TrueBlueArmy Forums
Rest of the season - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Rest of the season (/showthread.php?tid=2760)

Pages: 1 2

Rest of the season - Daniel - 05-02-2023

Was just looking through the fixtures remaining and quite a few very winnable games so how many points do you think we will get from our remaining fixtures

I’m going for 34

RE: Rest of the season - Cunninglinguist - 05-02-2023

I’m ever the optimist. Where does that put us…? I bet we just miss out.

RE: Rest of the season - stayinupforever - 05-02-2023

We'll definitely need 15 wins to reach the play offs from 19 games.

RE: Rest of the season - dsmg - 05-02-2023

Looks impossible but at least Mou’s got the team playing and believing again

RE: Rest of the season - Hammie - 05-02-2023

If they try their best to play entertaining football and get a key player or two back, there is still nearly half the season to go. But we will have to beat some of the teams above us to overtake them.
Still a chance of a run to 6th and the playoffs with an in form team.

RE: Rest of the season - slayer - 05-02-2023

Got a feeling that soft as fuck goal last night ends up being the difference on a late playoff surge

RE: Rest of the season - DeepBlue - 05-02-2023

(05-02-2023, 09:13 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: We'll definitely need 15 wins to reach the play offs from 19 games.

11 wins should be enough with a couple of draws added in.

RE: Rest of the season - Gerry Hatrick - 05-02-2023

Do-able.
The average points tally to achieve 6th place over the last ten years has been 72.4 (the lowest being 59 and the highest being Wycombe's eye-watering 83 last year).
That means we need 35 points from 19 games.
So let's look at the wins:
Accrington x2
Cambridge
Cheltenham
Lincoln
Burton
Port Vale
F. Green
MK Dons
Morecombe

There's your 30 points. Perm another 5 from the other nine games (factor in defeats at Sheffield Thursday, Plymouth, Derby and Oneother United) and we're on 73.
Piece of cake.

Definitely doable. But don't tell the bedwetting already given up brigade that. They are still fighting against relegation

RE: Rest of the season - Jizbag - 05-02-2023

(05-02-2023, 11:38 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: Definitely doable. But don't tell the bedwetting already given up brigade that. They are still fighting against relegation

Is that the bedwetting brigade who wanted Cowley out before Xmas? Oh look what happened!

RE: Rest of the season - Kingo - 05-02-2023

(05-02-2023, 10:34 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: Do-able.
The average points tally to achieve 6th place over the last ten years has been 72.4 (the lowest being 59 and the highest being Wycombe's eye-watering 83 last year).
That means we need 35 points from 19 games.
So let's look at the wins:
Accrington x2
Cambridge
Cheltenham
Lincoln
Burton
Port Vale
F. Green
MK Dons
Morecombe

There's your 30 points. Perm another 5 from the other nine games (factor in defeats at Sheffield Thursday, Plymouth, Derby and Oneother United) and we're on 73.
Piece of cake.
Like the way you've put Accrington down as two wins.

Why not ? We are capable of beating Accrington home and away.

RE: Rest of the season - Daniel - 05-02-2023

(05-02-2023, 01:20 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: Why not ? We are capable of beating Accrington home and away.

I think we take 4 points off of them

RE: Rest of the season - Hammie - 05-02-2023

being pompey, we will lose some of those "easy" games and win at a couple of the top teams.

RE: Rest of the season - mike hunt - 06-02-2023

Hope to be proved wrong but not looking forward to the pasty munchers on sat, they will probably be up for it against us.
if we get a draw think that will be a good result in the scheme of things

RE: Rest of the season - Pedalo_menders - 06-02-2023

(05-02-2023, 11:38 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: Definitely doable. But don't tell the bedwetting already given up brigade that. They are still fighting against relegation

Lol you do realise we haven't actually won those 11-15 games yet?!

RE: Rest of the season - Kingo - 06-02-2023

(05-02-2023, 01:20 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: Why not ? We are capable of beating Accrington home and away.

Can't remember us doing it too often.

RE: Rest of the season - Pedalo_menders - 06-02-2023

(06-02-2023, 04:00 PM)Kingo Wrote:

Can't remember us doing it too often.

Especially when it mattered. Wasnt it thr last game of the season? Bottled it didn't we.

RE: Rest of the season - simonfkwit - 06-02-2023

We're also capable of winning Derby game...and the Wednesday game etc.

We're also capable of losing to Accrington home and away.

RE: Rest of the season - slayer - 06-02-2023

Certainly all to play for. We have known for years that you can go months without a win, then win three in a row and be back in the playoff race.

It's fucking criminal that we haven't gone up yet. It's harder not to?

RE: Rest of the season - Hammie - 09-02-2023

In some ways we have a free ticket to enjoy the ride for the rest of the season, we are outsiders so if we can put a run together and get somewhere close it will be a lot more fun than being top at Christmas and falling away.

RE: Rest of the season - Lawrence - 10-02-2023

(09-02-2023, 08:40 PM)Hammie Wrote: In some ways we have a free ticket to enjoy the ride for the rest of the season, we are outsiders so if we can put a run together and get somewhere close it will be a lot more fun than being top at Christmas and falling away.

It's almost the same ending as last season. Chasing points against a top 8 that just never stopped winning. Keeps us ticking over coming season ticket renewal time I guess.

RE: Rest of the season - Cunninglinguist - 10-02-2023

I’d settle for a promotion chase, most seasons.

Eventually, we’ll go up. It’s highly likely that, at some point, we’ll get relegated too.

I thoroughly enjoyed the last game and I’m hoping I’ll enjoy all the games left this season.

RE: Rest of the season - Hammie - 11-02-2023

I'm not one of the "desperate to get promoted" lot.
We usually go up as Champions when we manage it, rather some time in highly competitive league while just maybe football finances are sorted out than a season or three losing a lot of games and a relegation fight at the end of it, successful or not in a league where the average club loses tens of millions every season.

RE: Rest of the season - Pedalo_menders - 19-02-2023

Only 14 points to make up now. Onwards and upwards