TrueBlueArmy Forums
Zak Swanson - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Zak Swanson (/showthread.php?tid=2421)

Pages: 1 2

Zak Swanson - essentialmix75 - 18-11-2022

We must get him a part time Deliveroo job. May help him with his delivery's, can't remember one good cross all night (Mr floater).

God help us if he comes up against any one with pace!..

RE: Zak Swanson - Lawrence - 18-11-2022

(18-11-2022, 10:42 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: We must get him a part time Deliveroo job. May help him with his delivery's, can't remember one good cross all night (Mr floater).

God help us if he comes up against any one with pace!..

Apart from a couple of goes from Dale, I can't remember anyone delivering a decent cross all game. But if you've chosen swanson so you have fun with that.

We so miss Thompson and lowery. The two just lifted the team.

RE: Zak Swanson - Hammie - 18-11-2022

Thompson back sooner than expected is great news, will take some of the load off pack, especially as he has picked up a fair number of yellow cards.

RE: Zak Swanson - slayer - 19-11-2022

That ball Dale put in that got played back in and just caught Bishop forward was an outstanding ball, probably one of the best crosses of the season, it deserved a goal, shame we could not convert

RE: Zak Swanson - essentialmix75 - 19-11-2022

Dale will get recalled January, all day long.

By the way Swanson is not fit to wear a Pompey shirt... We should want far better.... We have been in league one for far to long!..

RE: Zak Swanson - slayer - 19-11-2022

Right of entitlement mentality. You get what you pay for

RE: Zak Swanson - firqdays - 19-11-2022

Mr Mix, we are in LEAGUE ONE with League ONE players - albeit aspiring to play at a higher level.

And there it is, willing to accept being mediocre... Will I think we have had far to much time down here. with all our neighbours in the top flight, and us kicking our heels in league one.

It's F*cking unacceptable.

No good seating in a nice cinema, if the show is sh*t...

At 22 do you think Swanson is good enough, to wear a Pompey shirt?...

RE: Zak Swanson - DeepBlue - 19-11-2022

(19-11-2022, 11:22 AM)essentialmix75 Wrote: At 22 do you think Swanson is good enough, to wear a Pompey shirt?...

Yes. of course he is.  He is a long way from the finished article, how could he be with so few frst team games behind him but he is a very promising young player getting better week by week as he gains experience. Mishitting a couple of crosses last night does not change that.  

It is noticeable that the rest of the team trust him much more with the ball now than in his first few games, and he plays a much more active role in the build-up - his Arsenal training showing in his passing style. 

Rafferty's injury may have hit the season hard, but the one benefit of it could well be that we find ourselves with a very good young right back for years to come by the end of the season if he can keep up this rate iof improvement. He has also shown he can score goals, and its a long time since we had rightback doing that. 

But if you want to try and destroy him before he gets started go ahead if that is the kind of supporter you are. IMO it just shows you are as clueless about football as you are about everything else in life, desperately looking for bandwagons to jump on.

(19-11-2022, 11:37 AM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(19-11-2022, 11:22 AM)essentialmix75 Wrote: At 22 do you think Swanson is good enough, to wear a Pompey shirt?...

" desperately looking for bandwagons to jump on."

Chipshop

If you read what I written, I haven't waited for others to start saying things before I join in.... I am out the front saying it how it is....

I could give a f*ck if you like me or what I say... I say it how I see it and will not be browbeaten into thinking like you or others.

Swanson sh*t, and if you think he is good enough to be in a league one champions winning starting 11. You have got blinkers on!..

RE: Zak Swanson - Hammie - 19-11-2022

For me, Swanson shows that you have to be brave enough to being young players in and play them.
He is improving and will be a good long term right back for us.
In midfield, we've had a poor run wins wise, but have improved our squad long term by having to play Mingi.
Scarlett, however shows the problem in playing a very young player too often, if we continue, there is every chance of some sort of stress fracture injury cropping up I would have thought. Done a good job of trying to turn the crowd against him too.

RE: Zak Swanson - Lawrence - 19-11-2022

(19-11-2022, 03:10 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote:

Chipshop

If you read what I written, I haven't waited for others to start saying things before I join in.... I am out the front saying it how it is....

I could give a f*ck if you like me or what I say... I say it how I see it and will not be browbeaten into thinking like you or others.

Swanson sh*t, and if you think he is good enough to be in a league one champions winning starting 11. You have got blinkers on!..

You probably said swanson was aiming for the corner flag when he scored against Shrewsbury.  The guy has started 7 first team games and our vastly qualified uefa-recognised messageboard posters here have already written him off. I've no idea but I've seen decent workrate and has improved in a short time when the squinnies have broken cover once and for all. 

Its funny that until our injuries nobody was saying jack sh*t about our manager or our team. I

RE: Zak Swanson - dsmg - 19-11-2022

Essentially Mixed up hates everybody! It's all a plot! Swanson is a good young footballer imo who as Lawrence says has started 7, yes seven, league games. Give the guy a break. Were you excellent at carrying your billboard the first few times? Instead of ´Repent, the end is nigh` I bet you wrote ´Repeat, the end is night`. We all need a little time.

