TrueBlueArmy Forums
Nicolaisen - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nicolaisen (/showthread.php?tid=260)

Nicolaisen - DeepBlue - 24-02-2021

Begining to look like a class player ... amazing what can happen when you give a player time to settle in a new country and new team.

With Raggett's form having a wobble I'd make Jack & Rasmus the first choice pairing at the moment.

RE: Nicolaisen - ForeverPompey - 24-02-2021

(24-02-2021, 11:08 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: Begining to look like a class player ... amazing what can happen when you give a player time to settle in a new country and new team.

With Raggett's form having a wobble I'd make Jack & Rasmus the first choice pairing at the moment.

Certainly he's settling in and is surely a better footballer than Raggett. Would have to agree that Dane + Jack must surely be our best pairing.

RE: Nicolaisen - bluetagagain - 24-02-2021

Just a pity Jackett cant see that. Although it wouldn't take a genius to pick out Nicolaisen from Downing Raggett and Nico. Why Jack isn't in the team (unless its medical etc) smacks of Jacketts first season, ie clueless.

RE: Nicolaisen - DeepBlue - 24-02-2021

(24-02-2021, 11:18 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: Just a pity Jackett cant see that. Although it wouldn't take a genius to pick out Nicolaisen from Downing Raggett and Nico. Why Jack isn't in the team (unless its medical etc) smacks of Jacketts first season,  ie clueless.

Whatmough's absence is worrying, but we know he has been Jackett's first choice all season so there is likely to be a reason. He has suffered from mental health problems as well as physical ones in the past so we can only hope he is OK.

RE: Nicolaisen - Gerry Hatrick - 24-02-2021

(24-02-2021, 01:33 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(24-02-2021, 11:18 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: Just a pity Jackett cant see that. Although it wouldn't take a genius to pick out Nicolaisen from Downing Raggett and Nico. Why Jack isn't in the team (unless its medical etc) smacks of Jacketts first season,  ie clueless.

Whatmough's absence is worrying, but we know he has been Jackett's first choice all season so there is likely to be a reason. He has suffered from mental health problems as well as physical ones in the past so we can only hope he is OK.

The important thing is that he is receiving help from Tony Adams' Sporting Chance Clinic. Here's hoping with a young family and all, he's back to his best soon.

RE: Nicolaisen - Northstandgeorge - 24-02-2021

If he was suffering mental health issues I'm 
pretty sure he wouldnt be in the matchday squads. Its more likely he is paying the price for getting sent off. In his 3 match absence  Bolton and Raggett did okay and we got 7 points. His own form had dipped in previous games paticularly Hull where he had a bit of a mare. Im sure he will get back in the side i would agree he is a much better defensive option than Raggett but Raggett is a bigger threat  from set pieces and has weighed in with a few goals. I think the jury is out on the Dane. Lets see if he can put in consistent performances if not i suspect we will see Jack return  along side Raggett

RE: Nicolaisen - Hammie - 24-02-2021

the fact that Jack is on the bench suggests he is not completely stuffed at the moment.

RE: Nicolaisen - briefcase_wanchor - 24-02-2021

So, is it just me that thinks Nicolaisen gets turned really easily and is sometimes really static in the box whilst play goes on around him?

RE: Nicolaisen - Hammie - 24-02-2021

not convinced either way but he does seem to be improving, calming down a lot and his passing is up there with Jack's too.

RE: Nicolaisen - Cunninglinguist - 25-02-2021

He’s had a couple of good performances but then so did Bolton.

I don’t care who is playing, as long as they play well. I don’t care if Jack doesn’t play another game this season, as long as we go up.

RE: Nicolaisen - slayer - 26-02-2021

My worthless opinion on this: let's not speculate about Jack's private life. He's one of us so let's just leave it that we miss him in the first team because he's a class act and we hope he is back in the mix asap.

RE: Nicolaisen - DeepBlue - 26-02-2021

(26-02-2021, 09:30 AM)scumslayer Wrote: My worthless opinion on this: let's not speculate about Jack's private life. He's one of us so let's just leave it that we miss him in the first team because he's a class act and we hope he is back in the mix asap.

Agreed. 

Some things are private and not for the public domain. 

But equally let's not use them to beat up the manager and create stories of them falling out based on nothing other than him only being picked for the bench.

RE: Nicolaisen - slayer - 04-03-2021

It is rather telling that people have been jumping to conclusions about a bust up with Jackett when there are plenty of more likely and plausible reasons for Jack missing out after his red card.

RE: Nicolaisen - Pedalo_menders - 04-03-2021

Raggett is absolute shyte
Bolton is absolute shyte
Nicolaisen has just had a baby and is still adjusting to the league.
Jack is head and shoulders our best CB.

Therefore I personally thought that it couldn't possibly be footballing reasons that he didnt come straight back into the team. But Kenny does whatever he wants with selection and look how that's panned out. Total disarray at the back.

RE: Nicolaisen - kindofblue - 04-03-2021

Burgess wanted to stay and it was a big mistake not making any efforts to renew his contract. Neither Burgess nor Clarke have been replaced. I know we haven’t seen them in ages but is there honestly anyone in the squad that gets the pulse racing?

RE: Nicolaisen - ForeverPompey - 05-03-2021

(04-03-2021, 03:39 PM)kindofblue Wrote: Burgess wanted to stay and it was a big mistake not making any efforts to renew his contract. Neither Burgess nor Clarke have been replaced. I know we haven’t seen them in ages but is there honestly anyone in the squad that gets the pulse racing?

There are a few... but mostly because they make everyone so angry!! Actually on their day Curtis harness Williams have that ability but the fact that none of them are anywhere near top form tells us plenty about the way players feel about life under KJ.