TrueBlueArmy Forums
Underwhelmed - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Underwhelmed (/showthread.php?tid=2665)

Pages: 1 2

Underwhelmed - Cressers - 20-01-2023

Proof the Eisners haven't got a scooby about British football. I wish they'd sell up to someone who has.

RE: Underwhelmed - Bedhamptonblue69 - 20-01-2023

Think it’s blatantly clear that they don’t ‘get ‘ what football means. I think they think you just want to rock up on a Saturday and sit in a new seat and watch third rate football , have a little sing and go home and so forth . Maybe they think the likes of Accrington - Fleetwood - Morecambe are what we want to see and aspire to . Going nowhere under this regime

RE: Underwhelmed - exterminator - 20-01-2023

I see the " bedwetters" are up early to change their soaking sheets. Big Grin Big Grin

RE: Underwhelmed - Lawrence - 20-01-2023

(20-01-2023, 05:35 AM)Cressers Wrote: Proof the Eisners haven't got a scooby about British football. I wish they'd sell up to someone who has.

Could be worse. Imagine how it feels to have been turned down by pompey? We have literally chosen someone that has never coached a first team. 

And people still seem to solely blame the cowley.

Good luck mourinho!

RE: Underwhelmed - Hammie - 20-01-2023

Good luck to the man, if he is indeed the chosen one.

RE: Underwhelmed - Pompeyg100 - 20-01-2023

(20-01-2023, 05:35 AM)Cressers Wrote: Proof the Eisners haven't got a scooby about British football. I wish they'd sell up to someone who has.

Exactly why they weren’t involved in the recruitment process and left it to the people at the club who have knowledge of British football.

RE: Underwhelmed - Dibdenblue - 20-01-2023

(20-01-2023, 06:22 AM)exterminator Wrote: I see the " bedwetters" are up early to change their soaking sheets. Big Grin Big Grin

But this has been going on for 5 seasons now. Are you honestly satisfied with where the team is?

I was satisfied with the steady team progress under Kenny til that final collapse.
Not so much under the brothers although the start to this season was encouraging.

As to where we are, its where we deserve to be until we do better. That's what I most like about the English football league ladder. Can't say I've found Fratton Park much different which ever league we are in. the jokes are still bad, the food worse and the football variable.
That's why I support Pompey, perhaps some of our fans would be better to pick a Prem team and a bicolour scarf.

RE: Underwhelmed - Kingo - 20-01-2023

.....said the bloke who told us Hughes wasn't involved because it's a board decision.

Hughes and Cullen carried out the process of reviewing applicants, approaching those they wanted to talk to and interviewing the candidates. They made their recommendations to the board and the board signed it off.

Someone from the board may have been involved in the final interviews.

RE: Underwhelmed - Dibdenblue - 20-01-2023

(20-01-2023, 08:26 AM)Hammie Wrote: I was satisfied with the steady team progress under Kenny til that final collapse.
Not so much under the brothers although the start to this season was encouraging.

As to where we are, its where we deserve to be until we do better. That's what I most like about the English football league ladder. Can't say I've found Fratton Park much different which ever league we are in. the jokes are still bad, the food worse and the football variable.
That's why I support Pompey, perhaps some of our fans would be better to pick a Prem team and a bicolour scarf.

It’s not “where we deserve to be” it’s where we have ended up as a result of clueless American owners with a continual lack of team investment or ambition.

Are you honestly saying that the type of football we played in the Premier league was no different to the current tripe.

RE: Underwhelmed - exterminator - 20-01-2023

(20-01-2023, 09:27 AM)Dibdenblue Wrote: It’s not “where we deserve to be” it’s where we have ended up as a result of clueless American owners with a continual lack of team investment or ambition.

Are you honestly saying that the type of football we played in the Premier league was no different to the current tripe.

The "American" owners employ experts in English football  i. e.  Mark Catlin & now Andrew Cullen & Richard Hughes to advise them.

They have invested heavilyin the ground/training ground & club infrastructure to provide solid foundations for progress. They have been consistent in their approach if not throwing millions at the playing side instead providing competitive budgets.

We all know where throwing millions at the playing side got us in the not to distant past-almost extinction. 

So  Dibden from your post you are a premierised coont - suggest you go watch & support those one pot stripeys  just up the road from you - you'd fit in well there

(20-01-2023, 09:23 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: Hughes and Cullen carried out the process of reviewing applicants, approaching those they wanted to talk to and interviewing the candidates. They made their recommendations to the board and the board signed it off.

Someone from the board may have been involved in the final interviews.

After meeting with Andrew Cullen and Richard Hughes…….

Chairman Michael D. Eisner said: “I support the management’s decision and always encourage looking for talent that is ready for the next level. John Mousinho is positioned to succeed.”

RE: Underwhelmed - kindofblue - 20-01-2023

Just saying loike, but couldn't this be a really good appointment? PFC are a Div 3 club and have to be unearthing new talent at all levels to proceed.

