TrueBlueArmy Forums
John Mousinho - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: John Mousinho (/showthread.php?tid=2655)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: John Mousinho - slayer - 20-01-2023

Laughing stock

RE: John Mousinho - Rick Pumpkin - 20-01-2023

(20-01-2023, 11:34 AM)scumslayer Wrote: Laughing stock

I think the laughing stock are the supporters who have written off Mousinho before he's properly set foot inside FP just because he's not a big enough name or has the amount of experience they require him to have. Quite sad really.

RE: John Mousinho - BigSmokeBlue - 20-01-2023

We were all laughing at Scum when they appointed Nathan Jones. Now the the tables have turned and them lot are now laughing at us…Karma I think it’s called.

RE: John Mousinho - dsmg - 20-01-2023

Still nothing on Official site

(20-01-2023, 12:47 PM)dsmg Wrote: Still nothing on Official site

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2023/january/pompey-appoint-john-mousinho-as-head-coach/

RE: John Mousinho - Pompeyg100 - 20-01-2023

(20-01-2023, 12:47 PM)dsmg Wrote: Still nothing on Official site

It’s all over the PFC socials mate

I use the PFC iFollow app which I thought was the official one. Nothing on there yet. Last news was Pack winning goal of the month

Ok, it’s updated now. I was just waiting for Blue Army’s confirmation

RE: John Mousinho - slayer - 20-01-2023

(20-01-2023, 12:15 PM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote:

I think the laughing stock are the supporters who have written off Mousinho before he's properly set foot inside FP just because he's not a big enough name or has the amount of experience they require him to have. Quite sad really.

Respect your point of view. I would suggest you're deluded on this point, no offense meant.

(20-01-2023, 01:51 PM)scumslayer Wrote:
(20-01-2023, 12:15 PM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote:

I think the laughing stock are the supporters who have written off Mousinho before he's properly set foot inside FP just because he's not a big enough name or has the amount of experience they require him to have.  Quite sad really.

Respect your point of view. I would suggest you're deluded on this point, no offense meant.

None taken  Wink

RE: John Mousinho - PlymouthGraham - 20-01-2023

(20-01-2023, 10:48 AM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote: "I want our team to play on the front foot, with aggressive and attacking football that will win games and entertain the fans."

Here's hoping he's given the players to do that.

He isn't going to say anything different..Cowley said it..Jackett said it..they all say it..soundbites

RE: John Mousinho - Ain’t got a Danny - 20-01-2023

https://en-gb.facebook.com/SoccerAM/videos/mousinho-talent-show/271386053551202/

New training regime.

RE: John Mousinho - Cunninglinguist - 20-01-2023

I hope his win rate compares to both Cowley and Jackett.

Personally, I just want to see entertaining football.

RE: John Mousinho - D'Alessandro dreaming - 11-04-2024

This is an interesting one to bump. Not in a 'hahaha look at you lot writing him off' sort of way because I was similarly underwhelmed at the time, but as a snapshot of how beaten and downtrodden Pompey fans felt at the time. I remember trudging back from Bolton last year in an utterly foul mood.

RE: John Mousinho - TiHKAL - 11-04-2024

Cheers for this - I hadn’t ended my TBA sabbatical when this thread started, really interesting reading

RE: John Mousinho - Jezzer - 11-04-2024

Yep, plenty of posters put in their place  Shy  
 My own insistence on splashing the cash on Chris Wilder has proven to be equally  moronic.

RE: John Mousinho - Theyak2 - 11-04-2024

I wanted Wilder as well.
Now it's an absolutely incredible deal done by pompey and Oxford and every other side must be gutted.

RE: John Mousinho - BilltheCat - 11-04-2024

exgaffer called it right. Fair play to him!

RE: John Mousinho - D'Alessandro dreaming - 11-04-2024

It was a real roller coaster ride. The bookies favourite seemed to change every few hours. Chris Wilder, Robbie Keane, Leam Richardson, Ian Foster, Grant Mccann and Lee Bradbury of all people were all high on the favourites list at some point. Then we appointed an Oxford United defender.

At the time I wanted Wilder or Foster. Wilder because he was a name that would have excited fans and Foster because I'd heard good things about him. Wilder has done well.at Sheff U in the circumstances but hasn't managed at League One level for a long time. It might have worked but no.guarantees. Foster sounds like a right coont from what my Plymouth mate is saying. Tried to change everything about the playing style and culture at Plymouth when it wasn't broken and the their chairman is saying that he was a very different man in the interview to when he got the job. Maybe Rich Hughes could smell the bullshit a mile away.

RE: John Mousinho - dsmg - 11-04-2024

Egg on a lot of people's faces

RE: John Mousinho - Cunninglinguist - 12-04-2024

(20-01-2023, 04:22 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: I hope his win rate compares to both Cowley and Jackett.

Personally, I just want to see entertaining football.
I feel I got my wish. 

I won’t forget him signing and playing Josh bloody Martin though!

RE: John Mousinho - Daniel - 12-04-2024

(19-01-2023, 04:13 PM)Daniel Wrote:
(19-01-2023, 03:58 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(19-01-2023, 03:45 PM)mike hunt Wrote: Talk about scraping the barrel. I'm Disappointed to say the least.is the best we can get???

We apparently turned down Manning and Foster so they obviously see something in him.

I was very against this but when you take time to digest it

He got his coaching badges whilst coaching Oxford, whilst having to stay match fit and whilst being the head of the PFA. He must be a very focused and driven person to be able to do this.

It also looks like he’s been scouting players that we need (tweet about a LOI player other day same source tweeting today and naming him)

Looking at Oxford tweets they would rather Robison left then him.

McKenna & Schumacher We’re both gambles

I’m glad I took time to digest it looks like a gamble that has paid off!

Hughes found rob Edwards so has found another gem

RE: John Mousinho - tl73 - 12-04-2024

I'm glad we went with "the cheap option".

RE: John Mousinho - slayer - 12-04-2024

Did something absolutely fucking mental and it has paid off. Didn't see it coming, very low chances of success but fuck me here we are

RE: John Mousinho - teeftwo - 12-04-2024

(20-01-2023, 07:14 AM)teeftwo Wrote: The new manager will have my full support. Interesting and quite refreshing that we didn't go for the same old faces.

People are talking as if he's an unqualified Sunday pub team right back when clearly that isn't the case. He'll be hungry for success, highly motivated and obviously has good leadership credentials.

Many on here keep telling me football is a simple game, that they want to see attacking football, motivated players giving their all. Who is to say he won't deliver on that.

Panic, protest, bed wet if you want to. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with this team in the next few weeks and months.

I stand by this  Cool