TrueBlueArmy Forums
Jon Harley - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Jon Harley (/showthread.php?tid=2808)

Jon Harley - foxleyblue - 17-02-2023

so, john Harley, it is then.
Last worked at Chelsea's youngsters.
could be a good appointment Wink
https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2023/february/mousinho-harley-appointment-lincoln-test-and-injury-latest/

RE: Jon Harley - Pedalo_menders - 17-02-2023

I am very optimistic for this appointment

RE: Jon Harley - exterminator - 17-02-2023

Apparently JM started on his coaching badges when he was 19 & actually did his UEFA pro licence at the same time as The Cowleys, so JH must have been doing it at the same time as well.

RE: Jon Harley - Hammie - 17-02-2023

I do think links to the club who hoover up most of the South's young talent and then offload almost all of it could be a very good thing indeed.

RE: Jon Harley - TBP - 17-02-2023

I saw Jon Harley's first game for Wimbledon at Crewe, where he scored his only two goals for them. I also saw him score his only goal for Pompey at Stevenage. I'm not sure what to conclude from that. Just an interesting coincidence, I suppose.

RE: Jon Harley - Daniel - 17-02-2023

The club really look like they are trying to line up people
That will develop young players. Hughes has a big job to bring in the talent for them

RE: Jon Harley - Northstander - 17-02-2023

I remember his last game for us, a 5.0 hammering at Swindon. His time here saw just 5 league wins from 23 appearances. After he left in the January we of course were relegated finishing 24th with the 10 points deduction. Thankfully he is rejoining a far different Pompey

RE: Jon Harley - Hammie - 17-02-2023

(17-02-2023, 04:34 PM)Daniel Wrote: The club really look like they are trying to line up people
That will develop young players. Hughes has a big job to bring in the talent for them

he's made a decent start to that particular role

RE: Jon Harley - Daniel - 17-02-2023

(17-02-2023, 05:19 PM)Hammie Wrote:
(17-02-2023, 04:34 PM)Daniel Wrote: The club really look like they are trying to line up people

He has but need about 10 players in in the summer

RE: Jon Harley - Rocketman - 17-02-2023

(17-02-2023, 05:27 PM)Daniel Wrote:
(17-02-2023, 05:19 PM)Hammie Wrote:

He has but need about 10 players in in the summer

It's all about opinions, but I disagree completely.  We have the nucleus of a good squad that should be more than capable of getting us promoted next season assuming not this season. What we do need is much better medical support, playing players in their right positions, and more complete motivation (including kick up the @rse) from the manager. That and better recruitment which we now seem to be getting. Confirmation of a good quality keeper is vital (Macey if we can sign him), a top-quality CB, and at least one/two more up-top once Scarlett & Piggot have returned to their clubs. Beyond that, nothing urgent.

RE: Jon Harley - mikey393 - 17-02-2023

Harley looks like a very good addition with lots of contacts especially at Chelsea.

Hopefully, we can sign or initially loan some of their top youngsters.

To date we've never managed that even though they are just up the A3.

RE: Jon Harley - simonfkwit - 17-02-2023

Went through a few when we had Rix - he signed Wolleaston, Pitt, and Barrett.

RE: Jon Harley - DeepBlue - 18-02-2023

Going back further we had Connor Clifford & Brian Turner from them.  So never once have we acquired anyone any good from them and the reason for that is Chelsea's youth scheme is more about quantity than quality so for every one gem like Tammy Abraham you get twenty duds like Ruben Sammut. 

Hopefully Harley can tell the difference.

RE: Jon Harley - Northstander - 18-02-2023

Well remembered Deep, I had forgotten Clifford yet I was at Carlisle when he scored in a 4.2 defeat, Ashley Harris scored the other. Jon Harley and Adam Webster played that Saturday also, they haven't done too bad for themselves

RE: Jon Harley - Cunninglinguist - 19-02-2023

(18-02-2023, 11:22 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: Going back further we had Connor Clifford & Brian Turner from them.  So never once have we acquired anyone any good from them and the reason for that is Chelsea's youth scheme is more about quantity than quality so for every one gem like Tammy Abraham you get twenty duds like Ruben Sammut. 

Hopefully Harley can tell the difference.

Ruben Sammut, a dud??

How very dare you! He’s about to be made captain, dontcha know.

We shoulda paid a million for him before Sunderland stole him for….errrrr, nothing.

RE: Jon Harley - simonfkwit - 19-02-2023

Ben Sahar?

RE: Jon Harley - Northstander - 19-02-2023

(19-02-2023, 11:16 AM)simonfkwit Wrote: Ben Sahar?

Another I had forgotten. He only got a chance in pre season friendlies, benchwarmed for us 3 times in competitive games but nothing better than that