TrueBlueArmy Forums
Wilder - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Wilder (/showthread.php?tid=2600)

Pages: 1 2

Wilder - DeepBlue - 08-01-2023

Chris Wilder is back to being favourite with Bet Victor today.  

I still think it is unlikely but it must at least be encouraging that he has not dropped completely off of the list like several others who have been discounted. 

As always with PFC it's the hope that kills you.

RE: Wilder - exgaffer - 08-01-2023

(08-01-2023, 10:33 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: Chris Wilder is back to being favourite with Bet Victor today.  

I still think it is unlikely but it must at least be encouraging that he has not dropped completely off of the list like several others who have been discounted. 

You’re right about the hope Deep.

However, if it doesn’t kill you it makes you stronger  Smile 

PUP

RE: Wilder - Pedalo_menders - 08-01-2023

I think with Wilder, at a fundamental level more fans would respect him as we've seen what he can do with teams. Hopefully that would translate into more patience and confidence in the manager on match day.

We can strangle teams when we get the hump.

RE: Wilder - Daniel - 08-01-2023

Wilder would get a promotion winning budget he wouldn’t take the job any other way he would also get trusted to spend it better the the cowleys. A big chunk of our wage budget is on high wage loans at the moment.

RE: Wilder - JamesPLewis - 08-01-2023

This appointment is the most important of the Eisner era. They need an appointment that will get the fans back onside. Chris Wilder would be a statement appointment signalling promotion is the aim. However this is Pompey so could be anyone

RE: Wilder - Pompeyg100 - 08-01-2023

(08-01-2023, 10:33 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: Chris Wilder is back to being favourite with Bet Victor today.  

I cannot see it happening but by Christ I hope it does!

RE: Wilder - mike hunt - 08-01-2023

In an ideal world it would be Dyche, and from the remaining candidates left, Wilder ticks the boxes, sadly I don't think he will get the job, IMHO I think the best candidate left is Lee Bowyer, whenever we've played against his team, they always had energy and scored goals, so that basis He's the one for me

RE: Wilder - Slagger - 08-01-2023

Dyche, expensive surely?

(08-01-2023, 12:47 PM)Slagger Wrote: Dyche, expensive surely?

There’s no chance in hell of him coming to L1

RE: Wilder - Bluebob - 08-01-2023

Sky sports are reporting that Robbie Keene ex Spurs is interested.

RE: Wilder - Hermann's_no_hermit - 08-01-2023

(08-01-2023, 02:24 PM)Bluebob Wrote: Sky sports are reporting that Robbie Keene ex Spurs is interested.
No thanks

I would like to think that after a week Cullen/Hughes have identified their preferred candidate and are talking to them now. However that’s not to say we haven’t been knocked back by some of our choices I am surprised it has not come out who we are leaning towards

RE: Wilder - slayer - 08-01-2023

I think the team did a too job putting themselves in the management shop window yesterday, on the red button.

Playing well against a big Prem Club will have helped.

Sometimes fate plays a hand.

RE: Wilder - Daniel - 08-01-2023

I know you can take betting odd’s with a pinch of salt but wilder has consistently been near favourite since the betting started. Money is getting put on him so some of that will be people In the know

Keane is the sort of appointment I’m expecting.

RE: Wilder - Deebo - 08-01-2023

(08-01-2023, 02:28 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote:
(08-01-2023, 02:24 PM)Bluebob Wrote: Sky sports are reporting that Robbie Keene ex Spurs is interested.
No thanks

I’m not Keane either.

RE: Wilder - exgaffer - 08-01-2023

(08-01-2023, 04:50 PM)Deebo Wrote:
No thanks

I’m not Keane either.

Just Keene’s agent trying to drum up business.

I’d be very surprised if anything came of this.

RE: Wilder - Pedalo_menders - 08-01-2023

(08-01-2023, 05:03 PM)exgaffer Wrote:
(08-01-2023, 04:50 PM)Deebo Wrote:
No thanks

I’m not Keane either.

Just Keene’s agent trying to drum up business.

I’d be very surprised if anything came of this.

Agreed. Sol's got more chance than Keane!

RE: Wilder - Ain’t got a Danny - 08-01-2023

Robbie Keane is now being ‘considered’ for the job according to one click bait “news” outlet.

Considered by who or what is anyone’s guess. Might as well add Liz Truss, Philip Greene and the late Johnny Thunders to the list.

Andrew Moon has shot down the Keane rumours. I have a feeling Moon has a pretty good idea who the new Head coach is going to be but has been asked to keep it quiet which could indicate it’s someone who is currently at a different club

RE: Wilder - Ain’t got a Danny - 08-01-2023

Re Keane, I don’t think the DoF is that kamikaze with his own future.

Given the leaky ship that Pompey was a couple of years back I expect he and Cullen will run a pretty tight ship with only the pair of them knowing what’s happening.

RE: Wilder - 66zoolane - 08-01-2023

Maybe Keane would be one of those debut managers that hit the ground running and become an immediate success.

Hopefully, we'll never know.

(edit) PS - I really think it could be Wilder. He's been out for over 3 months now, we're a big club he could go forward with, and what else is he planning to do for the rest of the season?

RE: Wilder - slayer - 08-01-2023

I just don't see Wilder agreeing to the DOF structure

RE: Wilder - DeepBlue - 08-01-2023

(08-01-2023, 07:26 PM)scumslayer Wrote: I just don't see Wilder agreeing to the DOF structure

I think he might if he had total say over the first team. The finance structure is more likely to be the reason he would walk away from the opportunity.

RE: Wilder - simonfkwit - 08-01-2023

He agreed to it at Middlesbrough....but that didn't exactly work out so might have put him off.