TrueBlueArmy Forums
Pompey at Millwall - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Pompey at Millwall (/showthread.php?tid=2726)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Pompey at Millwall - Theyak2 - 30-01-2023

The Old Den in must've been 89. Locked up in a barb wired open terrace. Mark chamberlain cuts in from the left and curls one into the top right of the Millwall goal.
Cue us going off our rockers and baiting Millwall fans. It got really nasty after the game that finished 1-1

RE: Pompey at Millwall - Cunninglinguist - 30-01-2023

Millwall was my second away game.

A Millwall fan threw a bottle. My mate caught it perfectly (while still running towards him) and returned it with interest. Looked very cool.

RE: Pompey at Millwall - Bedhamptonblue69 - 30-01-2023

(30-01-2023, 11:02 AM)Northstander Wrote:
(30-01-2023, 10:21 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: Remember getting my head kicked in in that park next to the ground when I got trapped in one of those tunnels.
Another time, old bill had us corralled after the game. Someone asked about the result of the Grand National and one of them on a horse said it had been cancelled. Cue, avalanche of abuse from us directed at the lying plod. I think somebody got nicked. Found out later on Sports Report it was true. Can't remember what year. I'm guessing in the '80s sometime.
Many Millwall stories, home and away.

April 4th 1993 Gerry a 1.1 draw, National voided after 2 false starts. It was also postponed in 1997, being run on the Monday but we didnt play Millwall then

Lot of trouble that day in 93. Was in a pub in new cross with lots of millwall trying to get through the doors

RE: Pompey at Millwall - Bedhamptonblue69 - 30-01-2023

(30-01-2023, 06:27 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: The Old Den in must've been 89. Locked up in a barb wired open terrace. Mark chamberlain cuts in from the left and curls one into the top right of the Millwall goal.
Cue us going off our rockers and baiting Millwall fans. It got really nasty after the game that finished 1-1

93 was the chamberlain goal game . Yes lots of agg as I remember

RE: Pompey at Millwall - exterminator - 30-01-2023

That " barbed wire enclosed open terrace" was exactly the same as ten years earlier when I went there for that 82/83 season game.

I also remember that in the late 70's Millwall ground was closed because of crowd trouble. In order to try to make a bob or two John Deacon                (idiot chairman at the time) invited them to play a " home match" at Fratton Park.

The girl that became the  first "Mrs Exterminator" lived in Apsley Road, that runs from Goldsmith Avenue to the Milton End.  It was absolute carnage when that "shower of sh!t" arrived,  p!ssing in doorways, lobbing half full cans if beer at windows etc etc etc.

There is a bit about this here :-

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=FTetDwAAQBAJ&pg=PT89&lpg=PT89&dq=when+was+old+den+closed+and+played+in+pompey&source=bl&ots=ko91tAyPjM&sig=ACfU3U2ecy0o5op0mlxLg0qjjXs4U2WuVg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjR8r-FkfD8AhVKiVwKHUPtAasQ6AF6BAhNEAI#v=onepage&q=when%20was%20old%20den%20closed%20and%20played%20in%20pompey&f=false

IIRC there was a big hoo,haa about it after with loads of compensation claims against PFC.

RE: Pompey at Millwall - Rick Pumpkin - 30-01-2023

(30-01-2023, 07:34 PM)Bedhamptonblue69 Wrote:
(30-01-2023, 06:27 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: The Old Den in must've been 89. Locked up in a barb wired open terrace. Mark chamberlain cuts in from the left and curls one into the top right of the Millwall goal.

93 was the chamberlain goal game . Yes lots of agg as I remember

Remember that well, especially the Chamberlain goal.  Gavin Maguire played for them that day and a former Pompey player (Kerr?) scored their equaliser.  Think Danny Wallace played too.

Before the game we were in a pub at the bottom of the Old Kent Road watching an FA Cup semi when the place got overrun by Millwall.  I don't think they had a clue so many of us were packed in there and the place emptied out like the fire alarm had gone off, only to run into a wall of Police decked out in helmets and shields.  There were running battles all the way up to the ground and then kicked off again afterwards.

I'd left my car at a mate's house opposite what was then the New Den building site.  That was a fun walk listening to the locals chatting about how we'd run away from a handful of their lot, which wasn't the memory I had!

I've got quite a few friends who are Millwall and they still have a lot of time for Pompey.

RE: Pompey at Millwall - exterminator - 31-01-2023

(31-01-2023, 12:33 AM)Santa release Claus Wrote: Although by far the most shocking thing is the revelation that exterm may have had sex with more than one woman

Au contraire Gillesy Old Boy I got married at 25 divorced at 29 & remarried at 33. Before & after my first marriage there were some  rather "interesting relationships" with  couple of dozen girls. 

There wasn't any of this "bi" or "gender neutral" carp in  the 70/80s you were either a normal moosh or a closet "chutney ferret".

RE: Pompey at Millwall - BilltheCat - 31-01-2023

No one cares!

Just accept the joke and stop trying to justify your pathetic life. You are VERY dull.

"you were either straight or" exterminator.

You do care or you wouldn't be replying - now get back to you homework marking " teacher" pfffffff.........

The simple truth is "Bill the Scatt" your sort wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes in those days  - count yourself lucky you live in these "enlightened" times  Big Grin

p.s. I enjoy life to the full both now & in the past - it must be really upsetting for you lefty loser remoaner types to see anyone having fun Big Grin Wink Smile Tongue

(31-01-2023, 01:44 AM)exterminangry Wrote: your sort wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes in those days  - count yourself lucky you live in these "enlightened" times  

Apart from the game in the sixties I went to every match referenced on this thread, and a lot more besides. I was also at the games when Pompey fans did not have an allocation of tickets.

