TrueBlueArmy Forums
Dressing Room - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Dressing Room (/showthread.php?tid=2472)

Pages: 1 2

Dressing Room - TBP - 05-12-2022

Has Cowley lost the dressing room? I guess the jury is still out on this one, but another performance like yesterday, at Accrington, will confirm it.

RE: Dressing Room - Northstander - 05-12-2022

For me he has yes

RE: Dressing Room - firqdays - 05-12-2022

Watching the Sky coverage when he was addressing the players there did not appear to be 100% attention - to the contrary, and some players walking from the room!

RE: Dressing Room - slayer - 05-12-2022

The body language on the pitch was telling. Flat footed, no movement. Fans were up for it, players did not feed off it

RE: Dressing Room - TheSyrup - 05-12-2022

Yep
It’s a shame as he certainly has a passion for the game, I just don’t think the players respect him. They did have a good start to the season but we all knew that the performances weren’t that good and they definitely over achieved.

RE: Dressing Room - Cunninglinguist - 05-12-2022

Oh, I didn’t know.

I thought the performances were excellent. I thought we were bang on for a chance at an auto spot.

RE: Dressing Room - slayer - 05-12-2022

It was all gravy when we had the momentum but he hasn't got anything to pick them up and stop the rot has he?

When I was at school, when one of the class were arsing about, my teacher's goto line was "well I have passed my exams already, it's no skin off my nose how you do in yours"

I guess Danny can't say that about his trophies and the players know it

RE: Dressing Room - Hammie - 05-12-2022

plan A and B just involve swapping the defence around.
How about a plan C which breaks at pace and uses the winger types we have to get the ball in the box and create more than one or two chances for some half decent forwards wot we have.

RE: Dressing Room - exterminator - 05-12-2022

(05-12-2022, 11:41 PM)Hammie Wrote: plan A and B just involve swapping the defence around.
How about a plan C which breaks at pace and uses the winger types we have to get the ball in the box and create more than one or two chances for some half decent forwards wot we have.

Ha,Ha,Ha.....mmie

Dale is the only winger with pace & he will be off back to Blackpool in January. 

I haven't seen a "winger" as useless & as one footed as Koroma since Jim McCaffrey & Curtis has lost whatever pace he ever had & somehow I very much doubt it will ever return.   Sad

RE: Dressing Room - Hammie - 06-12-2022

have to agree about Koroma.
Very worrying when Curtis is still the only one who provides a reasonable number of assists or goals.
Perhaps its time for Hackett to be given a run of starts, coming on as sub he often looks our biggest threat.

RE: Dressing Room - TBP - 06-12-2022

(06-12-2022, 06:34 PM)Hammie Wrote: have to agree about Koroma.
Very worrying when Curtis is still the only one who provides a reasonable number of assists or goals.
Perhaps its time for Hackett to be given a run of starts, coming on as sub he often looks our biggest threat.

He's certainly improving.

RE: Dressing Room - slayer - 06-12-2022

Relatively speaking, is he? Or is the gap between him and the players above closing because those players above are also underperforming?

RE: Dressing Room - TBP - 06-12-2022

No, I think he is actually improving. I am certainly less bothered when I see him come on.

RE: Dressing Room - Jizbag - 07-12-2022

I think we need a change of manager. So far we've failed to reach the playoffs twice, and that looks like happening again. Trouble is ME doesn't seem bothered. I can't even see the point of them owning a football club.

RE: Dressing Room - slayer - 07-12-2022

I don't get it either. He isn't a young man. He doesn't need the money. He could sell us for twice what he paid for us and it wouldn't change his life

RE: Dressing Room - Pompeyg100 - 07-12-2022

Pretty sure he’s covered this several times, he wants the club in the family for generations. It was never going to be immediate success.

RE: Dressing Room - exterminator - 07-12-2022

Well there is obviously concerns about the dip in form & the lack of attacking nous as for the 1st time I have ever known the forward players were out on the training ground this afternoon.

In all the time PFC have been at ex-Roko I have never known (unless they are playing on a Friday ) the Ist team to train on a Wednesday which is their traditional day off.

RE: Dressing Room - Cunninglinguist - 07-12-2022

They had Sunday off.

RE: Dressing Room - Jizbag - 07-12-2022

(07-12-2022, 05:20 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: Pretty sure he’s covered this several times, he wants the club in the family for generations. It was never going to be immediate success.

Well if that's the case then I'll shan't bother with them. It has to be relevant now, not in 20 or 30 years time. They've owned it for 6 years and we've not progressed on the pitch one bit.

RE: Dressing Room - fullymentaljackett - 07-12-2022

(07-12-2022, 08:29 PM)Jizbag Wrote:
(07-12-2022, 05:20 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: Pretty sure he’s covered this several times, he wants the club in the family for generations. It was never going to be immediate success.

Well if that's the case then I'll shan't bother with them. It has to be relevant now, not in 20 or 30 years time. They've owned it for 6 years and we've not progressed on the pitch one bit.
Exactly. Losing generations of kids who will have no interest in Pompey. There will be no supporters left.

RE: Dressing Room - Jezzer - 07-12-2022

(07-12-2022, 07:14 PM)exterminator Wrote: Well there is obviously concerns about the dip in form & the lack of attacking nous as for the 1st  time I have ever known the forward players were out on the training ground this afternoon.

In all the time PFC have been at ex-Roko I have never known (unless they are playing on a Friday ) the Ist team to train on a Wednesday which is  their traditional day off.

While we all appreciate you keeping us informed of the comings and going at Roko, shouldn't you be devoting most of your time to keeping the toilets spotless?

RE: Dressing Room - Cunninglinguist - 08-12-2022

(07-12-2022, 10:06 PM)fullymentaljackett Wrote:

Exactly. Losing generations of kids who will have no interest in Pompey. There will be no supporters left.

Hardly the worst period in Pompeys history, even if you’re only in your teens.

As to not improving on the pitch, we aren’t playing Jackettball anymore.

RE: Dressing Room - Pompeyg100 - 08-12-2022

(07-12-2022, 10:06 PM)fullymentaljackett Wrote:

Losing generations of fans? Why? How many fans have Pompey gained from being successful? Not man because it has rarely happened.

RE: Dressing Room - slayer - 08-12-2022

I understand where he is coming from.

In our Div 1 days, fighting relegation it would be backs against the wall, high stakes, siege mentality, which is optimal for feeling connected.

RE: Dressing Room - Kingo - 08-12-2022

Cunning, the thing is that most times when we've been carp before, at any level, you would still leave a match, irrespective of the result, with at least some bits of football to remember. Now all you get is a big flat void of nothingness.