TrueBlueArmy Forums
Pigott - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Pigott (/showthread.php?tid=2489)

Pages: 1 2 3

Pigott - Cunninglinguist - 13-12-2022

A towering strength in defence (sadly, for Stevenage) for 92 minutes and then one rasping left foot shot followed by an unstoppable free kick that tore into the top left corner of the net.

Swap him for Scarlett? Yeah, for about 1 and 1/2 minutes.

Awful performance and then…

RE: Pigott - TBP - 13-12-2022

Give him a chance, he hasn't played for ages.

RE: Pigott - bluetagagain - 13-12-2022

He still trains everyday with the same players. You get a chance you have to take it.

RE: Pigott - Cunninglinguist - 13-12-2022

Exactly.
It’s not the first game he’s played like that. He scored a cracker but…

RE: Pigott - Pompeyg100 - 13-12-2022

(13-12-2022, 09:00 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: A towering strength in defence (sadly, for Stevenage) for 92 minutes and then one rasping left foot shot followed by an unstoppable free kick that tore into the top left corner of the net.

Swap him for Scarlett? Yeah, for about 1 and 1/2 minutes.

Awful performance and then…

Sounds a like he produced more than Scarlett then.

RE: Pigott - Kingo - 13-12-2022

Take your chance when you get it? Like score a hat trick against Chelsea X1 for example?

RE: Pigott - Cunninglinguist - 14-12-2022

It wasn’t Chelsea though, was it? It was second division Stevenage and his only contributions were two speculative long shots. That was it.

It was clear to see why Scarlett is way ahead of him in the squad and why Ipswich fans were so glad to get rid. We need to send him back and bring someone in who is capable of challenging Scarlett.

RE: Pigott - Pompeyg100 - 14-12-2022

(14-12-2022, 06:35 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: It wasn’t Chelsea though, was it? It was second division Stevenage and his only contributions were two speculative long shots. That was it.

It was clear to see why Scarlett is way ahead of him in the squad and why Ipswich fans were so glad to get rid. We need to send him back and bring someone in who is capable of challenging Scarlett.

I’m sure DC can coach the shots and goals out of him and he can challenge Scarlett for a start.

RE: Pigott - Gerry Hatrick - 14-12-2022

His playing record prior to Ipswich speaks for itself.  He just needs a little faith shown in him.

RE: Pigott - slayer - 14-12-2022

Cowley can say all he likes, but we all saw with our own eyes how effective Bishop was when Piggott was beside him.

RE: Pigott - Kingo - 14-12-2022

And if he'd "taken his chance" and scored a hat trick against Stevenage as well, do you think that would have got him a start in the next league game?

RE: Pigott - dsmg - 14-12-2022

What are the stats anyone? Bish-Pig, Bish-Starlett

(14-12-2022, 09:19 AM)Kingo Wrote: And if he'd "taken his chance" and scored a hat trick against Stevenage as well, do you think that would have got him a start in the next league game?

But he didn’t, he had another bad game against lower league opposition and that’s the reason he isn’t getting games. If he’d played well but didn’t score I could have argued a case for him but he was awful.

Apparently, he played badly for Ipswich last season too. Cowley has taken a chance on him recovering his form with us but it hasn’t paid off. Send him back and get someone who is in form because Scarlett needs competition. We don’t have enough options up front.

Bishop definitely seemed to benefit from having Pigott alongside him at the start of the season, however, Scarlett and Bishop were both scaring the opposition up until our midfield started to collapse. We were the leagues top scorers and had the leagues third best defensive record. Would I put a player who is playing badly in place of a player who is at least getting into more scoring positions than Bishop? No!

Tell me the name of a Pompey player who is playing better up front than Scarlett and I’d argue that it might make Bishops job easier, it would be worth a try.

Personally I feel our inability to get decent service into the box and our failure to carry on the high press have been the reason for our dip in form. At least the service into the box, particularly from the left, was excellent yesterday. Pigott was nowhere to be seen.

RE: Pigott - Hammie - 14-12-2022

So, do we want a striker who runs round looking powerful but does not score or a striker who might not be on the pitch but gets shots in, scores and even brings other strikers into the game when they are on the pitch?

