TrueBlueArmy Forums
Time to get behind the new manager - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Time to get behind the new manager (/showthread.php?tid=2674)

Pages: 1 2

Time to get behind the new manager - TBP - 20-01-2023

Yes, it's a surprise. Yes, we have our doubts, but he is now Pompey's manager, so time to get behind him.

Some early renditions of John Mousinho's blue and white army, tomorrow, would not go amiss.

RE: Time to get behind the new manager - Theyak2 - 20-01-2023

Yep, let's give the keys to the city yo him as well.
Pompey and our 'great' atmosphere is just an illusion thud season.
Absolutely the worst support I've heard at fratton in 20 years

RE: Time to get behind the new manager - Daniel - 20-01-2023

First time in ages I’ve been looking forward to going to the park tomorrow

Wake me up before you go go, 
who needs Jose when you’ve got Mousinho

RE: Time to get behind the new manager - Slagger - 20-01-2023

Yes agree, time to get behind the team but maybe a bit early for John Mousinho’s Blue & White Army - he’s got to earn it. The Chimes will do splendidly for now. Really hope he doesn’t turn out to be Richie Barker Mk ll.

RE: Time to get behind the new manager - Cunninglinguist - 20-01-2023

One day, he’ll either be sacked or move on to a big club.

Let’s hope it’s the latter.

RE: Time to get behind the new manager - TBP - 20-01-2023

I'm sure Richard Hughes knows a new Eddie Howe when he sees one.

RE: Time to get behind the new manager - Pedalo_menders - 20-01-2023

Welcome to Pompey John.

I don't have the energy for this bollox anymore.

RE: Time to get behind the new manager - firqdays - 20-01-2023

A bit more positivity would welcome in tomorrows game - kill the dead negative durge !

PleeeeeeeeeSE !

And, good luck John .

RE: Time to get behind the new manager - Hammie - 20-01-2023

Oxford fans are sorry to see him go, that will do for me. They know more about him than we do.

RE: Time to get behind the new manager - fredscuttle`s hampton - 20-01-2023

big john is keen to sign some firepower into the club and quick as we need it badly if we are to push for the playoffs.

He knows our old striker Johnny Marquis so expect an offer into bristol rovers shortly.
........could do a job for us.......DC said he was the best striker he had ever worked with!
.....if the price is right?

RE: Time to get behind the new manager - Hammie - 20-01-2023

Marquis for free is a damned better signing than Marquis for a million and more.
Personally I'd like someone with a bit of pace, but both would be acceptable.

RE: Time to get behind the new manager - RavoPFC - 20-01-2023

It is incredible the attitude of some apparent fans. The notion that we should support the manager and the players on the pitch is being met with a feet stamping no by more than a few. I bet the same fans were clamouring for a ticket to the Spurs match the other day as well.

RE: Time to get behind the new manager - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 20-01-2023

(20-01-2023, 06:04 PM)RavoPFC Wrote: It is incredible the attitude of some apparent fans. The notion that we should support the manager and the players on the pitch is being met with a feet stamping no by more than a few. I bet the same fans were clamouring for a ticket to the Spurs match the other day as well.

People are rightfully furious with current events, the new ‘head coach’ his only experience in any coaching role is set piece coach at fucking Oxford. It’s really desperate times at FP. If we get a win or at least a draw against Exeter where we were unlucky then that will do, anything less and this will become toxic

RE: Time to get behind the new manager - Pompeyg100 - 20-01-2023

(20-01-2023, 06:04 PM)RavoPFC Wrote: It is incredible the attitude of some apparent fans. The notion that we should support the manager and the players on the pitch is being met with a feet stamping no by more than a few. I bet the same fans were clamouring for a ticket to the Spurs match the other day as well.

Couldn’t agree more, they don’t like the new coach so they aren’t coming to FP! Lol maybe Hammie can get a couple of tickets next to each other soon.

RE: Time to get behind the new manager - RavoPFC - 20-01-2023

(20-01-2023, 06:15 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote:

People are rightfully furious with current events, the new ‘head coach’ his only experience in any coaching role is set piece coach at fucking Oxford. It’s really desperate times at FP. If we get a win or at least a draw against Exeter where we were unlucky then that will do, anything less and this will become toxic
That's not the point I'm making mate, I'm referring to fans stating that they won't even give the bloke a chance and refusing to support the players. Case in point, we already have a Mousinho out thread on this message board. Twitter is even worse but that's Twitter which is a cesspit at the best of times.

RE: Time to get behind the new manager - Pompeyg100 - 20-01-2023

(20-01-2023, 06:15 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote:

That’s the problem when some fans think the bookies odds is the actual shortlist the club are looking at.

“Wilder said he was interested” - nope he never said that, the article in the news even said he wants a Championship club.

RE: Time to get behind the new manager - stayinupforever - 20-01-2023

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"

Seems appropriate now!

RE: Time to get behind the new manager - Pompey_in_Derby - 20-01-2023

Definitely time to get behind Mousinho!

Apparently Pompey have had 38 permanent managers since 1898. 41 managerial appointments altogether as Frankie Burrows, Alan Ball and Judas all managed us twice.

My first game was in 1971 so by tomorrow, I'll have seen 28 of the 38. At the time they were unveiled, very few have had that 'wow' factor - in fact, I'd say the vast majority have been greeted with a "not sure, let's see how this one gets on" response from us fans!

RE: Time to get behind the new manager - Rocketman - 20-01-2023

Any true supporter will get behind a new manager whoever he is, and now JM for us. The interview this morning with Cullen, JM and RH was fine words, the proof will be the next half dozen or so games for starters, ie do the words match the on-field evidence. The players need to step up too, which ought to be straightforward as they have proved (occasionally) that they can do it. Tomorrow is massive in terms of first impressions and intent.
Couldn't care less about the habitual moaners on here, they are an irrelevance and would do better moving 25 miles west.
PUP.

RE: Time to get behind the new manager - Kingo - 20-01-2023

It's not the next few games I'm worried about. We'll pick up a bit, just because the coach isn't Cowley. Then they'll try as long as they could be shipped out In the window. But after that, when the downward spiral starts, I feel sorry for the bloke.

RE: Time to get behind the new manager - slayer - 20-01-2023

This true supporter shit is so tired.

Good luck to the moosh, he's going to need it with our shower

RE: Time to get behind the new manager - Rocketman - 20-01-2023

(20-01-2023, 10:40 PM)scumslayer Wrote: This true supporter shit is so tired.

Good luck to the moosh, he's going to need it with our shower
It's the same "shower" who proved they could do it when they could be @rsed. Hopefully the new guy will get them permanently @rsed or boot them out.

RE: Time to get behind the new manager - Kingo - 20-01-2023

They were painstakingly assembled by Cowley. And then stabbed him in the back. Not too hopeful.

RE: Time to get behind the new manager - Pompeyg100 - 21-01-2023

(20-01-2023, 11:13 PM)Kingo Wrote: They were painstakingly assembled by Cowley. And then stabbed him in the back. Not too hopeful.

DC lost his arse, the players knew he was a fraud. He did it last season too. He loses his bottle and is too afraid of losing.

RE: Time to get behind the new manager - Hammie - 21-01-2023

They proved that we have a decent first team at the start of the season. We have suffered big time from a few key injuries which is worrying. They need to be given a simple set up to play, square pegs and all that. Hopefully a very recent player can keep it simple and let them play. Whatever, he gets our support.