TrueBlueArmy Forums
Games this week - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Games this week (/showthread.php?tid=2865)

Games this week - TBP - 05-03-2023

Obviously we will be looking for Plymouth to beat Derby and Peterborough to draw with Shrewsbury. This will mean that a 5-0 win for Pompey at Barnsley will move them up to 7th, just 6 and 7 points behind the teams in 6th and 5th place. Then it will be game on. How little a play-off place can turn on.

RE: Games this week - slayer - 05-03-2023

Yeah you've not been to Barnsley away have you

RE: Games this week - stayinupforever - 05-03-2023

Grim place.

RE: Games this week - firqdays - 05-03-2023

Noel BLAKE always used to score there !

RE: Games this week - Pedalo_menders - 05-03-2023

(05-03-2023, 09:55 AM)TBP Wrote: Obviously we will be looking for Plymouth to beat Derby and Peterborough to draw with Shrewsbury. This will mean that a 5-0 win for Pompey at Barnsley will move them up to 7th, just 6 and 7 points behind the teams in 6th and 5th place. Then it will be game on. How little a play-off place can turn on.

Loving the optimism moosh  Big Grin

RE: Games this week - Hammie - 06-03-2023

(05-03-2023, 02:09 PM)firqdays Wrote: Noel BLAKE always used to score there !

I must have been there but don't recall! Just another grim trip up North even following such a consistent team. I DO remember getting stuffed at Bramall Lane one a regular basis.

RE: Games this week - firqdays - 07-03-2023

Don't even go there Hammie ..... talking about Bramall lane.
I was at the match when we had THREE players sent off - they had two sent off - and our remaining seven just defended the penalty area. I recall we lost 1-0.

As far as Barnsley goes you will recall an open terrace and a strange glass fronted structure in the corner for disabled supporters - back in the 80's, but we did always seem to do well in those days, and big Noel Blake regularly scoring.

RE: Games this week - BilltheCat - 07-03-2023

The Blunts only had one sent off (Peter Beagrie). We lost to a Paul Mariner own goal. It was in 1986 and Kelvin Morton was the referee.

RE: Games this week - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 07-03-2023

Noel Blake may as well be a century ago. Why even bother mentioning his name when I was a small child when he was playing? I’m sick of the old cunts reminiscing on old players from fucking years ago. Get with the program and that program is right now you old bastards

RE: Games this week - dsmg - 07-03-2023

You'll be old one day

RE: Games this week - pushbike_pete_PFC - 07-03-2023

(07-03-2023, 10:42 AM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote:

Noel Blake may as well be a century ago. Why even bother mentioning his name when I was a small child when he was playing? I’m sick of the old cunts reminiscing on old players from fucking years ago. Get with the program and that program is right now you old bastards

Oi! I'm not an old c@nt, you c@nt! Loved watching Noel Blake play.. big solid fecker, great defender who also use to thump a few headed goals. Met him once in the 400 Club (you won't remember that, nipper) with Knighty.... unfortunately I was too pissed to strike up a conversation.. but they probably were pissed up too. Happy days!

RE: Games this week - bluebollox - 07-03-2023

(07-03-2023, 10:29 AM)BilltheCat Wrote: The Blunts only had one sent off (Peter Beagrie). We lost to a Paul Mariner own goal. It was in 1986 and Kelvin Morton was the referee.

Was that the game when the Blades manager asked the Ref if there was a minimum amount of players a team had to have? Think he (Warnock maybe) was concerned if we lost one more the game would be abandoned?

RE: Games this week - simonfkwit - 07-03-2023

I think you're thinking of this one involving Warnock 16 years later

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Bramall_Lane?wprov=sfla1

RE: Games this week - dsmg - 07-03-2023

We deffo had three men sent off against them, as that was when I learnt that the ref will abandon the match if a team goes down to 7. Not sure if that still stands.

RE: Games this week - Cunninglinguist - 07-03-2023

(07-03-2023, 10:42 AM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote:

Chuckle. At least these old cunts remember who crossed a ball in the last game!  Smile

RE: Games this week - Rick Pumpkin - 07-03-2023

(05-03-2023, 02:09 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: Noel Blake may as well be a century ago. Why even bother mentioning his name when I was a small child when he was playing? I’m sick of the old cunts reminiscing on old players from fucking years ago. Get with the program and that program is right now you old bastards

LOL. You've posted about the 2008 cup final and the Milan game in the past so shouldn't the same apply?

As you're such a sensitive little flower maybe you should ask admin to set you up a new forum for current Pompey chat, then you can fuck off over there on your own.  Just saying.

RE: Games this week - BilltheCat - 07-03-2023

(07-03-2023, 02:19 PM)dsmg Wrote: We deffo had three men sent off against them, as that was when I learnt that the ref will abandon the match if a team goes down to 7. Not sure if that still stands.

Gilbert, Tait  and Dillon.

RE: Games this week - TBP - 07-03-2023

(05-03-2023, 10:16 AM)scumslayer Wrote: Yeah you've not been to Barnsley away have you

I have, but can't really remember it, apart from the fact that the ground was very close to the station. I vaguely recollect a 2-0 defeat. If Martin Kuhl was ever sent off up there, it was that game.

RE: Games this week - Hermann's_no_hermit - 07-03-2023

(07-03-2023, 04:34 PM)BilltheCat Wrote:
(07-03-2023, 02:19 PM)dsmg Wrote: We deffo had three men sent off against them, as that was when I learnt that the ref will abandon the match if a team goes down to 7. Not sure if that still stands.

Gilbert, Tait  and Dillon.

Well there was an unlikely trio! Wouldn't like to think how many times those 3 got sent off between them. Gilbert probably not as many as the other two.