TrueBlueArmy Forums
RITCHIE Christmas present ? - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: RITCHIE Christmas present ? (/showthread.php?tid=2442)

RITCHIE Christmas present ? - firqdays - 25-11-2022

Don't know whether there is any credibility but on the official club site a lift from the Newcastle Chronicle talking up the possibility - please God -  of M Ritchie joining us.! (Really)

Wow -  if only, it could make a dramatic difference to the second half of our season. PUP

RE: RITCHIE Christmas present ? - exterminator - 25-11-2022

Yep,as it looks like Dale will return to his parent club & Koroma needs binning off as he is next to useless, wouldn't be a bad idea.

RE: RITCHIE Christmas present ? - Cunninglinguist - 25-11-2022

I’d keep Dale. Although if we did get rid, I’d put Koroma on the right.

I don’t think I’m the first to say that. (Deep?)

RE: RITCHIE Christmas present ? - Daniel - 26-11-2022

I think Marlon needs to get on the phone!!

RE: RITCHIE Christmas present ? - briefcase_wanchor - 26-11-2022

Newcastle owners don't seem to lead on sentiment so I see this as unlikely if they are able get a financially more preferable deal from a Champ club.

RE: RITCHIE Christmas present ? - Pompeyg100 - 26-11-2022

(25-11-2022, 03:30 PM)firqdays Wrote: Don't know whether there is any credibility but on the official club site a lift from the Newcastle Chronicle talking up the possibility - please God -  of M Ritchie joining us.! (Really)

Wow -  if only, it could make a dramatic difference to the second half of our season. PUP

On what official club site? Is there a link?

RE: RITCHIE Christmas present ? - Gerry Hatrick - 26-11-2022

(26-11-2022, 10:33 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(25-11-2022, 03:30 PM)firqdays Wrote: Don't know whether there is any credibility but on the official club site a lift from the Newcastle Chronicle talking up the possibility - please God -  of M Ritchie joining us.! (Really)

On what official club site? Is there a link?

Nothing in this. It's just a report about general interest in Ritchie with a rehash of The News story a week ago when Cowley poured cold water over it because of the wages factor.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ryan-fraser-attracting-january-transfer-25590277

RE: RITCHIE Christmas present ? - Daniel - 26-11-2022

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/11/24/portsmouth-confident-in-signing-newcastle-outcast-matt-ritchie/

Not the most reliable source

RE: RITCHIE Christmas present ? - slayer - 26-11-2022

Pretty much the most unreliable source - because there is no source.

HITC is staffed by a bunch of kids that have studied useless Sports Journalism degrees and can't use them to get sports newspaper jobs.

Around 400 of them graduate from UK universities every year to find that open sports newspaper jobs are rare as rocking horse poo, are getting rarer as titles close, and those who hold them seldom if ever vacate them.

This forces them either to get a proper paying job in another profession or join these shit fanzine outfits.

Their job is to invent "content" for unaffiliated fanzines that pay them peanut revenue generated by Pay Per Clicks.

Content is not news, it is emotive subjective bullshit designed to get revenue clicks.

Ritchie is an ex-player, this is low hanging fruit.

We click, author gets paid, author deludes themself for another day that they are a journalist working in sport, author writes more tomorrow.

RE: RITCHIE Christmas present ? - Pompeyg100 - 26-11-2022

He doesn’t pass the ball backwards enough for DC anyway.

RE: RITCHIE Christmas present ? - slayer - 26-11-2022

Correct me if I am wrong but Swindon put him up front because he can't cross? I remember a lot of head down, blind alley daisy cutter shit when we had him last time but put it down to him being a pup

RE: RITCHIE Christmas present ? - Pompeyg100 - 27-11-2022

(26-11-2022, 07:45 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Correct me if I am wrong but Swindon put him up front because he can't cross? I remember a lot of head down, blind alley daisy cutter shit when we had him last time but put it down to him being a pup

I think he’s probably proved his quality now though!

RE: RITCHIE Christmas present ? - slayer - 27-11-2022

Could we rely on DC to play him up top?

RE: RITCHIE Christmas present ? - Northstander - 27-11-2022

Reading it through it does seem Eddie Howe wants to get him a loan and it makes sense that is would be down this part of the country as his family are still here.

RE: RITCHIE Christmas present ? - DeepBlue - 27-11-2022

(26-11-2022, 07:45 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Correct me if I am wrong but Swindon put him up front because he can't cross? I remember a lot of head down, blind alley daisy cutter shit when we had him last time but put it down to him being a pup

Pretty sure all 7 of his games for us were at left-back, and all I can remember is that he was an excellent striker of the dead ball, and nothing obviously wrong with his crossing. At Swindon he moved up to midfield, but don't think he has played up front anywhere.

RE: RITCHIE Christmas present ? - bluetagagain - 27-11-2022

I believe he can play anywhere down the left -WBL/ML/AML

RE: RITCHIE Christmas present ? - firqdays - 28-11-2022

I think we all would hope, that if miracles occur, and he does come to us, that he will drive the team on, a fighter, with the will to win.

RE: RITCHIE Christmas present ? - slayer - 28-11-2022

Putting Pompey boys in the side ain't going to hurt. Pack has lifted this group without question

RE: RITCHIE Christmas present ? - Cleaver Greene - 28-11-2022

Whilst I would love to see Matt Ritchie join us, I'm not sure he would enjoy it much.
I remember watching Darren Anderton at Bournemouth a few times. Even though his legs had pretty much gone, his football brain was streets ahead of any player around him. They were just not on the same wavelength as him, some passes he was playing were just not read by the other Bournemouth players. No disrespect to our current batch of players, but you might see the same thing happen at Pompey.

RE: RITCHIE Christmas present ? - firqdays - 28-11-2022

Cleavers, we have a few who would possibly gel - PACK, Mingi , a (RE) motivated Jacobs ?

RE: RITCHIE Christmas present ? - Cleaver Greene - 28-11-2022

(28-11-2022, 01:40 PM)firqdays Wrote: Cleavers, we have a few who would possibly gel - PACK, Mingi , a (RE) motivated Jacobs ?

Lets hope so.
We need SOMETHING to get us out of this awful league 1. We have been here too long.
I hope the catalyst for that is Matt Ritchie.

RE: RITCHIE Christmas present ? - Pedalo_menders - 28-11-2022

Want to know a really depressing stat? We were in the prem for 7 years. If we don't go up this year, next year we will match that in L1. Absolutely fucking ridiculous.

RE: RITCHIE Christmas present ? - Pompeyg100 - 28-11-2022

(28-11-2022, 04:57 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: Want to know a really depressing stat? We were in the prem for 7 years. If we don't go up this year, next year we will match that in L1. Absolutely fucking ridiculous.

I’m sure DC will get us up next season though.