TrueBlueArmy Forums
They need to go - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: They need to go (/showthread.php?tid=244)

They need to go - slayer - 20-02-2021

Give it to O'Driscoll for the rest of the season.

These two have totally lost the plot now.

This is different to before. They were stubborn back then, but they're completely lost now.

RE: They need to go - ForeverPompey - 20-02-2021

(20-02-2021, 08:30 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Give it to O'Driscoll for the rest of the season.

This is different to before. They were stubborn back then, but they're completely lost now.

Maybe Eddie Howe would fancy a go??

RE: They need to go - Pedalo_menders - 20-02-2021

(20-02-2021, 08:45 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote:
(20-02-2021, 08:30 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Give it to O'Driscoll for the rest of the season.

No chance unfortunately. Plenty of prem clubs would still be interested in him. Hed also probs cost near to 1M a year (excluding his staff) and hed probably want a half decent championship budget to work with too. And thats IF hed drop to the championship.

We're not ready for someone of his calibre at the moment, sadly.

RE: They need to go - Rick Pumpkin - 21-02-2021

Howe wouldn't give us the time of day.  Sorry, but that's the reality.

He chose to leave AFCB and he'll go to at least a Championship club when he decides he's had enough of a break from the game.

RE: They need to go - ForeverPompey - 21-02-2021

(21-02-2021, 10:21 AM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote: Howe wouldn't give us the time of day.  Sorry, but that's the reality.

He chose to leave AFCB and he'll go to at least a Championship club when he decides he's had enough of a break from the game.

Maybe Harry!!!! Undecided That would raise a lively debate amongst fans!!!
But yes, realistically I would agree Sean O'D could step in temporarily or Guy W. It's all probably academic as nothing is going to happen.

RE: They need to go - bluebollox - 21-02-2021

(21-02-2021, 12:55 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote:
(21-02-2021, 10:21 AM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote: Howe wouldn't give us the time of day.  Sorry, but that's the reality.

Maybe Harry!!!! Undecided That would raise a lively debate amongst fans!!!
But yes, realistically I would agree Sean O'D could step in temporarily or Guy W. It's all probably academic as nothing is going to happen.

Not Sean O'Driscoll. What was it the Bournemouth Echo nicknamed him, "Sean O'Dismal"! If you think he'll galvanise the players you're mistaken. He cant even galvanise himself ffs.

RE: They need to go - DeepBlue - 21-02-2021

(20-02-2021, 09:14 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote:
(20-02-2021, 08:45 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote:

No chance unfortunately. Plenty of prem clubs would still be interested in him. Hed also probs cost near to 1M a year (excluding his staff) and hed probably want a half decent championship budget to work with too. And thats IF hed drop to the championship.

We're not ready for someone of his calibre at the moment, sadly.

RE: They need to go - Northstandgeorge - 21-02-2021

Paul Cook is unemployed he has a pretty good track record of getting teams promoted

RE: They need to go - Pedalo_menders - 21-02-2021

I'd have cookie back at this stage. I miss the passion and at times we played some very good stuff. That 50 pass goal against Bournemouth being a particular highlight.

RE: They need to go - BilltheCat - 21-02-2021

Yeah, but until Crawley, and beyond, the football was dreadfully dull.

RE: They need to go - Pedalo_menders - 21-02-2021

Yeh, agreed that we had some poor results but nothing as dull as what is being served up at the moment. Even though it was also 451 and frustrating at times, Cook's sides could string a few passes together.

I'd still prefer Cook (warts n all) over Jackett.

RE: They need to go - mikey393 - 21-02-2021

I hated Cook but at least he listened to the fans & starting playing more attacking football especially at Home.

He also got us promoted as Champions much to Argyle's disgust.

He knows the club & fans which is a Big Plus.

As far as I'm concerned he can jump in his Ford Cortina & start tomorrow!