TrueBlueArmy Forums
Marquis - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Marquis (/showthread.php?tid=283)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Marquis - mikey393 - 27-03-2021

Sounds like worth contesting then.

RE: Marquis - bluetagagain - 27-03-2021

We need Donny and B’pool to lose a few. I still think we’ll do well to finish 6th.
I’d rather go up next year when we can witness it , however I’ll be equally happy if we’re starting next season in championship

RE: Marquis - bluetagagain - 27-03-2021

On the Marquis front, I still think he’s carp, hopefully we get at least 2 new strikers for next season regardless of the division we’re in

RE: Marquis - Wightblue - 27-03-2021

Watched on iFollow and thought the Marquis tackle was ludicrous, stupid and unnecessary tackle on the half way line, no danger to Pompey at all.

Probably worth an appeal but will probably go the same as Jack’s, you see tackles like Marquis’s end up as Reds and sometimes referee just waves play on, luck of the game.

Be grateful that Raggett didn’t connect with his clumsy tackle not so long after, that would have been a Red for sure.

I thought Pompey player really well with 10 men......and extremely well with 11.

RE: Marquis - Cunninglinguist - 27-03-2021

Shrewsbury fans think it was never a red.

Personally, I thought it was reckless and wasn't surprised. Not much of a protest?

RE: Marquis - dsmg - 27-03-2021

The problem is his first touch is often awful. He then fouls trying to win it back.

RE: Marquis - briefcase_wanchor - 27-03-2021

(27-03-2021, 07:50 PM)dsmg Wrote: The problem is his first touch is often awful. He then fouls trying to win it back.

On this occasion he was actually pulled back himself by another player just before fouling which made him slightly late into the tackle. That tug could arguably have been a foul on him.

RE: Marquis - Pedalo_menders - 27-03-2021

It was a 1 footed challenge with a bent leg. Harsh red imo but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Not going to jump on the players back as things are looking up. Even with 10 men we won at a canter.

Big shame he wont be playing the next 3 games.

RE: Marquis - Jizbag - 28-03-2021

Play with a false 9, like Barca do sometimes ?

RE: Marquis - ForeverPompey - 28-03-2021

I'm pretty sure our number 9 has been false all season!

RE: Marquis - slayer - 28-03-2021

Look where on the pitch he put the challenge in to get sent off. That's where he has been all season. Hasn't got the disclipline or the composure to stay up there, he's dropping in and running around a bit to make it look like he's putting a shift in but we aren't falling for that anymore - we can see he is doing it to excuse himself now

RE: Marquis - Cunninglinguist - 28-03-2021

I reckon the for part of what you say is spot on.

I think he drops back because he is frustrated at not being involved. I understand that but he needs to be disciplined enough to stay up there.

RE: Marquis - Hammie - 28-03-2021

for me, all these appeals should be double or quits. At present the club and player has nothing to lose about appealing even in the most ludicrous of events.

RE: Marquis - The Realist - 28-03-2021

For the benefit of the subbuteo experts on this site who don't bother to watch the match. Marquis was in and around the six yard box for everyone Pompey attempt on goal and because of this he was exactly where he needed to be to score. As for the red card, he was holding the front line and ran back to recover a ball which most strikers would have done and Cowley would expect him to do. His red card was softer than Jack's but lets not let that get in the way of moaning about him. Few of the team have looked good under KJ but Marquis is a proven scorer so it will be good to see if he is truly carp or just another victim of KJ, now we appear to be playing football again.

RE: Marquis - Hammie - 28-03-2021

Few of the team have looked good under KJ but Marquis is a proven scorer so it will be good to see if he is truly carp or just another victim of KJ, now we appear to be playing football again.
much more realistic than many are spouting. He has a good career CV ad will score at this level given the chances, just not 60 a season as some seem to expect.

RE: Marquis - Pompey_in_Derby - 28-03-2021

One of those challenges that 20 or 30 years ago wouldn't have even been a foul yet these days becomes a 50:50 yellow/red. Definitely worth appealing.