I just don't happen to consider attending fixtures at Cold Blow Lane or South Bermondsey worth wearing as some kind of pathetic badge of honour!

Unlike you.

(31-01-2023, 03:06 PM)BilltheCat Wrote:
(31-01-2023, 01:44 AM)exterminangry Wrote: your sort wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes in those days  - count yourself lucky you live in these "enlightened" times  

Apart from the game in the sixties I went to every match referenced on this thread, and a lot more besides. I was also at the games when Pompey fans did not have an allocation of tickets.

I just don't happen to consider attending fixtures at Cold Blow Lane or South Bermondsey worth wearing as some kind of pathetic badge of honour!

Unlike you.

..............and there was me thinking the title of this thread is "Pompey at Millwall" . 

Oh actually it is, so "Billy Scatty Boy" that is exactly what we are talking about....ffs.  

I must say for someone who purports to be a teacher of some kind, you really come across just plain thick, stupid or retarded.

Now if you want to start another thread " Pompey at  (insert name of club)" I'll happily explain my experiences  there, if I have been there to watch PFC. 

WAFD

RE: Pompey at Millwall - Smirnoffexpress - 31-01-2023

(31-01-2023, 12:32 AM)Santa release Claus Wrote: Nice thread. The Millwall photo in the OP is before my time tbh but how the fuck have we gone from hooliganism, punk, ecstacy, casual sex, weekend violence, raving, joyriding and queer bashing to gender identities, soy lattes, offence tourism and normalising LGBTQQIAA2SP++ mental disorders in barely 3 decades?

The Internet and CCTV have completely fucked this generation, and England is all the poorer for it.

Our political elite knew what they had planned in the future and knew that they couldn’t implement it with an unruly, aggressive and free thinking population. Imagine if Lee Rigbys murder had happened in the same circumstances in the late seventies or early eighties!

RE: Pompey at Millwall - oi oi saveloy - 31-01-2023

Looking at the clobber I’d say early 80’s.
If you look at 100 pics of Pompey back in the 70’s 80’s Ethel will be in 99 of them faf.

RE: Pompey at Millwall - Jezzer - 31-01-2023

Before & after my first marriage there were some  rather "interesting relationships" with  couple of dozen girls. 

Flashing?  Wearing a dirty raincoat while you're on the job? Bog brush foreplay? 

The mind boggles.

(31-01-2023, 05:52 PM)Jezzer Wrote: Before & after my first marriage there were some  rather "interesting relationships" with  couple of dozen girls. 

Flashing?  Wearing a dirty raincoat while you're on the job? Bog brush foreplay? 

The mind boggles.

He was caught having a wank in a convent.

(31-01-2023, 05:21 PM)oi oi saveloy Wrote: Looking at the clobber I’d say early 80’s.
If you look at 100 pics of Pompey back in the 70’s 80’s Ethel will be in 99 of them faf.

Hence my comment, a year later than 80/81 and there would have been a few more labels and bright jumpers  Big Grin

(31-01-2023, 05:52 PM)Jezzer Wrote: Before & after my first marriage there were some  rather "interesting relationships" with  couple of dozen girls. 

The mind boggles.

Talking of someone wearing strange clothing you're a fine one to  talk Jezebel = An impudent, shameless or morally unrestrained woman.

"Jezebel the burger flipper"  are you bi or gender neutral ............ yes the mind really does boggle Big Grin

(31-01-2023, 05:52 PM)Jezzer Wrote: Flashing?  Wearing a dirty raincoat while you're on the job? Bog brush foreplay? 

Is that not normal then?

(31-01-2023, 06:19 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote:
(31-01-2023, 05:21 PM)oi oi saveloy Wrote: Looking at the clobber I’d say early 80’s.

Hence my comment, a year later than 80/81 and there would have been a few more labels and bright jumpers  Big Grin

Loved those days smirnoff some of the best days of my life and contrary to what people think a non stop laugh and jumpers for goalposts

(31-01-2023, 07:46 PM)oi oi saveloy Wrote:
(31-01-2023, 06:19 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote:

Loved those days smirnoff some of the best days of my life and contrary to what people think a non stop laugh and jumpers for goalposts

Some great memories, right place, right time, right people Big Grin

RE: Pompey at Millwall - Jezzer - 31-01-2023

(31-01-2023, 07:42 PM)oi oi saveloy Wrote:
(31-01-2023, 05:52 PM)Jezzer Wrote: Flashing?  Wearing a dirty raincoat while you're on the job? Bog brush foreplay? 

Is that not normal then?

Well since he hasn't denied it, I guess it is.

RE: Pompey at Millwall - Ain’t got a Danny - 31-01-2023

(31-01-2023, 12:33 AM)Santa release Claus Wrote: Although by far the most shocking thing is the revelation that exterm may have had sex with more than one woman

He was in the Met.

(31-01-2023, 07:42 PM)oi oi saveloy Wrote:

Is that not normal then?

Jezebel just described his normal attire  to a tee when he goes "dogging " after his burger flipping shift at Maccy D's. 

He/She/It also likes pink kinky boots, which he hides from his mum when bozo goes hone -poor Jezebel.

RE: Pompey at Millwall - bilbo baggins - 01-02-2023

(30-01-2023, 03:45 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote:
(30-01-2023, 02:32 PM)teeftwo Wrote: My late mate Steve Buxcey is probably in that photo somewhere.

Knew him, not seen him for years, didn’t know that he had passed, when?

Is that Steve Buxcey from Gosport?