TrueBlueArmy Forums
Last six games - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Last six games (/showthread.php?tid=272)

Last six games - dsmg - 27-02-2021

Of the top 8 it looks like only Petebro want to go up

1. Petebro W 6 D 0 L 0
2. Lincoln W 2 D 3 L 1
3. Hull W 2 D 2 L 2
4. PFC W 2 D 2 L 2
5. Sunland W 3 D 2 L 1
6. Donny W 1 D 1 L 4
7. Accers W 1 D 3 L 2
8. Ipswich W 3 D 2 L 1

Pretty carp all round. Looks like Posh are away and gone but the rest are there for the taking, if only we could get our act together. Oxford or Blackpool might still come with a run. Just a few weeks ago it looked as if Donny would run away with it so anything can happen. PUP (Jackett out, 94 to go).

RE: Last six games - TheSyrup - 27-02-2021

Who could possibly be there for the taking with these useless bottle jobs.
Portsmouth Fc. Good on Paper....5hit on Grass

RE: Last six games - Frattoniser - 27-02-2021

(27-02-2021, 09:19 PM)TheSyrup Wrote: Who could possibly be there for the taking with these useless bottle jobs.

I did mean to start with: This is the 3rd Division, and that is common at this level, anyone can literally beat anyone (except Peterborough, right now). I am genuinely too lazy to look; and I also don't care enough to bother to look; but does anyone know what happened at Doncaster: it looks almost like a terminal change overnight.

RE: Last six games - Trebilcock70 - 28-02-2021

(27-02-2021, 09:58 PM)Frattoniser Wrote:
(27-02-2021, 09:19 PM)TheSyrup Wrote: Who could possibly be there for the taking with these useless bottle jobs.

I did mean to start with: This is the 3rd Division, and that is common at this level, anyone can literally beat anyone (except Peterborough, right now). I am genuinely too lazy to look; and I also don't care enough to bother to look; but does anyone know what happened at Doncaster: it looks almost like a terminal change overnight.

RE: Last six games - Tufnell_Chimes - 28-02-2021

From that table it looks as though only Peterborough have the confidence to survive in the champ. Everyone else is furiously back peddling, trying not to go up.

RE: Last six games - Gerry Hatrick - 28-02-2021

Whoever goes up is going to struggle without huge investment. This year's standard is some way below last year and look at where Wycombe, Rotherham and Coventry are now

RE: Last six games - Hammie - 28-02-2021

we had a run like that, then oxford, now peterbrough

Maybe we can do it again

not hopeful but it might happen

RE: Last six games - ForeverPompey - 28-02-2021

(28-02-2021, 12:10 PM)Hammie Wrote: we had a run like that, then oxford, now peterbrough

Maybe we can do it again

not hopeful but it might happen

Thought I’d watch Palace v Fulham as it might be exciting relegation battle that draws scum closer to bottom 3 but yawwwnnnn. Even more boring than Pompey.

RE: Last six games - Tomsk - 28-02-2021

That table shows that apart from Darren Ferguson all the managers in this division are shit, including Darren Moore and Appleton who some wanted here...

Edit: cba to look but what are Hasselbaink and Cotterill's current records like, maybe we should go for one of them?

RE: Last six games - Isaac Hunt - 28-02-2021

Or Neil Critchley

RE: Last six games - bluetagagain - 28-02-2021

However Darren Moore and Appleton haven’t been fucking it up for 3or4 years or had a budget like ours

RE: Last six games - Pangus - 28-02-2021

This all makes interesting reading. But what is very clear is that, given the total inconsistency of all the teams bar Peterborough, we will surely never have a better chance of automatic promotion, with Peterborough. Probably the best chance of the last three years. That will make the failure to take that chance, as is almost certain, even harder for us all to stomach, but as a consolation see the back of Mr Jackett.

RE: Last six games - ForeverPompey - 01-03-2021

(28-02-2021, 05:55 PM)Pangus Wrote: This all makes interesting reading. But what is very clear is that, given the total inconsistency of all the teams bar Peterborough, we will surely never have a better chance of automatic promotion, with Peterborough. Probably the best chance of the last three years. That will make the failure to take that chance, as is almost certain, even harder for us all to stomach, but as a consolation see the back of Mr Jackett.

Hypothetically.... we fail this season, KJ goes, full house next season and we win league 1 playing decent football. That has to be better than scrambling up this season with no fans to ‘enjoy’ it and plenty of us disillusioned by the whole sage and even resenting KJ winning a promotion. Can someone guarantee that for me please????

RE: Last six games - Frattoniser - 02-03-2021

(01-03-2021, 11:58 AM)ForeverPompey Wrote:
(28-02-2021, 05:55 PM)Pangus Wrote: This all makes interesting reading. But what is very clear is that, given the total inconsistency of all the teams bar Peterborough, we will surely never have a better chance of automatic promotion, with Peterborough. Probably the best chance of the last three years. That will make the failure to take that chance, as is almost certain, even harder for us all to stomach, but as a consolation see the back of Mr Jackett.

Hypothetically.... we fail this season, KJ goes, full house next season and we win league 1 playing decent football. That has to be better than scrambling up this season with no fans to ‘enjoy’ it and plenty of us disillusioned by the whole sage and even resenting KJ winning a promotion. Can someone guarantee that for me please????

So, I'm going to guess Darren Moore found out about 3 weeks ago that he got the Sheffield Wednesday job. It would explain a sudden collapse in form.

And we get to play another team with a brand new manager. How's yer luck? I suppose that can still go one of two ways; but generally I would expect at least a short term bounce for a team with a new manager.