TrueBlueArmy Forums
Swanson - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Swanson (/showthread.php?tid=2597)

Swanson - DeepBlue - 07-01-2023

Outstanding performance today . 

Who was it on here that said he was not fit to wear the shirt earlier in the season ? Wonder if he has changed his mind.

RE: Swanson - dsmg - 07-01-2023

Tired towards the end not surprisingly but had his man in his pocket most of the game.

RE: Swanson - Northstander - 07-01-2023

Wasn't me but I think somebody did. He's done really well, it all makes a mockery of the reason why DC didn't play him when Rafferty was injured

RE: Swanson - Pompeyg100 - 07-01-2023

We need to go up to keep him here.

RE: Swanson - Kingo - 07-01-2023

Excellent performance from a lad that some say can't defend.

RE: Swanson - Hammie - 07-01-2023

The best example of what we are trying to build via younger signings.
Combined with the comments about bidding for St John's playing fields.
Another bit of evidence of building a proper club after all these years.

RE: Swanson - slayer - 07-01-2023

Was a derby for him today and put in a shift. Good on him.

RE: Swanson - DeepBlue - 07-01-2023

It was EssentialMix. 

Him being so wrong doesn't count.

I thought it was someone more intelligent.

RE: Swanson - farq2 - 07-01-2023

Swanson and Morrell outstanding.
Great team effort, massive step up on recent performances.

RE: Swanson - Bedhamptonblue69 - 07-01-2023

Think they all deserve big credit . Swanson and Morell played superbly . Hold their heads up high .

RE: Swanson - TBP - 07-01-2023

(07-01-2023, 02:46 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: It was EssentialMix. 

I must admit, I thought it was Cowley who had a problem with Swanson, not slotting him in as soon as Ferguson was injured.

(07-01-2023, 04:05 PM)TBP Wrote:

I must admit, I thought it was Cowley who had a problem with Swanson, not slotting him in as soon as Ferguson was injured.

I was thinking that too, it was the start of the poor run when Rafferty got injured and he played anyone there but Swanson who then did get injured.

RE: Swanson - Cleaver Greene - 07-01-2023

MOTM today, Morrell a close second.

Can't have that ... Cowley signed him. He clearly rated him or he wouldnt have done that. He just didn't think he was ready when Rafferty got injured, a judgment call not totally proven wrong in his early games when he did OK without setting the world alight. And then , and then when he did look more ready and probably would have played more, he got injured. 

Bringing him through more slowly may well be why he looks so good now.

RE: Swanson - TBP - 07-01-2023

(07-01-2023, 05:50 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:

Can't have that ... Cowley signed him. He clearly rated him or he wouldnt have done that. He just didn't think he was ready when Rafferty got injured, a judgment call not totally proven wrong in his early games when he did OK without setting the world alight. And then , and then when he did look more ready and probably would have played more, he got injured. 

Bringing him through more slowly may well be why he looks so good now.

He needed a game or two to get in the groove, but then so do all players when they haven't been in the first team for a while. In fact I think it was only his first game that wasn't that good. He was ok by the second. Let's see how many games Thompson takes to get back in the groove.

Yes, but it wasn't just a case of not being in the first team for a while was it ? He had never played a first team game anwhere before  so needed breaking in gently not dumped in the deep end because he was the only right back we had. 
Cowley put his development ahead of the short term first team needs - he was that sort of manager.

(07-01-2023, 06:43 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: Yes, but it wasn't just a case of not being in the first team for a while was it ? He had never played a first team game anwhere before  so needed breaking in gently not dumped in the deep end because he was the only right back we had. 
Cowley put his development ahead of the short term first team needs - he was that sort of manager.

We better not get another one like him then.