RE: Pigott - TBP - 14-12-2022

Unfortunately, Pigott is going to be another decent striker wasted by a Pompey manager. I wonder who he will be banging the goals in for in the second half of the season.

RE: Pigott - TBP - 14-12-2022

(14-12-2022, 12:02 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote:
(14-12-2022, 09:19 AM)Kingo Wrote: And if he'd "taken his chance" and scored a hat trick against Stevenage as well, do you think that would have got him a start in the next league game?

But he didn’t, he had another bad game against lower league opposition and that’s the reason he isn’t getting games. If he’d played well but didn’t score I could have argued a case for him but he was awful.

Apparently, he played badly for Ipswich last season too. Cowley has taken a chance on him recovering his form with us but it hasn’t paid off. Send him back and get someone who is in form because Scarlett needs competition. We don’t have enough options up front.

Bishop definitely seemed to benefit from having Pigott alongside him at the start of the season, however, Scarlett and Bishop were both scaring the opposition up until our midfield started to collapse. We were the leagues top scorers and had the leagues third best defensive record. Would I put a player who is playing badly in place of a player who is at least getting into more scoring positions than Bishop? No!

Tell me the name of a Pompey player who is playing better up front than Scarlett and I’d argue that it might make Bishops job easier, it would be worth a try.

Personally I feel our inability to get decent service into the box and our failure to carry on the high press have been the reason for our dip in form. At least the service into the box, particularly from the left, was excellent yesterday. Pigott was nowhere to be seen.

You've admitted that Pigott and Bishop worked well together, so surely when Scarlett fell away Pigott should have come back.

How can we name a player playing better than Scarlett when no one else is given an opportunity and when they are they score.

Scarlett produces nothing and scares no one. I’d rather have Reeco play there.

We need offensive strikers not defensive ones.

Pig and Bishop all day long and by the time Scarlett is dropped it will be too late again. Even if he does start to produce it’ll probably be too late again like last season with Hirst.

(14-12-2022, 01:11 PM)TBP Wrote:
(14-12-2022, 12:02 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote:

You've admitted that Pigott and Bishop worked well together, so surely when Scarlett fell away Pigott should have come back.
One hit wonder.

Pigott was shit yesterday and it’s not the first time. He’s obviously not been picked because he actually isn’t doing the business for either us or Ipswich. Are you telling me we should play a player who isn’t anything like as good as we’ve got?

I think you’ll find that Bishop needs someone who can do it every game. I wouldn’t be averse to the idea of pairing him with Reeco. He’s a far better player than Pigott, on current form.

RE: Pigott - slayer - 14-12-2022

Problem is Bishop is a 9 who has to play as a 10 for Scarlett.

I prefer Bishop as the 9. He is better than Scarlett.

I would rather play Piggott to hold the ball up if it means Bishop moves up

(14-12-2022, 08:56 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Problem is Bishop is a 9 who has to play as a 10 for Scarlett.

100%! Playing Scarlett makes the team worse. No teams are scared of him, they don’t even need to bother marking him, just leave him to run around.

RE: Pigott - DeepBlue - 14-12-2022

(14-12-2022, 08:56 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Problem is Bishop is a 9 who has to play as a 10 for Scarlett.

Bishop's success at Accrington was as support to Charles who played the 9 role, so no reason to think he would be better in that role. Not saying he couldn't be good at it though.

RE: Pigott - Kingo - 15-12-2022

Well Pigott is obviously going to go back to Ipswich in January. Be interesting to see what other mug DC can entice to sit on the bench while we give the kid a start in life at our expense.

RE: Pigott - Cunninglinguist - 15-12-2022

Interesting to note that Pigott has three goals but only one assist in all competitions this season.

Doesn’t lend credence to the idea that Bishop feeds of him, does it?

RE: Pigott - Hermann's_no_hermit - 15-12-2022

(15-12-2022, 12:13 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: Interesting to note that Pigott has three goals but only one assist in all competitions this season.

Doesn’t lend credence to the idea that Bishop feeds of him, does it?

You really don't like him do you Cunning? Shame because he speaks very highly of you.

RE: Pigott - slayer - 15-12-2022

Nice try Cunning but it is not relevant to the idea that Bishop as a 9 is better than Bishop as a 10.

I couldn't give a fuck who plays the 10 as long as it isn't Bishop.