direct and got someone else to ask Warne to call him (which he never did). Seemed to rile Warne. Anyway, fuck 'im.

Are these posts remotely connected? I’m not sure I understand either of them, in isolation or together.

RE: Whos looking forward to Derby? - briefcase_wanchor - 18-11-2022

They certainly are, but don’t let it worry you sweet cheeks.

RE: Whos looking forward to Derby? - slayer - 18-11-2022