(20-01-2023, 11:13 AM)kindofblue Wrote: Just saying loike, but couldn't this be a really good appointment? PFC are a Div 3 club and have to be unearthing new talent at all levels to proceed.

It could be, it might be as terrible as appointing the Chuckle Brothers. We just don’t know!

Still some people know he is shit apparently.

RE: Underwhelmed - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 20-01-2023

I’d rather John Sitton (now a London taxi driver) manage the club. At least he would tell them how it is. Watch this for a halftime rant

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rRCc4pfSld8

the football in the prem was better than for most of this season.
but the wage bill was more than the income (or 98% of turnover if I recall correctly leaving nothing for all the other costs.)
So it was the death knell of the club.
We were lucky to survive and that wage bill led to where we are now.

(20-01-2023, 05:30 PM)Hammie Wrote: the football in the prem was better than for most of this season.
but the wage bill was more than the income (or 98% of turnover if I recall correctly leaving nothing for all the other costs.)

Yet Bournemouth are in the Prem with obviously massive wages and a stadium that holds less than 12,000. Let’s be honest Sasha Gaydamak’s dad’s bank account was frozen by the French government for dealing illegal arms to Africa and then Sasha used the global financial crisis of 2008 as cover for why he could no longer pay the players wages

(20-01-2023, 05:42 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote:
(20-01-2023, 05:30 PM)Hammie Wrote: the football in the prem was better than for most of this season.

Yet Bournemouth are in the Prem with obviously massive wages and a stadium that holds less than 12,000. Let’s be honest Sasha Gaydamak’s dad’s bank account was frozen by the French government for dealing illegal arms to Africa and then Sasha used the global financial crisis of 2008 as cover for why he could no longer pay the players wages

Which leaves Bournemouth as a club at great risk.
Especially as the FA/FL like punishing "smaller clubs" many times over to ensure they do not get above their station again. 
The current owners are only spending money on the club without loading the club with debt, or as so often at many many clubs taking the stadium and then refusing to give it back. All our previous owners  lent then took back  the money that bought in headline players which long term led to receivership. I can't recal if Milan did that, I think it was part of the sale price to Guydamak

(20-01-2023, 05:49 PM)Hammie Wrote:
(20-01-2023, 05:42 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote:

Which leaves Bournemouth as a club at great risk.
Especially as the FA/FL like punishing "smaller clubs" many times over to ensure they do not get above their station again. 
The current owners are only spending money on the club without loading the club with debt, or as so often at many many clubs taking the stadium and then refusing to give it back. All our previous owners  lent then took back  the money that bought in headline players which long term led to receivership. I can't recal if Milan did that, I think it was part of the sale price to Guydamak

If we somehow manage to stay up then I guess their ‘brick by brick’ approach will be somewhat worth it. But only if there is a significant improvement on the pitch and that improvement needs to happen soon with significantly more improvement in the summer window. We are currently in a crisis right now which I’m sure you are aware needs fixing, so of course I’m a bit stressed out right now and you should be somewhat concerned yourself

RE: Underwhelmed - The Realist - 20-01-2023

(20-01-2023, 08:26 AM)Hammie Wrote: I was satisfied with the steady team progress under Kenny til that final collapse.

'satisfied with the steady team progress under Kenny'

Must have missed that when I fell asleep during the games - not sure I have ever been so bored as I was watching Kenny's team.

RE: Underwhelmed - *Sharpe - 20-01-2023

New to the forum.

Hi all.

RE: Underwhelmed - Sharpe* - 20-01-2023

Not sure what to make of the decision. Its a massive gamble isn't it?

We are not far from the relegaton zone and our form is amongst the very worst in the country.

If this goes wrong then we are most likely down.

But you never know he might turn out okay or at least keep us up - surely they've seen something more in him that just a lesser salary?

They can't be that narrow minded and bloody useless can they?!

Its a lot of pressure for a young guy with no managerial experience.

If it does go to pot then Cullen is gone and things will get nasty with the Eisners.

I'm going tomorrow.

God knows what the atmosphere will be like!

I'll get behind the team regardless.

PUP!

(20-01-2023, 07:22 PM)*Sharpe Wrote: New to the forum.

Hi all.

Hello, are you going to tell us how bad the owners are?

RE: Underwhelmed - Cliff Portwood gave me a lift - 20-01-2023

(20-01-2023, 11:16 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(20-01-2023, 11:13 AM)kindofblue Wrote: Just saying loike, but couldn't this be a really good appointment? PFC are a Div 3 club and have to be unearthing new talent at all levels to proceed.

It could be, it might be as terrible as appointing the Chuckle Brothers. We just don’t know!

Still some people know he is shit apparently.

You're right, we don't. And he deserves every chance. But perhaps a smaller club would have been more sensible as a first appointment. Fairer to him, in fact - because if it doesn't go well he's going to find it difficult to get another management position. But perhaps we are no longer a 'big club'?  But I kind of think we are.