TrueBlueArmy Forums
Pompey leading - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Pompey leading (/showthread.php?tid=268)

Pages: 1 2

Pompey leading - hilsea12 - 27-02-2021

1-0 Ragget the scorer

RE: Pompey leading - Hammie - 27-02-2021

ignoring all the bad defending, this is actually a very decent game now. Both keepers have made decent stops now.

RE: Pompey leading - blueinbrum3 - 27-02-2021

Try ignoring the latest defending. Now 1-1!

RE: Pompey leading - TheSyrup - 27-02-2021

Usual rubbish, sick to death of these tactics, fcuk off Jacket

RE: Pompey leading - DeepBlue - 27-02-2021

Whatmough for Nicolaisen needed. Rasmus is doing OK but Jack is better in the air and the way GIllingham are winning all the headers in the box that is what we need. 

And I'd bring on Marquis for Harrison, who is having one of those 'unable to influence' games. He is better coming off the bench than starting IMO.

With the post and saves from White & Curtis we should be 4-0 up.

Since the turn of the year Pompey have scored 1 or failed to score in 9 of their 13 games. Today would be a good time to redress that imbalance!

We look wide open to a goal far too much of the time now too

RE: Pompey leading - ForeverPompey - 27-02-2021

From minute 15 onwards what a load of aimless garbage. Whatever the final score Jackett has to go for reducing us to this rubbish. Not a single meaningful attack so far second half. Mnoga is a headless chicken.. dirty player or over enthusiastic?

Marquis 45 fouls conceded, no meaningful touches of the ball.

Have to say gills should have won this. Why weren’t Byers or hiwula given a run?

RE: Pompey leading - TheSyrup - 27-02-2021

Absolutely appalling performance.

RE: Pompey leading - Rocketman - 27-02-2021

Clueless

RE: Pompey leading - Deebo - 27-02-2021

Utter Garbage once more.

Mnoga I can forgive as he did ok in his first ever league game.
We look very far from a promotion side though, too open to counter attacks and just disorganised going forward. and crucially we are getting worse not better.

Make that 10 out of 14 games in the New Year in which Pompey have scored 1 goal or failed to score.

RE: Pompey leading - Isaac Hunt - 27-02-2021

Have to say the secnd half was a bit aimless

(27-02-2021, 04:56 PM)Hammie Wrote: Mnoga I can forgive as he did ok in his first ever league game.
We look very far from a promotion side though, too open to counter attacks and just disorganised going forward. and crucially we are getting worse not better.

That’s the key fact. We are getting worse not better. Play offs best we can hope for and then Naylor can get his annual rest period on the bench.

Naylor might be tired I don't think he has been suspended yet this season (amazingly)

(27-02-2021, 05:05 PM)Hammie Wrote: Naylor might be tired I don't think he has been suspended yet this season (amazingly)

He hasn’t! Actually quite an impressive stat.

(27-02-2021, 04:57 PM)blueinbrum3 Wrote: Make that 10 out of 14 games in the New Year in which Pompey have scored 1 goal or failed to score.

Aimless is the perfect description.  What a missed opportunity. 

The only positive of the day is that Lincoln lost so we are actually a point closer to automatic promotion than we were this morning.  Only a 5 point gap with 16 games to go. Our away form, and record against the top teams, is plenty good enough to close that gap but the home form isn't.  And their form is dipping markedly.

RE: Pompey leading - Pangus - 27-02-2021

You have to say that we were lucky to get a draw out of that, despite their equaliser being a gift from Brown. We now have to go to Doncaster and get a win - they are on a poor run so that may be on the cards.
Although the Curtis/Harrison partnership was useful at Oxford it just didn't gel at all today. Curtis is a winger in essence and Harrison has little or no skill but in fairness to them both there weren't the openings being created.
Harness was disappointing with only one good cross all afternoon which brought the goal. I felt we needed Williams on to give us more pace and inventiveness.

We clearly have a striking problem now which is reflection on Jackett's recruitment - we should have a suitable goal scoring back up to Marquis.

I would have preferred to see Bolton play at right back which is his true position. I don't think Mnoga is ready yet and too raw still.

However the BIG QUESTION is again: WHY DID HVULA NOT GET ANY MINUTES AT ALL? From what little we have seen of him he has pace and is a strong runner. He should have come on for at least 20 mins to bring something new. What is the problem?

(27-02-2021, 05:23 PM)Pangus Wrote: You have to say that we were lucky to get a draw out of that, despite their equaliser being a gift from Brown. We now have to go to Doncaster and get a win - they are on a poor run so that may be on the cards.
Although the Curtis/Harrison partnership was useful at Oxford it just didn't gel at all today. Curtis is a winger in essence and Harrison has little or no skill but in fairness to them both there weren't the openings being created.
Harness was disappointing with only one good cross all afternoon which brought the goal. I felt we needed Williams on to give us more pace and inventiveness.

We clearly have a striking problem now which is reflection on Jackett's recruitment - we should have a suitable goal scoring back up to Marquis.

I would have preferred to see Bolton play at right back which is his true position. I don't think Mnoga is ready yet and too raw still.

However the BIG QUESTION is again: WHY DID HVULA NOT GET ANY MINUTES AT ALL? From what little we have seen of him he has pace and is a strong runner. He should have come on for at least 20 mins to bring something new. What is the problem?

I think Bolton had an injury, but that apart, agreed. Interesting comment from Naylor just now where he was clearly annoyed that Pompey have a policy of sitting on one goal and not pushing on for a second goal. Sounded like he has an issue with management policy.

RE: Pompey leading - Rocketman - 27-02-2021

FP, if that is what Naylor thinks then he needs to grow a pair and do what Dejan did all those years ago, go to the Chairman or CEO and make it clear the players have lost faith and any respect for the manager.

(27-02-2021, 05:39 PM)Rocketman Wrote: FP, if that is what Naylor thinks then he needs to grow a pair and do what Dejan did all those years ago, go to the Chairman or CEO and make it clear the players have lost faith and any respect for the manager.

Stefanovic got pelters from lots of fans for doing that, some never forgave him. 

And this dressing room is nowhere near as anti-the manager as that one was.

RE: Pompey leading - Pedalo_menders - 27-02-2021

What do we expect from the manager who famously goes 5 at the back against 9 men to defend the lead.

It's odd because it looked like at one stage the penny had dropped and Kenny set up his team to win games instead of not losing them. He's reverted back to type.

It's going to be a slog to get to the end of the season but at least we'll have someone fresh coming in. It's almost worth getting in a new management team now as it'll give 3 months planning for next season and they cant do worse than what is currently being dished up.