TrueBlueArmy Forums
Neil Allen, a must read in The News - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Neil Allen, a must read in The News (/showthread.php?tid=247)

Neil Allen, a must read in The News - blueinbrum3 - 21-02-2021

Neil Allen has written one of the most ‘tell it as it is’ articles I’ve read for a long time. In a subtle way he is highly critical of the current level of performances on the pitch, both individually and as a team, and the inability to achieve any degree of consistency. Basically he is challenging the squad to decide whether they are mice or men and to prove the growing army of doubters wrong and that they can challenge for promotion. Interestingly his article is directed at the players not the management. The one area I would disagree with him is his apparent assumption of Pompey’s ‘play off’ credentials. To me even that achievement is in doubt without a major improvement in performances and results. So let’s see what happens. Do we have a squad of mice or men?

RE: Neil Allen, a must read in The News - stayinupforever - 21-02-2021

We have a squad of rats deserting a sinking ship at the moment.

RE: Neil Allen, a must read in The News - exgaffer - 21-02-2021

(21-02-2021, 11:30 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: We have a squad of rats deserting a sinking ship at the moment.

On the subject of rats, I saw a program recently that questioned the role of the good old black rat in the Black Death.

Apparently it was more likely to be human, and not rat, fleas that spread the disease so devastatingly.

Who’d have thought it?  Smile

RE: Neil Allen, a must read in The News - Gerry Hatrick - 21-02-2021

(21-02-2021, 12:46 PM)exgaffer Wrote:
(21-02-2021, 11:30 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: We have a squad of rats deserting a sinking ship at the moment.

On the subject of rats, I saw a program recently that questioned the role of the good old black rat in the Black Death.

Apparently it was more likely to be human, and not rat, fleas that spread the disease so devastatingly.

Who’d have thought it?  Smile

I saw that programme - weren't it ticks that were the culprit?

RE: Neil Allen, a must read in The News - Deebo - 21-02-2021

Chaps. Wtf watches a prog about the Black Death in a covid pandemic? What with that and Jackettball you could become clinically depressed.

RE: Neil Allen, a must read in The News - BilltheCat - 21-02-2021

Can I recommend "Rats, Lice and History" by Hans Zinsser?

RE: Neil Allen, a must read in The News - Hammie - 21-02-2021

Back tot he original. If you can find the Neil Allen article, I would suggest he has summed up pretty much what we all feel right now.
"play offs at the very maximum"
"skulk away or scrap"

he does remind us that 5 players had covid
which might have something to do with the running about but lack of "energy" from key players such as Jack and Curtis??

RE: Neil Allen, a must read in The News - slayer - 21-02-2021

Curtis, Naylor and McG can hold their head up high for effort.

Not sure you can say that about any of the others.