TrueBlueArmy Forums
Bishop - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Bishop (/showthread.php?tid=2813)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Bishop - Pompeyg100 - 19-03-2023

There is zero chance of getting Chaplin.

RE: Bishop - DeepBlue - 19-03-2023

(19-03-2023, 01:30 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: I’d take Chaplin but Pigott???

Ok, I’m going to use another tactic.

Please can someone tell me what they feel Pigott adds and how the fuck someone can put a value of half a million (bearing in mind the fee paid for Bishop) on a player who has a one in ten goals to games ratio over the last two seasons. He joined Ipswich on a free and then failed dismally and apart from a recent competent bit part role, has failed at Pompey too.

I really am interested to know what he does, apart from add a bit of height in a two man attack. An attack that leaves Bishop trying to do all the running around instead of doing what he does best.

He hasn't done much yet for us admittedly, although his goals per minutes on the pitch return is actually quite good. 

Buying him would be a gamble that he can return to being the very good player we all saw at Wimbledon. That is the player who is worth 500k. And there's absolutely no reason why he can't become that player again givent he opportunity that he has not had since signing for Ipswich. 

I remember Whittingham's commentary of one of our games at Wimbledon when despairing at the bad positioning of Marquis he said we needed a player with the intelligence being shown by Pigott.

RE: Bishop - bluebollox - 19-03-2023

(19-03-2023, 01:44 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(19-03-2023, 01:30 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: I’d take Chaplin but Pigott???

Ok, I’m going to use another tactic.

Please can someone tell me what they feel Pigott adds and how the fuck someone can put a value of half a million (bearing in mind the fee paid for Bishop) on a player who has a one in ten goals to games ratio over the last two seasons. He joined Ipswich on a free and then failed dismally and apart from a recent competent bit part role, has failed at Pompey too.

I really am interested to know what he does, apart from add a bit of height in a two man attack. An attack that leaves Bishop trying to do all the running around instead of doing what he does best.

He hasn't done much yet for us admittedly, although his goals per minutes on the pitch return is actually quite good. 

Buying him would be a gamble that he can return to being the very good player we all saw at Wimbledon. That is the player who is worth 500k. And there's absolutely no reason why he can't become that player again givent he opportunity that he has not had since signing for Ipswich. 

I remember Whittingham's commentary of one of our games at Wimbledon when despairing at the bad positioning of Marquis he said we needed a player with the intelligence being shown by Pigott.

I haven't seen anything in Pigott that says we should sign him tbh. We need an injection of pace all over really, Pigott doesn't meet that criteria.

RE: Bishop - Cunninglinguist - 19-03-2023

Was Pigott ever that good though? Or was he just another one club wonder, like Marquis? He’s hardly been prolific throughout his career, even against lower league opposition. In the Championship???

I have to say that I’ve certainly not seen him do anything that remotely warrants a fee of £500.000. That’s a very high fee for div 1. It’s not even as though he is an up and coming prospect and it’s a bit late to be finding his feet if he hasn’t already. I’d sooner splash that sort of money on another (nearly) 2 Colby Bishops.

(19-03-2023, 01:42 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: There is zero chance of getting Chaplin.

I never said it was likely, but there is always more than zero chance.

It may depend on how much they want Bishop. And also how keen they are to avoid losing Chaplin for nothing the following summer. And they paid less than a million for him. 

And it's not too much of an impossibility that he might want to return to FP at some time in his career.

RE: Bishop - slayer - 19-03-2023

Deep what are the chances of signing Ronaldo?

(19-03-2023, 05:01 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(19-03-2023, 01:42 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: There is zero chance of getting Chaplin.

I never said it was likely, but there is always more than zero chance.

It may depend on how much they want Bishop. And also how keen they are to avoid losing Chaplin for nothing the following summer. And they paid less than a million for him. 

And it's not too much of an impossibility that he might want to return to FP at some time in his career.

You’re right DB, there is a chance and it’s 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%

I never said it was likely FFS, justthat those should be the only terms under which we should lt them have Bishop.

I said you’re right ffs, it is more than zero

RE: Bishop - dsmg - 19-03-2023

It’s that motorist again

RE: Bishop - Hammie - 19-03-2023

I'd be interested to see Pigott's assists/goals per minute on the pitch this season. Hard to score when you ain't playing.
Not particularly for or against him. But I do see a picture in my head of him quietly popping up to head the ball back for others to finish, which is a very good habit to have.
If we can keep Bishop add one pacey type and one who likes setting goals up and chip in with a few, tha twould be a decent front three within a team that only plays one out and out striker really.