TrueBlueArmy Forums
Bishop - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Bishop (/showthread.php?tid=2813)

Pages: 1 2

Bishop - stayinupforever - 18-02-2023

Marquis all over again or not?

RE: Bishop - DeepBlue - 18-02-2023

16 goals after 30 games says otherwise. 

The only similarity is the good one that they both generally work their bollocks off for the team.

RE: Bishop - Bedhamptonblue69 - 18-02-2023

Looks laboured and untidy outside the box sometimes and link up play could be a lot better . But 16 goals in a team that don’t create much, I’d say he’s done well .

RE: Bishop - TBP - 18-02-2023

Hardly, Marquis scored today.

RE: Bishop - Cunninglinguist - 18-02-2023

Bishop does very well, considering the lack of service. He must dream of having a decent cross. Trouble is, he doesn’t get enough of them to practice what he’s best at.

RE: Bishop - essentialmix75 - 18-02-2023

Bishop is not a player who likes the long ball into him.. His hold up play is sh*t.

He is at his best attacking the ball in the box.

RE: Bishop - Pedalo_menders - 18-02-2023

Bishop had a bad game today. Doesn't make him as bad as marquis.

RE: Bishop - Theyak2 - 18-02-2023

He can head and has the knack of getting into finishing positions but doesn't score spectacular shots

RE: Bishop - essentialmix75 - 18-02-2023

When Bishop normally gets a good chance, he puts it away.... Marquis needed 5 good chances to score one fluke.

RE: Bishop - Hammie - 18-02-2023

Statistically the best finisher in the division, the problem is the lack of chances created by our midfield/wingers

RE: Bishop - Daniel - 18-02-2023

Just needs to get back in the groove to be fair Id rather he doesn’t smash it for the rest of the season so he is still here next season to kick on

RE: Bishop - slayer - 26-02-2023

That 1-2 with Jacobs yesterday was absolutely out of the top drawer and if De Bruyne did it they would be playing it on SSN on loop.

He also started the Curtis goal.

Didn't score but was a huge presence

RE: Bishop - Lawrence - 26-02-2023

(18-02-2023, 05:19 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: Marquis all over again or not?

14 goals from that mostly shit midfield we've had this season is pretty good I reckon. Imagine us having a winger than can cross a ball accurately. He'd score a hateful with the right service.

RE: Bishop - Hammie - 26-02-2023

Some how get another and he will probably go on a scoring run.

RE: Bishop - Tufnell_Chimes - 26-02-2023

(26-02-2023, 06:53 PM)Lawrence Wrote:
(18-02-2023, 05:19 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: Marquis all over again or not?

14 goals from that mostly shit midfield we've had this season is pretty good I reckon. Imagine us having a winger than can cross a ball accurately. He'd score a hateful with the right service.

Thing is, how many wingers are there, in any league - including the prem - that can cross a ball accurately? 99% either hare off towards the byline and run out of room/lose their head, or try and cut in and immediately lose the ball.

RE: Bishop - Cunninglinguist - 27-02-2023

A large proportion of crosses seem to come from deeper, somewhere level with the eighteen yard line, after the winger has already drawn a defender wide. It’s someone other than the winger who actually puts the ball in.

I’m not actually sure that that is the reality, just my impression. To my mind, it’s been Ogilvie, Hume, Robertson, Swanson, who generally do the business.

RE: Bishop - Sharpe* - 28-02-2023

Very harsh to compare him to Marquis.

Bishop is having a small dip in form.

He'll be back.

RE: Bishop - stayinupforever - 18-03-2023

Hands up! Bishop's NOT another Marquis.

RE: Bishop - Cunninglinguist - 18-03-2023

(18-03-2023, 05:11 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: Hands up! Bishop's NOT another Marquis.

S’ok, no one took you seriously.

RE: Bishop - Daniel - 19-03-2023

Bishops value goes up every game and he’s getting better under Mous.

You got to take it one of 2 ways sometimes it just clicks at a club which it definitely seems too. but a footballer’s career is short and only one bad injury away from it being over so if a big championship club comes in I’d imagine at the right price he goes.

RE: Bishop - DeepBlue - 19-03-2023

Ipswich are apparently 'keeping tabs' on him . 

I'd take Chaplin, Pigott and a couple of million for him.

RE: Bishop - Gerry Hatrick - 19-03-2023

(19-03-2023, 11:43 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: Ipswich are apparently 'keeping tabs' on him . 

Unless they're in the Championship by then, I'm sure the Bish would tell them where to go.
It's all about the player's ambition. Of course we shouldn't stand in his way if he wants to test himself at a higher level and we are suitably compensated, but Ipswich?

RE: Bishop - Daniel - 19-03-2023

(19-03-2023, 01:13 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote:
(19-03-2023, 11:43 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: Ipswich are apparently 'keeping tabs' on him . 

Unless they're in the Championship by then, I'm sure the Bish would tell them where to go.
It's all about the player's ambition. Of course we shouldn't stand in his way if he wants to test himself at a higher level and we are suitably compensated, but Ipswich?

The story was about them wanting him if they got promoted

RE: Bishop - Cunninglinguist - 19-03-2023

I’d take Chaplin but Pigott???

Ok, I’m going to use another tactic.

Please can someone tell me what they feel Pigott adds and how the fuck someone can put a value of half a million (bearing in mind the fee paid for Bishop) on a player who has a one in ten goals to games ratio over the last two seasons. He joined Ipswich on a free and then failed dismally and apart from a recent competent bit part role, has failed at Pompey too.

I really am interested to know what he does, apart from add a bit of height in a two man attack. An attack that leaves Bishop trying to do all the running around instead of doing what he does best.

RE: Bishop - bluetagagain - 19-03-2023

but still better than Scarlett