RE: Zak Swanson - Pompeyg100 - 19-11-2022

(19-11-2022, 04:56 PM)Lawrence Wrote:
(19-11-2022, 03:10 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote:

Chipshop

You probably said swanson was aiming for the corner flag when he scored against Shrewsbury.  The guy has started 7 first team games and our vastly qualified uefa-recognised messageboard posters here have already written him off. I've no idea but I've seen decent workrate and has improved in a short time when the squinnies have broken cover once and for all. 

Its funny that until our injuries nobody was saying jack sh*t about our manager or our team. I

Plenty have doubted the manager before the injuries.

RE: Zak Swanson - Hermann's_no_hermit - 19-11-2022

Generally I think Pic n 'Mix talks total bollox about politics and the environment but surprisingly sensible about football. On this occasion, however, I disagree and go along with the majority view on here that Swanson has the makings of a very decent player and just needs to improve his crossing. I am glad we signed him and he has done well since coming into the team for someone with so little experience.

Summer 2024

Swanson leaves Portsmouth FC on a free transfer.....

Watch how many change their tune!..

We need a RB like Nathan Thompson if we are to get out of league one....

wider view, he is exactly the sort of player we should be signing, not all will work out but enough will to perhaps make it better value than running a full on youth system?

(19-11-2022, 07:42 PM)Hammie Wrote: wider view, he is exactly the sort of player we should be signing, not all will work out but enough will to perhaps make it better value than running a full on youth system?

I am not saying don't sign young players, I do think that's a good way to go.... But he is 22 and not 17/18 he is a good way through his career. Some players have had 5 years first team action by now, and many retire at 32. If he is one of them, he is a 1/3 of the way through his career and some how we have to wait till he improves?....

We are F*cking Pompey and you should expect more.

as regards 22 or 23 that seems to be a direct result of prem clubs being allowed to recruit out of area and have hundreds of young players who will never ever get in their first team.
Those who sign their youngsters up for Chelsea locally need to think about that

RE: Zak Swanson - exterminator - 19-11-2022

(19-11-2022, 07:53 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: We are F*cking Pompey and you should expect more.

Shut Up Thick 'n Mix, PFC almost went out of existence about 10 yrs ago. The whole club suffered from huge under investment in the ground, academy,trainiing ground facilities&  pitches etc etc.

The club is virtually being rebuilt from the bottom, yet the spoilt brats like  you and the I want, I can't wait, I must have brigade just  spout utter bullshit all the time.

It is going to take time to get out of this league, when we do, we don't want to do a Rorherham or Peterbotpigh and drop straight back down again.

Thankfully the owners are prepared to build solid foundations and take a brick by brick approach.

Just because we are PFC doesn't mean anything in football terms, you only get where you go by hard work, patience and understanding.

RE: Zak Swanson - Kingo - 19-11-2022

(19-11-2022, 11:26 PM)exterminator Wrote:
(19-11-2022, 07:53 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: We are F*cking Pompey and you should expect more.

Shut Up Thick 'n Mix, PFC almost went out of existence about 10 yrs ago. The whole club suffered from huge under investment in the ground, academy,trainiing ground facilities&  pitches etc etc.

The club is virtually being rebuilt from the bottom, yet the spoilt brats like  you and the I want, I can't wait, I must have brigade just  spout utter bullshit all the time.

It is going to take time to get out of this league, when we do, we don't want to do a Rorherham or Peterbotpigh and drop straight back down again.

Thankfully the owners are prepared to build solid foundations and take a brick by brick approach.

Just because we are PFC doesn't mean anything in football terms, you only get where you go by hard work, patience and understanding.

RE: Zak Swanson - Kingo - 19-11-2022

And not repeatedly giving away your best players helps too. Talk of whether Swanson is going to be ok or not. What was wrong with Johnson? Cowley has to have his own players, he can't blame anyone else.

RE: Zak Swanson - essentialmix75 - 20-11-2022

(19-11-2022, 11:26 PM)exterminator Wrote:

Anxiety (PFC no1 pin cushion)

Used a code breaker to decode what you said.

A football club is about the team you get onto the pitch, everything else comes second. We have been down in sh*tty league one far to long, by the way how long are you willing to wait and watch another season just tail off like so many others.

Big money is going to be needed to be spent, and if you are not willing to do this don't buy a f*cking football club....

By the way getting any side effects from your poison yet??... Wink  tick tick don't run!...

Swanson not fit for the shirt.

RE: Zak Swanson - exterminator - 20-11-2022

Ha,Ha Bletchley Park would have had trouble deciphering most if the tosh you write or refer to in your boring posts Thick n' Mix.  

When Tornante bought the club it was made quite clear "Big Money" would not be thrown at the team, the PFC Trust Members overwhelmingly accepted that & sold.

I'm quite prepared to wait until we are ready to " go up" as long as we then down come straight " back down" 

Yep. Mr Thicky thank you for asking,  I'm fine at the moment (touch wood), just had 1st of two Shingles jabs & had a flu jab a few weeks ago. 

Swanson is a young, developing right back, full of potential unlike you who is a middle aged, washed out disbelieving cretin who will be poking up the daisies well before their alloted time.