TrueBlueArmy Forums
John Mousinho - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: John Mousinho (/showthread.php?tid=2655)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: John Mousinho - TheSyrup - 19-01-2023

This has got to be a fcuking joke, 
Pompey 66/1 to get relegated 
Fcuking Lump

RE: John Mousinho - slayer - 19-01-2023

This is absolutely fucking mental, so much so I am actually interested in it

RE: John Mousinho - Kingo - 19-01-2023

Sky bet have slashed us to 50/1 for relegation, and it's not even confirmed yet.

RE: John Mousinho - Pompeyg100 - 19-01-2023

Apparently has been mostly in a coaching role these days, has his badges and is in charge of all set piece coaching.

There’s only one way we will find out if he’s a good coach or not.

RE: John Mousinho - TheSyrup - 19-01-2023

Why doesn’t he go and practice on some other fcuking Club, what a fcuking shower the Eisners are showing themselves to be

RE: John Mousinho - Rocketman - 19-01-2023

Anyone else think it was a spelling mistake when they first saw it - Jose Mourinho ??

Yes you're right. It could have been worse.

RE: John Mousinho - Smirnoffexpress - 19-01-2023

(19-01-2023, 04:54 PM)TheSyrup Wrote: Why doesn’t he go and practice on some other fcuking Club, what a fcuking shower the Eisners are showing themselves to be

Best they sell up and fuck off, because if the future holds more of what we’ve already seen, then god help us.

RE: John Mousinho - Gerry Hatrick - 19-01-2023

Audacious and ballsy...........IF it works.
I guess we'll have to wait for the press conference to find out what they saw in him. Coaching badges don't cut it. There are ten-a-penny ex-pros out there with these qualifications. There must be something else about him that we don't know.
Let's wait to hear what the club have to say before getting hysterical.

(19-01-2023, 05:46 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: Audacious and ballsy...........IF it works.
I guess we'll have to wait for the press conference to find out what they saw in him. Coaching badges don't cut it. There are ten-a-penny ex-pros out there with these qualifications. There must be something else about him that we don't know.

The more I think about it, the less horrified I am to be honest.

Foster hasn’t managed a league club and gets given the best young talent in the country to coach a few times a year. Most of the coaching is done by their club managers.

Manning had a good season and then a very bad start.

RE: John Mousinho - Cleaver Greene - 19-01-2023

I am very concerned that no matter who we appoint will only have 12 days to assess the squad that Dc left us with, what the weakneses are and how he is going to change it. Is he going to clear out some players and get some new faces in in those 12 days?
Who knows?
But it will be a monumental task.
One thing he has to change and he has to change it really quickly is the squad's confidence. Clearly that is shot to bits.
Good luck to who ever it is, just remember who brought this current crop in!

(19-01-2023, 06:06 PM)Cleaver Greene Wrote: I am very concerned that no matter who we appoint will only have 12 days to assess the squad that Dc left us with, what the weakneses are and how he is going to change it. Is he going to clear out some players and get some new faces in in those 12 days?
Who knows?
But it will be a monumental task.
One thing he has to change and he has to change it really quickly is the squad's confidence. Clearly that is shot to bits.
Good luck to who ever it is, just remember who brought this current crop in!

Apparently he’s already been enquiring about players and the club have been looking at options for a keeper.

RE: John Mousinho - Yepmop70 - 19-01-2023

Please tell me this a joke !!!!!  Only Pompey can have a billionaire owner and take the cheap option to take us forward. This is the lowest I have felt for many years, this really is unbelievable if true, God help us !!  ?

RE: John Mousinho - Pedalo_menders - 19-01-2023

This is absolutely fucking nuts. And please don't come on and say "but he's the head of the PFA". I wonder if he will even be able to keep that position given the conflict of interest he could encounter. And secondly, he's got less managerial experience than every other candidate mentioned.

You may be able to get away with appointing your mates in non league but it's a different proposition with 18,000 people demanding results.

What a fucking mess.

RE: John Mousinho - Northstander - 19-01-2023

Reading the Oxford forum he's well thought of up there, infact some saw him as a likely successor to Robinson whenever that time comes. It is a monumental task as Cleaver says, but the fans now have got to get behind him and the team. Just as an add on I've looked at the Bv odds at least 3 times a day for the last 2 and a half weeks. The name Mousinho was never mentioned. For those who followed Ba's advice re McCann I'm sorry you lost your dosh. I was convinced over the last 2 days it was going to be Foster lol PUP.

RE: John Mousinho - Daniel - 19-01-2023

(19-01-2023, 06:02 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(19-01-2023, 05:46 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: Audacious and ballsy...........IF it works.

The more I think about it, the less horrified I am to be honest.

Foster hasn’t managed a league club and gets given the best young talent in the country to coach a few times a year. Most of the coaching is done by their club managers.

Manning had a good season and then a very bad start.

I’m the same

RE: John Mousinho - Mark_Hateley_83 - 19-01-2023

I doubt it sell Season Tickets for nxt season.

RE: John Mousinho - 66zoolane - 19-01-2023

(19-01-2023, 04:56 PM)Rocketman Wrote: Anyone else think it was a spelling mistake when they first saw it - Jose Mourinho ??

That's probably who Cullen thinks he's appointed...

(19-01-2023, 06:18 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: This is absolutely fucking nuts. And please don't come on and say "but he's the head of the PFA". I wonder if  he will even be able to keep that position given the conflict of interest he could encounter. And secondly, he's got less managerial experience than every other candidate mentioned.

You may be able to get away with appointing your mates in non league but it's a different proposition with 18,000 people demanding results.

What a fucking mess.

You have to be a player to be in the PFA.

RE: John Mousinho - 66zoolane - 19-01-2023

At least the song will be easy

RE: John Mousinho - Jizbag - 19-01-2023

This bloke has not coached before, other than just taking over as set piece coach. He's not the assistant manager or even 1st team coach. Utterly ridiculous decision. Clearly the board (and owners) are so out of touch with the supporters that it beggars belief.

RE: John Mousinho - exgaffer - 19-01-2023

Look we are all underwhelmed by this appointment but the bloke deserves a chance at least.

There is an outside chance that he might be the real deal but if we throw our toys out and create a toxic atmosphere that won’t help our cause will it?

We should get behind him and the team at least until it becomes obvious that the appointment was the wrong one.

As a Pompey fan I will support the team, and as a fair person I’ll give the new geezer a chance to prove himself.

Demonstrations will just make things worse for the team and make it harder for them to get the points we desperately need.

Calm down and support the team ffs.

PUP

Yes Gaff, well I'll support the bloke on these terms. I don't know you, I don't trust you and I don't believe you've been appointed for the right reasons. But I'm prepared to be convinced otherwise. Good luck.

RE: John Mousinho - farq2 - 19-01-2023

(19-01-2023, 07:57 PM)exgaffer Wrote: Look we are all underwhelmed by this appointment but the bloke deserves a chance at least.

There is an outside chance that he might be the real deal but if we throw our toys out and create a toxic atmosphere that won’t help our cause will it?

We should get behind him and the team at least until it becomes obvious that the appointment was the wrong one.

As a Pompey fan I will support the team, and as a fair person I’ll give the new geezer a chance to prove himself.

Demonstrations will just make things worse for the team and make it harder for them to get the points we desperately need.

Calm down and support the team ffs.

PUP

Give the fella a chance, but i don't see this ending well.

RE: John Mousinho - Smirnoffexpress - 19-01-2023

Got to get behind any new manager, and I hope beyond hope that it works. But at the moment it just seems a part of the same old pattern.