TrueBlueArmy Forums
Really sad - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Really sad (/showthread.php?tid=2565)

Really sad - Lawrence - 01-01-2023

So sad to see pompey fans hoping that we'd lose today.

Unfortunately, I do think he has to go now, not because of the poor run, but because the players have downed tools and are actively pursuing regime change. They've done it before and it's only because the Eisner's don't give a feck that he's still there. And it's the Eisner's who are at the core of the problem. Where are they? When did they last bother to turn up? What kind of sign does that show of their ambitions to players and fans when they clearly don't give a shit apart from maintaining their fixed assets. Instead we have MK Dons Cullum, a man fixated with beer kiosks and a cracking propaganda machine for the Eisners.

At least Cowley takes the abuse and doesn't hide. He has to have loans for a fecking reason. We only got Bishop because some prat was stupid enough to pay money for Harness. Do people not get the concept that if you cannot afford decent players then you'll end up hoping for the best most of the time.

And all this talk of managers is bollocks too. Yes, we might get an initial boost but when you're mostly scraping the barrel of shit for decent players you can be confident that we'll be back to square one in another 18 months. Every manager will come up with the brick wall that is the Portsmouth FC Transfer Kitty™ - a mystical budget created out of Eisner Jnr's rectum and stuck to the boardroom at FP. I'm not asking to spend billions but show some fecking ambition.

RE: Really sad - Pompeyg100 - 01-01-2023

(01-01-2023, 07:56 PM)Lawrence Wrote: So sad to see pompey fans hoping that we'd lose today.

Unfortunately, I do think he has to go now, not because of the poor run, but because the players have downed tools and are actively pursuing regime change. They've done it before and it's only because the Eisner's don't give a feck that he's still there. And it's the Eisner's who are at the core of the problem. Where are they? When did they last bother to turn up? What kind of sign does that show of their ambitions to players and fans when they clearly don't give a shit apart from maintaining their fixed assets. Instead we have MK Dons Cullum, a man fixated with beer kiosks and a cracking propaganda machine for the Eisners.

At least Cowley takes the abuse and doesn't hide. He has to have loans for a fecking reason. We only got Bishop because some prat was stupid enough to pay money for Harness. Do people not get the concept that if you cannot afford decent players then you'll end up hoping for the best most of the time.

And all this talk of managers is bollocks too. Yes, we might get an initial boost but when you're mostly scraping the barrel of shit for decent players you can be confident that we'll be back to square one in another 18 months. Every manager will come up with the brick wall that is the Portsmouth FC Transfer Kitty™ - a mystical budget created out of Eisner Jnr's rectum and stuck to the boardroom at FP. I'm not asking to spend billions but show some fecking ambition.

I’d agree with your post if any of it was true.

RE: Really sad - Lawrence - 01-01-2023

(01-01-2023, 07:57 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(01-01-2023, 07:56 PM)Lawrence Wrote: So sad to see pompey fans hoping that we'd lose today.

That's a mature and well thought out argument pompeyg100. I particularly like how you produced reasoned arguments to back up your opinion and didn't at all resort to snidey cheap remarks instead.

Keep up the good work. Jackett out blah blah.

RE: Really sad - Northstander - 01-01-2023

Where is the evidence Pompey fans wanted us to lose Lawrence ? Here's one who didn't

RE: Really sad - Pompeyg100 - 01-01-2023

(01-01-2023, 08:13 PM)Lawrence Wrote:
(01-01-2023, 07:57 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:

That's a mature and well thought out argument pompeyg100. I particularly like how you produced reasoned arguments to back up your opinion and didn't at all resort to snidey cheap remarks instead.

Keep up the good work. Jackett out blah blah.

But yours isn’t mature or well thought out and where are your reasoned arguments?

RE: Really sad - Smirnoffexpress - 01-01-2023

With the odd exception of a certain WBA away game I have never wanted Pompey to lose. I want us to win everytime we play, preferably playing free flowing football. That said, in the normal course of events, you take your losses with a shrug of the shoulders and look forward to the next game. What we have now just feels different, the whole set up down there at the moment lacks hope for any improvement. Starting to feel mugged off, if this is the Eisners vision of sustainable football then god help us. If the future is endless Div one or Div two football watching us playing a bunch of loanees and cast offs, then what’s the fucking point of it all.

Totally agree, well said Smirnoff. It's the hope that kills you ..........

RE: Really sad - Cunninglinguist - 01-01-2023

Scummers have been suffering, season after season, watching their team trying to not lose. All that while, they’ve been paying through the nose just to watch mediocrity.

Same shit, different division but elevated prices.

The championship is just a poor man’s PL

Div 1 is a poor man's Championship now

RE: Really sad - Cunninglinguist - 01-01-2023

The whole setup needs the reset button pressed.

Football is a good reflection of the fabric of our modern society.

RE: Really sad - Theyak2 - 01-01-2023

What we have now just feels different, the whole set up down there at the moment lacks hope for any improvement. Starting to feel mugged off,
Unquote

We know it was always a journey but for 12 years now we have been shocking value for money with the exception of a half season under cookie fro January until May when winning league 2.
We have watched one team or another, smaller and better run with players willing to run with purpose and endeavour for their coach and fans

We have had Jack shit in those terms and yes, I feel mugged off by owners, coaches and players to the point we as fans are no better.
I heard 80 MK Don fans sing 'where is your famous atmosphere'. Normally you'd laugh except I could hear them and the only song pompey sang was 'this shit us embarassing' and it wasn't about the ref

Cowley must go,
The eisners must get a proper coach. Chris Wilder for me. At least he will light a rocket under players, has passion for yhe game and he'd utilise us, one of pompey greatest assets.
Cowley is fucking clueless and its hid dross of an idea of football that has killed any fan participation

RE: Really sad - Hammie - 01-01-2023

is it really shocking value for money with a season ticket?
the premier league at double the champ price was appalling value but the current prices are really cheap as chips.