TrueBlueArmy Forums
Maybe the Cups will... - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Maybe the Cups will... (/showthread.php?tid=2422)

Maybe the Cups will... - firqdays - 19-11-2022

Maybe - hopefully a change of competition next week  will refresh our season for the better..

Derby County a similar sort of night, and again leaving supporters frustrated and thinking "what if/if only.."

There were some better/very good performances last night across the team. 

DALE - looked sharp and a constant threat and I only saw one bunch of the frustrating 'step-overs' in the second half - he needs to maintain that standard.

PACK and MINGHI sound and putting a foot in, 

SWANSON again an excellent night and a couple of bits of tight ball control in the first half from hard hit passes were admirable

CURTIS offered a little more invention when he came on, and KOROMA had a better night.

However, we (locally) were saying DC should have brought on PIGGOTT and REECO mid term in the second half to put a bit more bulk/height into the box as Derby did look as if they were tiring - the very late sub of SCARLETT with PIGGOTT was of zero use - did he touch the ball more than twice?

So, lets hope for better next week, not too fussed about Ipswich, but if we can't score goals against MK the natives restlessness will become ever more vocal.

RE: Maybe the Cups will... - mike hunt - 19-11-2022

I watched the game on sky last night & although we looked ok there is no cutting edge,
why we don't play Piggot is beyond comprehension and baffling to say the least, last match he came on @ Hereford he scored!
During December & January, we have 10 league games all of which will influence our season, Playing Ipswich, Wycombe, Exeter, Charlton, Bolton & Peterborough, anything less than 20 points you can kiss promotion goodbye!
come on Pompey wake up and smell the coffee!

RE: Maybe the Cups will... - Hammie - 19-11-2022

Lets hope enough fans turn up next week to make the FA Cup less of an after thought.
I hate the way we've fallen for the continental managers' attitude towards our tradition.

incidentally, if you cannot usually get in the Fratton End there are loads of tickets available on general sale!

RE: Maybe the Cups will... - bluetagagain - 19-11-2022

>KOROMA had a better night.<
How exactly????? Other than one decent tackle he was toilet.

RE: Maybe the Cups will... - dsmg - 19-11-2022

He had one excellent run about two minutes in and one good track back. That’s yer lot

RE: Maybe the Cups will... - Hammie - 19-11-2022

(19-11-2022, 03:48 PM)dsmg Wrote: He had one excellent run about two minutes in and one good track back. That’s yer lot

Dale lasts the half, as you point out Koroma has a bout 5 minutes in him.

I seem to recall Jim Smith saying Mark Chamberlain only had good minutes, but they were productive minutes!

RE: Maybe the Cups will... - Pedalo_menders - 24-11-2022

At home to Stevenage in the next round. Nice.

RE: Maybe the Cups will... - Hammie - 24-11-2022

(24-11-2022, 05:59 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: At home to Stevenage in the next round. Nice.

time for another Wembley visit. I was all booked to take the grandchildren when Covid intervened. 
Don't much care about the games on the way if I'm honest but....

RE: Maybe the Cups will... - Tomsk - 24-11-2022

Stevenage going well this season, they'll be no push over.

RE: Maybe the Cups will... - Lawrence - 24-11-2022

(24-11-2022, 06:29 PM)Tomsk Wrote: Stevenage going well this season, they'll be no push over.

Steve Evans plays the kind of football that joey Barton w*nks over in bed every night. Kick everybody at every opportunity.

RE: Maybe the Cups will... - mikey393 - 24-11-2022

Home draw against Div 2 opposition all we can ask for.

Need a strong ref to send acouple of their players off!