TrueBlueArmy Forums
Exeter - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Exeter (/showthread.php?tid=2648)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Exeter - Sharpe* - 20-01-2023

(20-01-2023, 11:26 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(20-01-2023, 11:00 PM)dsmg Wrote:
(20-01-2023, 09:34 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(20-01-2023, 08:42 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: If we finish top half it will be a fucking miracle.

Exeter will be licking their chops at this game.

The first thing John has said is "give me time". What a cop out. What happened to wanting to make an immediate impact ffs.

He should of said Danny Cowley is a fucking retard, give me time to sort his mess out.

Christ, Pompeyg. You really hate the Cowleys yet defend the Eisners to the hilt.

That’s because he he’s dog shit. The Eisners never should have appointed him after he failed his trial, that is the only errors they’ve made in my opinion.

Relying on loan players and freebees I'd say is another.

The squad is very thin on quality and they've been in charge as its slipped and not properly arrested it.

Waiting a year too long to sack Jackett, another.

Be interesting to see how this appointment goes as its a massive risk.

Could be genius, coud get us relegated.

RE: Exeter - Pompeyg100 - 21-01-2023

Every appointment is a massive gamble. Cowley should not have relied on loan players, be spunked his budget on them, that was his choice.

KJ has us in the playoffs, had DC come in a year earlier, we probably would be in L2 now.

He has a task to build a team and failed miserably.

Cowley is a fraud.

RE: Exeter - dsmg - 21-01-2023

He’s a hero in Lincoln and always will be

RE: Exeter - Northstander - 21-01-2023

But we are not Lincoln.....

RE: Exeter - Smirnoffexpress - 21-01-2023

(21-01-2023, 10:02 AM)Northstander Wrote: But we are not Lincoln.....

No, but are we morphing into Forest Green whatever they are called?  Big Grin

RE: Exeter - Daniel - 21-01-2023

(20-01-2023, 11:35 PM)Sharpe* Wrote:
(20-01-2023, 11:26 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(20-01-2023, 11:00 PM)dsmg Wrote:
(20-01-2023, 09:34 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(20-01-2023, 08:42 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: If we finish top half it will be a fucking miracle.

Exeter will be licking their chops at this game.

The first thing John has said is "give me time". What a cop out. What happened to wanting to make an immediate impact ffs.

He should of said Danny Cowley is a fucking retard, give me time to sort his mess out.

Christ, Pompeyg. You really hate the Cowleys yet defend the Eisners to the hilt.

That’s because he he’s dog shit. The Eisners never should have appointed him after he failed his trial, that is the only errors they’ve made in my opinion.

Relying on loan players and freebees I'd say is another.

The squad is very thin on quality and they've been in charge as its slipped and not properly arrested it.

Waiting a year too long to sack Jackett, another.

Be interesting to see how this appointment goes as its a massive risk.

Could be genius, coud get us relegated.
Regarding relying on loans and frees hasn’t held Plymouth up they spent less on transfers then us and I’d imagine their wage budget will be similar to ours!

RE: Exeter - dsmg - 21-01-2023

What I mean by he’s a hero in Lincoln is that he’s not a fraud. Has had success and a considerable amount before and probably will do again

RE: Exeter - Hammie - 21-01-2023

(21-01-2023, 10:26 AM)dsmg Wrote: What I mean by he’s a hero in Lincoln is that he’s not a fraud. Has had success and a considerable amount before and probably will do again

Probably best suited to starting low down the pyramid and building with cat off players, youngsters and fans who have patience. If he had built the team to get us up from the basement, it might all have been different. 
In some ways a shame that we did not get him into do the youth and community side and someone else to run the first team. Then when they got the sack he steps up with young players that he bought through the system. Not sure old hands respect him enough to go with all the plethora of ideas.