TrueBlueArmy Forums
Every cloud and all that - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Every cloud and all that (/showthread.php?tid=2627)

Every cloud and all that - suffolkpompey - 14-01-2023

Maybe, just maybe this could be as bad as we get this season, expecting 4 or 5 from Bolton, and then an unbeaten 23 game run.

RE: Every cloud and all that - PompeyDB - 14-01-2023

Remember in the last few seasons our form would drop off a cliff after christmas? Difficult to see how that was possible this season, but it's happening again anyway.

RE: Every cloud and all that - Northstander - 14-01-2023

(14-01-2023, 04:35 PM):Dsuffolkpompey Wrote: Maybe, just maybe this could be as bad as we get this season, expecting 4 or 5 from Bolton, and then an unbeaten 23 game run.

Big Grin

RE: Every cloud and all that - Pedalo_menders - 14-01-2023

It shows the next manager who's up to the task and who isn't.

RE: Every cloud and all that - ForeverPompey - 14-01-2023

I fear we have 16 players not up to the task!!

RE: Every cloud and all that - Ain’t got a Danny - 14-01-2023

The club has been operating in a delusional netherworld for the last few years. You can’t build progress on loans and bullshit.

RE: Every cloud and all that - Pedalo_menders - 14-01-2023

At least none of the bottom 4 won today.

But it does beg the question: Where the fuck are we getting 19 points from? Certainly not getting that many playing like we did today.

RE: Every cloud and all that - Ain’t got a Danny - 14-01-2023

(14-01-2023, 05:04 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: At least none of the bottom 4 won today.

But it does beg the question: Where the fuck are we getting 19 points from? Certainly not getting that many playing like we did today.

Poundland?

RE: Every cloud and all that - Hammie - 14-01-2023

We do have some half decent players.
plus Thompson and Pack to come in, maybe even the myth that is Lowery or even a right back who I've forgotten!

If a new manager has those on Saturday and probably an experienced keeper, things could suddenly look a whole lot better.

RE: Every cloud and all that - Northstander - 14-01-2023

Rafferty Hammie But who will the manager be ?

RE: Every cloud and all that - suffolkpompey - 14-01-2023

(14-01-2023, 06:03 PM)Hammie Wrote: We do have some half decent players.
plus Thompson and Pack to come in, maybe even the myth that is Lowery or even a right back who I've forgotten!

If a new manager has those on Saturday and probably an experienced keeper, things could suddenly look a whole lot better.

Pound to a penny that we haven't even got the new manager in by next Saturday.

RE: Every cloud and all that - Pompeyg100 - 14-01-2023

(14-01-2023, 06:11 PM)suffolkpompey Wrote:
(14-01-2023, 06:03 PM)Hammie Wrote: We do have some half decent players.

Pound to a penny that we haven't even got the new manager in by next Saturday.

We will, I hope.

Solent predicted Tuesday which seems about right to me.
At least we have a midweek clear to let someone sort it out a bit and probably get in a keeper.

RE: Every cloud and all that - Slagger - 14-01-2023

We are the Everton of League 1. Most of those banners displayed around their ground could be copied and used here.

much harder for Everton to compete with clubs owned by murderous oil rich nations