TrueBlueArmy Forums
John Mousinho - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: John Mousinho (/showthread.php?tid=2655)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: John Mousinho - exgaffer - 19-01-2023

(19-01-2023, 08:16 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: Got to get behind any new manager, and I hope beyond hope that it works. But at the moment it just seems a part of the same old pattern.

I agree with you Smirns but I’m hoping that things will work out this time.

I like to be optimistic for a week or two at least  Smile .

RE: John Mousinho - Hammie - 19-01-2023

How many times has he been sacked as a manager, as compared to the rest on the list?
Maybe he'll be great maybe he won't but they all start somewhere.
We can't afford the likes of Eddie Howe but we could have when he started out at little old Bournemouth ten points adrift at the bottom of the league.

RE: John Mousinho - farq2 - 19-01-2023

(19-01-2023, 08:23 PM)Hammie Wrote: How many times has he been sacked as a manager, as compared to the rest on the list?
We can't afford the likes of Eddie Howe but we could have when he started out at little old Bournemouth.

Never been sacked as a manager, but he's not going to be manager, he will be head coach

ok
how often has he been sacked as head coach?
Gotta give him or whoever it is, a fair crack at the job.

RE: John Mousinho - simonfkwit - 19-01-2023

‘He is very thoughtful and considered when you speak to him, there are no cliches and set phrases.'

That's something at least. Rather than churning out the same bullshit buzz phrases every time a microphone's on him.

RE: John Mousinho - 66zoolane - 19-01-2023

(19-01-2023, 08:26 PM)farq2 Wrote:
(19-01-2023, 08:23 PM)Hammie Wrote: How many times has he been sacked as a manager, as compared to the rest on the list?
We can't afford the likes of Eddie Howe but we could have when he started out at little old Bournemouth.

Never been sacked as a manager, but he's not going to be manager, he will be head coach

That's good then - if he does get sacked, he'll be able to maintain his record of never being sacked as a manager having never been a manager.

RE: John Mousinho - Kingo - 19-01-2023

Does he have an iPad?

(19-01-2023, 08:30 PM)66zoolane Wrote:
(19-01-2023, 08:26 PM)farq2 Wrote:

That's good then - if he does get sacked, he'll be able to maintain his record of never being sacked as a manager having never been a manager.

I do think at his age, being head coach is probably better than picking up the entire load of an old fashioned manager type.

RE: John Mousinho - farq2 - 19-01-2023

(19-01-2023, 08:29 PM)Hammie Wrote: ok

No problem giving him a fair crack at the job, but if he turns out to be no good, and at this point nobody can know for sure, we could end up relegated.

RE: John Mousinho - Rick Pumpkin - 19-01-2023

(19-01-2023, 08:32 PM)farq2 Wrote:

No problem giving him a fair crack at the job, but if he turns out to be no good, and at this point nobody can know for sure, we could end up relegated.

Or...he may turn out to be very good and we get ourselves promoted.  I know that'd upset the professional whiners on here but glass half full and all that.

perhaps but very unlikely. 
I do think the senior pros will have more respect for him given his background.

RE: John Mousinho - briefcase_wanchor - 19-01-2023

Disappointed as I am, I don't think he'll be our biggest problem as we proceed. It's Hughes - I don't like the cut of his jib.

RE: John Mousinho - Pompeyg100 - 19-01-2023

(19-01-2023, 08:16 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: Got to get behind any new manager, and I hope beyond hope that it works. But at the moment it just seems a part of the same old pattern.

So who could we have appointed that would guarantee promotion?

We aren’t going up this season, the Chuckle Brothers saw to that.

(19-01-2023, 08:34 PM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote:

Or...he may turn out to be very good and we get ourselves promoted.  I know that'd upset the professional whiners on here but glass half full and all that.

They’d be gutted as their narrative would be destroyed.

RE: John Mousinho - Smirnoffexpress - 19-01-2023

(19-01-2023, 08:55 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:

The chuckle brothers, as you put it, contributed to our ills. Are they solely responsible? Who knows, might they have done a better job with three better quality players that we did not wish to spend the money on?

RE: John Mousinho - bluetagagain - 19-01-2023

I don’t really know how I feel at the moment , surprised, disappointed, mildly shocked, mystified? IMO I think he was the cheapest option who was willing to work with the players and tactics our non league DoF wants. It’s a monumental gamble and I really hope for PFC it pays off.
If it is Moushino then I’ll support him as he’ll be ours but I remain to be convinced.
PUP

(19-01-2023, 09:07 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote:

The chuckle brothers, as you put it, contributed to our ills. Are they solely responsible? Who knows, might they have done a better job with three better quality players that we did not wish to spend the money on?

Better quality players like Walker who took up the wages of 2 players? Griffiths whose loan fee and wages would be far in excess of Bass’. Signing the best defensive striker he’s see in 15 years? Signing Piggot on loan and then not playing him? Yes it’s all his fault, every poor signing. He had the money and he spunked it.

I know know, it’s all the Eisner fault, they choose the players, the tactics, the referees who cost us every defeat, all so they could keep us in L1.

(19-01-2023, 09:27 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(19-01-2023, 09:07 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote:

Better quality players like Walker who took up the wages of 2 players? Griffiths whose loan fee and wages would be far in excess of Bass’. Signing the best defensive striker he’s see in 15 years? Signing Piggot on loan and then not playing him? Yes it’s all his fault, every poor signing. He had the money and he spunked it.

I know know, it’s all the Eisner fault, they choose the players, the tactics, the referees who cost us every defeat, all so they could keep us in L1.

next thing you'll be saying we are Pompey not Man Utd. That we own our ground, training ground and a lot of other land giving us a solid future and that Stains fans won't be able to sing that song about Fratton Park is falling down.

RE: John Mousinho - HotToddy - 20-01-2023

Being optimistic, I like this appointment if confirmed. He has recent first hand experience of playing and (to a lesser extent) coaching against our league one rivals. He has a good bio and has captained promotion winning teams. I'm looking forward to seeing how he and Hughes can improve the first team and revamp the coaching staff. Let's give them a chance.

RE: John Mousinho - teeftwo - 20-01-2023

The new manager will have my full support. Interesting and quite refreshing that we didn't go for the same old faces.

People are talking as if he's an unqualified Sunday pub team right back when clearly that isn't the case. He'll be hungry for success, highly motivated and obviously has good leadership credentials.

Many on here keep telling me football is a simple game, that they want to see attacking football, motivated players giving their all. Who is to say he won't deliver on that.

Panic, protest, bed wet if you want to. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with this team in the next few weeks and months.

RE: John Mousinho - simonfkwit - 20-01-2023

Agreeing compensation with Oxford could still be an issue

RE: John Mousinho - Hammie - 20-01-2023

(20-01-2023, 07:16 AM)simonfkwit Wrote: Agreeing compensation with Oxford could still be an issue
possibly but nearly out of contract and I seem to recall reading that they had agreed with him to let him move on if an opportunity arose.

RE: John Mousinho - Kingo - 20-01-2023

I've never been sacked as a brain surgeon, but I don't suppose you'd want me to operate on you.

RE: John Mousinho - Hammie - 20-01-2023

Well, its official.
Time to get behind him and the team.
With Exeter fans in the ground we could make a great atmosphere tomorrow and they are certainly beatable.

RE: John Mousinho - Rick Pumpkin - 20-01-2023

"I want our team to play on the front foot, with aggressive and attacking football that will win games and entertain the fans."

Here's hoping he's given the players to do that.