TrueBlueArmy Forums
Manager market has closed then - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Manager market has closed then (/showthread.php?tid=2611)

Manager market has closed then - slayer - 11-01-2023

Should we go to bed Andrew Moon?

RE: Manager market has closed then - Pedalo_menders - 11-01-2023

I'm fully expecting to be fucked off tomorrow.

RE: Manager market has closed then - PlymouthGraham - 11-01-2023

(11-01-2023, 08:29 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: I'm fully expecting to be fucked off tomorrow.

Ive been fucked off since Argyle at home..

RE: Manager market has closed then - Hammie - 11-01-2023

Hopefully they have made a decision and the players can get a bit of direction at least when it is bad it can only get better (we hope)

RE: Manager market has closed then - Kingo - 11-01-2023

Wasn't it bad when we appointed Richie Barker Hammie?

(11-01-2023, 08:58 PM)Kingo Wrote: Wasn't it bad when we appointed Richie Barker Hammie?
I was very lucky that I could not go very often then and iplayer had not been invented.

I have seen us offload decent experienced managers in the past (Ball, Eagle, Harry) and swap them for tedious wannabees such as Fenwick and the like. 
Just hope that  young coach can succeed where pompey normally need an old head

RE: Manager market has closed then - bluetagagain - 11-01-2023

Who ever it is we should start off giving them 100% of our support , at least until the end of the season.

(11-01-2023, 09:10 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: Who ever it is we should start off giving them 100% of our support , at least until the end of the season.

I hope that is a given. That would really help the players too, who for all their faults look like a bunch who mostly try hard, if too often to little effect.

RE: Manager market has closed then - ForeverPompey - 11-01-2023

I am intrigued by the Pompey manager listed on bettingodds called bob Blythe. Appointed in 1904 and lasted until 1970... only won 2 games though....

RE: Manager market has closed then - TheSyrup - 11-01-2023

I bet it’s Liam Manning because he fcuking cheap

RE: Manager market has closed then - Tomsk - 11-01-2023

(11-01-2023, 09:10 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: Who ever it is we should start off giving them 100% of our support , at least until the end of the season.

Absolutely, but that would be a first. I'd say the new man will probably 3 games before he gets it in the neck.

RE: Manager market has closed then - Pedalo_menders - 12-01-2023

This could get very messy. People's patience is razor thin having spent a decade outside the championship. How the owners think that manning will be able to handle the pressure is beyond me. Its going to end in tears.

RE: Manager market has closed then - TBP - 12-01-2023

(11-01-2023, 10:57 PM)Tomsk Wrote:

Absolutely, but that would be a first. I'd say the new man will probably 3 games before he gets it in the neck.

It will depend on whether he is any good or not. It was obvious from the fiirst game that Barker was no good.

RE: Manager market has closed then - bluetagagain - 12-01-2023

So it’s looking more and more like Mannning ( probably confirmed by lunchtime today?). It’s not a signing that excites me but I know nothing about the guy. Hopefully we play as well as last seasons MK Dons at least.
I think someone senior and wiser & experienced like Wilder, frightens the football inexperienced team of Cullen/ Hughes and the Eisners.
Let’s hope they get it right this time or the Eisners can FRO.

RE: Manager market has closed then - Smirnoffexpress - 12-01-2023

(11-01-2023, 08:58 PM)Kingo Wrote: Wasn't it bad when we appointed Richie Barker Hammie?

Now that was an absolute clown, but with this ownership I’m expecting even worse!

RE: Manager market has closed then - slayer - 12-01-2023

Unfortunately I think we know hands down that the worst Pompey manager in history was appointed by the supporters

RE: Manager market has closed then - Smirnoffexpress - 12-01-2023

(12-01-2023, 09:18 AM)scumslayer Wrote: Unfortunately I think we know hands down that the worst Pompey manager in history was appointed by the supporters

His connection with Catlin didn’t hurt him.

RE: Manager market has closed then - bluetagagain - 12-01-2023

The worst Pompey manager in my time is Barker but I don’t think the supporters appointed him. That would’ve been Catlin and the Chairman etc . I was a STH/ share holder and I didn’t get a vote.

RE: Manager market has closed then - Pompeyg100 - 12-01-2023

(12-01-2023, 07:41 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: This could get very messy. People's patience is razor thin having spent a decade outside the championship. How the owners think that manning will be able to handle the pressure is beyond me. Its going to end in tears.

The owners aren’t deciding. The CEO and DoF will make their recommendation to the board and the board will OK it.

RE: Manager market has closed then - Cunninglinguist - 13-01-2023

I really don’t care who it is, as long as they are successful.

We’ll end up slagging them off and calling for them to be sacked anyway, so it really doesn’t matter who they bring in.

Meanwhile, work to the stadium proceeds and we’ll feel the benefit of that for decades to come. The fortune of the team will fluctuate, as it always has.

Life is good.

RE: Manager market has closed then - firqdays - 13-01-2023

Positive spin on that Cunning, sort of " Que sera , sera" - we'll be flying if we get three points on Saturday.

We can - it's all in the mindset - who wants it more?

It hurts to say this but who told City not to turn up at STAINS?

RE: Manager market has closed then - slayer - 13-01-2023

That was a superb result for their relegation. They can't bin Jones now after that can they?

RE: Manager market has closed then - Cunninglinguist - 13-01-2023

(13-01-2023, 02:06 PM)scumslayer Wrote: That was a superb result for their relegation. They can't bin Jones now after that can they?

The positive spin thread.