TrueBlueArmy Forums
Tonight's Match - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Tonight's Match (/showthread.php?tid=281)

Pages: 1 2

Tonight's Match - mikey393 - 02-03-2021

On Talk Sport 2 via the Internet from 6 p.m. PUP.

RE: Tonight's Match - Isaac Hunt - 02-03-2021

Mnoga inexperience shows 0-1

RE: Tonight's Match - ForeverPompey - 02-03-2021

(02-03-2021, 07:14 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: Mnoga inexperience shows 0-1

Yep. Sad

RE: Tonight's Match - TheSyrup - 02-03-2021

I’m very excited about our striking options, simply mesmerising

(02-03-2021, 07:37 PM)TheSyrup Wrote: I’m very excited about our striking options, simply mesmerising

Hard to be sure from radio commentary but it sounds as though we create nothing and the strikers might as well go home for all the use they are. 44 minutes no shots on target.

RE: Tonight's Match - bluetagagain - 02-03-2021

I believe we’re playing 343?

RE: Tonight's Match - Rocketman - 02-03-2021

There's just no urgency from us. What the hell is going on???

(02-03-2021, 07:42 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: I believe we’re playing 343?

Apparently so although I think we might already have abandoned that system.

RE: Tonight's Match - TheSyrup - 02-03-2021

Minoga is further up the pitch than our exciting strikers, Harrison and Curtis are extremely poor .Another £10 wasted.
Really really poor performance so far

It took until the 44th min before I realised that Harrison is even playing. Harness a 7, Harrison a 2, everyone else a 4. Pathetic, and the lack of energy and urgency has to be down to the players disenchantment with Jackett doesn't it?? Help me out here, I just don't understand.

(02-03-2021, 07:48 PM)TheSyrup Wrote: Minoga is further up the pitch than our exciting strikers, Harrison and Curtis are extremely poor .Another £10 wasted.
Really really poor performance so far

Nothing changes game after game. Whatever team, whatever formation, we are poor and dull to watch. Imagining the comments if we lose to Northampton saturday!!

RE: Tonight's Match - Pangus - 02-03-2021

What strikes me is the amount of space that's being given to Doncaster, there's no pressing on the ball by Pompey and very little work rate to regain possession/ Nobody seems to work out where they're supposed to be in the new set-up.
Mnoga is a liability with his naivety and lack of experience, he is clearly not ready yet. Curtis is embarassing so far, falling over the ball etc
All we can hope for is a narrow defeat otherwise it could be embarassing.

RE: Tonight's Match - Pedalo_menders - 02-03-2021

Sleepwalking towards 7th. Doesnt seem to be any organisation or desire from the team.

Donny playing tika taka out of defence are making us look like mugs.
They are toying with us

RE: Tonight's Match - mikey393 - 02-03-2021

O.k. let's Not all throw our toys out of the pram just yet!

Yes, it's a very positive 3-4-3 formation.

Curtis should have scored after 20 seconds narrowly wide then Harrison missed a point blank header from 5 yards in the 44th minute because he wasn't brave enough to stick it away as there was a challenge going in. I should be 1-1 at H.T. Mc in goal made some good saves.

We are getting outnumbered in midfield so need to stiffen that up at H.T.

Marquis for Harrison & Cannon for Harness 2nd half.

RE: Tonight's Match - Dibdenblue - 02-03-2021

After having a tried and tested system away from home we start with what looks like three up front I think although 2 of them are clearly not strikers. Better to keep Marquis and hiwayla on the bench. Then abandon it after 20 minutes. Brilliant just brilliant! How many shots on target? Only one I can remember. Not tested their keeper.

No urgency to win the ball. Like so many teams throughout the league this season we look second best consistently off the pace.

Can’t see us getting anything out of this hope I’m wrong.

(02-03-2021, 08:06 PM)Dibdenblue Wrote: After having a tried and tested system away from home we start with what looks like three up front I think although 2 of them are clearly not strikers. Better to keep Marquis and hiwayla on the bench. Then abandon it after 20 minutes. Brilliant just brilliant! How many shots on target? Only one I can remember. Not tested their keeper.

No urgency to win the ball. Like so many teams throughout the league this season we look second best consistently off the pace.

Can’t see us getting anything out of this hope I’m wrong.

Cannon maybe has brought some energy. White doing some bits and pieces but who can score a goal?? Even our set pieces are a waste now. 0-2 that was pathetic. FFS Eisner sack the idiot tonight. oh good!  brown on for daniels.. that will make all the difference. Don't use Hiwula or byers whatever you do jackett.

RE: Tonight's Match - Pedalo_menders - 02-03-2021

Erm 2-0 now. Can we start moaning again?

WTF was that 0-2

(02-03-2021, 08:31 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: WTF was that 0-2

It's not all bad news... he's brought on a left back to rescue the game.

Now we know for sure that Jackett has totally lost it. We go 2-0 down and he changes LB's. Totally, utterly clueless.

RE: Tonight's Match - Hammie - 02-03-2021

we aren't going up
say we aren't going up!
sing if you wish

(02-03-2021, 08:35 PM)Hammie Wrote: we aren't going up
say we aren't going up!
sing if you wish

Can we break lockdown rules to hurl abuse at him at the training ground? (do they train?)

RE: Tonight's Match - Hammie - 02-03-2021

I'm sure you can go and exercise by walking along Copnor road and hurling more than abuse! Some plastic bags of reminders of the old days of football fannery.

(02-03-2021, 08:47 PM)Hammie Wrote: I'm sure you can go and exercise by walking along Copnor road and hurling more than abuse! Some plastic bags of reminders of the old days of football fannery.

Sounds like a good day out tomorrow!