TrueBlueArmy Forums
Pompey leading - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Pompey leading (/showthread.php?tid=268)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Pompey leading - DeepBlue - 27-02-2021

(27-02-2021, 05:49 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote:  It's almost worth getting in a new management team now as it'll give 3 months planning for next season and they cant do worse than what is currently being dished up.

I'd like to think that any new management team would be good enough to be in a job. Who's likely to be available before the end of the season other than the out of work regulars ? (OK, I'd make an exception for Cook but I can't see him coming back here).

RE: Pompey leading - Rocketman - 27-02-2021

Dejan only got pelters from the bigots who's hatred of Harry after going to Southampton was bigger than their desire to get Harry back to keep us up (which he did). Something is clearly wrong in the club, it's not all the fault of KJ but it seems clear he is clueless on motivation. It also seems clear KJ will go at the end of the season whatever happens, and the way things are at the moment we're not going to get automatic promotion, and we've zero record in the play-offs. Can't see how we can do worse than offer Cook (or someone even like GW) the rest of the season. At least the style of football would improve. BTW, did anyone see The News interview with KJ. It's clear why JW isn't in the team, nothing to do with mental health, KJ rates Raggett and the Dane more highly. Say it all.

RE: Pompey leading - Pedalo_menders - 27-02-2021

(27-02-2021, 06:28 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(27-02-2021, 05:49 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote:  It's almost worth getting in a new management team now as it'll give 3 months planning for next season and they cant do worse than what is currently being dished up.

I'd like to think that any new management team would be good enough to be in a job. Who's likely to be available before the end of the season other than the out of work regulars ? (OK, I'd make an exception for Cook but I can't see him coming back here).

That's most likely true, Deep. Wonder if whoever we have lined up for next season would come in early? Impossible if they're in a job right now. 

I'm just desperate for something to change so I can start getting excited about watching Pompey again.

RE: Pompey leading - 66zoolane - 27-02-2021

Usually I'd definitely say keep the manager until the end of the season, but this is a different kind of season. A quiet empty stadium means a motivational manager shouting and directing from the sidelines has a bigger impact than it usually would (loudest thing by far today was Steve Evans).

Neither are tactics working particularly well now, despite a good squad that looked much better using more attacking formations. So a motivator stepping in now to kick us over the line might be the best chance. It might also mean if we reach the play-offs we don't go out without a fight.