TrueBlueArmy Forums
Ipswich game - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Ipswich game (/showthread.php?tid=2547)

Pages: 1 2

Ipswich game - Yepmop70 - 28-12-2022

1. It looks like we only have finishing in the play offs to go for now, with the injuries and sickness bug going through the squad it is obviously difficult to select your best 11, so whatever team is put out against a top side like Ipswich we are bound to be underdogs which is strange when we are at home. As fans lets do what we do best and get right behind the team , no negativity just strong vocal backing. I am as disappointed as any  that it looks as though automatic promotion is gone but we can definitely make the play offs if everybody gives their all off the pitch. Come on guys  PUP.  ??

RE: Ipswich game - Pompeyg100 - 28-12-2022

(28-12-2022, 01:30 PM)Yepmop70 Wrote:
  1. It looks like we only have finishing in the play offs to go for now, with the injuries and sickness bug going through the squad it is obviously difficult to select your best 11, so whatever team is put out against a top side like Ipswich we are bound to be underdogs which is strange when we are at home. As fans lets do what we do best and get right behind the team , no negativity just strong vocal backing. I am as disappointed as any  that it looks as though automatic promotion is gone but we can definitely make the play offs if everybody gives their all off the pitch. Come on guys  PUP.  ??

So all we have to do is sing and we’re in the playoffs?! Awesome!

RE: Ipswich game - Pedalo_menders - 28-12-2022

LEZZZZBEEEEEEE AVVEENNUUUEE!!!!

RE: Ipswich game - firqdays - 28-12-2022

Keep the faith Pomps100 - this is football and IT IS far too early to write us off for Anything yet.

How many punters had NEWCASTLE relegated a relatively short while ago ??

Anyway, enjoy the singing - I feel good about this one . PUP

RE: Ipswich game - Cunninglinguist - 28-12-2022

(28-12-2022, 02:02 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(28-12-2022, 01:30 PM)Yepmop70 Wrote:

So all we have to do is sing and we’re in the playoffs?! Awesome!

As long as we play a striker who has scored 3 goals in his last 37 games, we’ll be fine.

It’s only a matter of time before he gels.

Who needs goals when we can play the best defensive striker DC has seen in 15 years.

And he can score now and again too.

(28-12-2022, 04:52 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: And he can score now and again too.

As can Piggot.

RE: Ipswich game - Kingo - 28-12-2022

I guess if you spend enough time out there you can't avoid scoring at some stage.

RE: Ipswich game - Kingo - 28-12-2022

That was directed at Cunning, by the way

34 games, in some cases.

How many minutes has he played in those 34 games?

How many has he deserved to play?

3 goals in 37.

Joe Morrell is only just behind him. Perhaps play him up front.

(28-12-2022, 05:44 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: How many has he deserved to play?

3 goals in 37.

Joe Morrell is only just behind him. Perhaps play him up front.

Lol and Scarlett’s a goal machine?!

I’d be interested to see the minutes per goal for Piggot and Scarlett this season.

3 in 18 for Scarlett

I make that twice as good.

We need a replacement if Scarlett can’t do it.

That certainly doesn’t include Pigott

3 in 37 ha ha ha

I bet Ipswich are praying they can prise him back in January. They’ll be certs for the autos!

Minutes on pitch to goals for Pompey?

RE: Ipswich game - mikey393 - 28-12-2022

It will be Bishop & Scarlett to start. Scarlett can terrify their defence with his pace if someone can play the ball over the top for him to run on to.

I’m hoping we have a midfield that can supply both our strikers.

We need Scarlett’s pace but he needs a bit more than that. Bishop needs to produce a bit more too. He really hasn’t been a threat either just lately.

RE: Ipswich game - Kingo - 29-12-2022

He does defend the near post well from corners though.

RE: Ipswich game - Hammie - 29-12-2022

up front, Reekokokoko might be worth run in the side, at least he had a good shot on him and would add some energy to the mix.

RE: Ipswich game - Cunninglinguist - 29-12-2022

I’d be up for trying that, Hammie. With either of our two front men, as an alternative.

I wouldn’t be averse to using Koroma in any other role than on the left. His performances have been far more effective of late and he has at least attacked the goal.

typical, take a few minutes loadiing my payment and miss our first goal for ages!

RE: Ipswich game - Rocketman - 29-12-2022

(29-12-2022, 07:52 PM)Hammie Wrote: typical, take a few minutes loadiing my payment and miss our first goal for ages!It was a good goal too, and good first 6 mins. Next yime load up earlier 

wish I hadn't bothered now

RE: Ipswich game - Rocketman - 29-12-2022

(29-12-2022, 07:59 PM)Hammie Wrote: wish I hadn't bothered now

It's a good game so far!