TrueBlueArmy Forums
Ritchie - go and get him now - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Ritchie - go and get him now (/showthread.php?tid=2428)

Ritchie - go and get him now - Pangus - 20-11-2022

We're slipping away from the play-off places
The team desperately needs an experienced left sided, left-footed attacker with the perfect record of achievement.
We've seen with Pack what a difference an experienced player, who has spent his career at a higher level, can make.
The fans and the team need a big boost going into next year
Cowley thinks he will play for us
All we ask is just this one time the owners put their hands in their pocket and change our season before' its too late.

RE: Ritchie - go and get him now - DeepBlue - 20-11-2022

As Cowley said in his recent interview on the subject, there are lots of things that will need to line-up for that to happen, and one of them is clearly that we have to be in the championship .  There is surely no chance that a player on £50k+ a week will go to League 1 from the Premier, however much he claims to love the club.  

The only hope would be  a loan with Newcastle paying 90% of his wages, and that seems just as unlikely. 

Getting Jacobs fit might be a more realistic alternative solution.

RE: Ritchie - go and get him now - slayer - 20-11-2022

Lmfao

RE: Ritchie - go and get him now - Tomsk - 20-11-2022

Might as well bid for Haaland too, he may be able to nick us the odd goal

RE: Ritchie - go and get him now - slayer - 20-11-2022

Let's offer him twice his value so Man City look more favourably on the deal

RE: Ritchie - go and get him now - Pompeyg100 - 20-11-2022

(20-11-2022, 07:04 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Let's offer him twice his value so Man City look more favourably on the deal

Lol

RE: Ritchie - go and get him now - Ain’t got a Danny - 20-11-2022

Even if somehow Ritchie came on loan how long before he’d be badly injured in a freak training ground accident.

RE: Ritchie - go and get him now - Roybatty - 21-11-2022

He is 33 now,so not sure how old he will be when he plays for us again

RE: Ritchie - go and get him now - Daniel - 21-11-2022

I swear I saw him on Friday on the way to the ground. Probably just someone that looks like him

RE: Ritchie - go and get him now - bluetagagain - 21-11-2022

I think there is a remote possibility we could get him on loan in January. We could make a token payment on his wage,Newcastle get Ritchie some playing time,and, if ( a big IF) we got promoted through the play-offs then maybe there would be a chance of signing him permanently . ( I appreciate it its all ifs and buts).

RE: Ritchie - go and get him now - mikey393 - 22-11-2022

(20-11-2022, 05:12 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: As Cowley said in his recent interview on the subject, there are lots of things that will need to line-up for that to happen, and one of them is clearly that we have to be in the championship .  There is surely no chance that a player on £50k+ a week will go to League 1 from the Premier, however much he claims to love the club.  

The only hope would be  a loan with Newcastle paying 90% of his wages, and that seems just as unlikely. 

The latest on Jacobs from D.C. who values the player highly is that he could be back for the Wycombe game.

There's an article in the snooze on this saying we aren't creating enough chances.

RE: Ritchie - go and get him now - Cunninglinguist - 22-11-2022

Hopefully another club will value Jacobs even more highly.

RE: Ritchie - go and get him now - bluetagagain - 22-11-2022

Hopefully

RE: Ritchie - go and get him now - TBP - 22-11-2022

Ronaldo now available. Could Cowley make good use of him?

RE: Ritchie - go and get him now - slayer - 22-11-2022

(12-11-2022, 11:36 AM)scumslayer Wrote: It's the sort of game we would need to win if we were serious and as already stated, Morecambe can take points off the runners. Score draw

(21-11-2022, 12:02 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: I think there is a remote possibility we could get him on loan in January. We could make a token payment on his wage,Newcastle get Ritchie some playing time,and, if ( a big IF) we got promoted through the play-offs then maybe there would be a chance of signing him permanently . ( I appreciate it its all ifs and buts).

Yep. Very, very very, extremely, exceptionally remote

RE: Ritchie - go and get him now - Pompeyg100 - 23-11-2022

(22-11-2022, 05:48 PM)mikey393 Wrote:
(20-11-2022, 05:12 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: As Cowley said in his recent interview on the subject, there are lots of things that will need to line-up for that to happen, and one of them is clearly that we have to be in the championship .  There is surely no chance that a player on £50k+ a week will go to League 1 from the Premier, however much he claims to love the club.  

The latest on Jacobs from D.C. who values the player highly is that he could be back for the Wycombe game.

There's an article in the snooze on this saying we aren't creating enough chances.

He rates him so highly at one stage he would have played his mother in law ahead of him if he could have.

RE: Ritchie - go and get him now - Slagger - 23-11-2022

(22-11-2022, 08:31 PM)scumslayer Wrote:
(12-11-2022, 11:36 AM)scumslayer Wrote: It's the sort of game we would need to win if we were serious and as already stated, Morecambe can take points off the runners. Score draw

(21-11-2022, 12:02 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: I think there is a remote possibility we could get him on loan in January. We could make a token payment on his wage,Newcastle get Ritchie some playing time,and, if ( a big IF) we got promoted through the play-offs then maybe there would be a chance of signing him permanently . ( I appreciate it its all ifs and buts).

Yep. Very, very very, extremely, exceptionally remote
So you’re telling me there is a chance?!