TrueBlueArmy Forums
This team are shite: Neil Allen - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: This team are shite: Neil Allen (/showthread.php?tid=287)

This team are shite: Neil Allen - Gerry Hatrick - 03-03-2021

Or the closest he can come to saying it like it is: 
"If talking is to be done on the pitch, it was largely verbal diarrhea..."

RE: This team are shite: Neil Allen - exgaffer - 03-03-2021

(03-03-2021, 07:14 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: Or the closest he can come to saying it like it is: 
"If talking is to be done on the pitch, it was largely verbal diarrhea..."

I don’t think we need Neil Allen to tell us that.

The team isn’t sheite but the team selection, tactics and man management most definitely are.

Until the management is changed, our displays will remain erratic at best.

We’ve known that for ages.

RE: This team are shite: Neil Allen - ForeverPompey - 03-03-2021

I believe he said after the game that 'it was a good way to lose'. WTF does that mean??

RE: This team are shite: Neil Allen - Rick Pumpkin - 03-03-2021

(03-03-2021, 09:05 AM)ForeverPompey Wrote: I believe he said after the game that 'it was a good way to lose'. WTF does that mean??

It means the old boy's senile.

RE: This team are shite: Neil Allen - Hammie - 03-03-2021

I though Gallen's comments were simply him being naive and then Kenny adds another load of V.D.

RE: This team are shite: Neil Allen - Rocketman - 03-03-2021

Ex-G spot on as usual. Jackett has clearly lost his way, lost the support of the fans, and looks like he's lost the trust of the players. Given that KJ's et al's contract is almost up, why not just put them on gardening leave which won't cost anything extra, bring in someone like Guy W for the remainder of the season (shouldn't cost much), at least that would instil some passion and energy into the team (totally lacking yesterday)

RE: This team are shite: Neil Allen - Smirnoffexpress - 03-03-2021

It’s time for Jackett to go. In fact it’s long overdue. Rather than just hire a manager by name. How about breaking the mould and, for once, decide what your football philosophy should be and then set up the club to deliver this and bring in someone that fits that philosophy. Someone young, hungry and ambitious to grow with the club.

RE: This team are shite: Neil Allen - slayer - 03-03-2021

I'm liking this new "fuck it" approach that Allen is taking.

RE: This team are shite: Neil Allen - BigSmokeBlue - 03-03-2021

(03-03-2021, 04:42 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: It’s time for Jackett to go. In fact it’s long overdue. Rather than just hire a manager by name. How about breaking the mould and, for once, decide what your football philosophy should be and then set up the club to deliver this and bring in someone that fits that philosophy. Someone young, hungry and ambitious to grow with the club.

The football philosophy approach is exactly what I’ve been banging on about for years. This starts with the first team and rolls down through the development squad and youth etc. This is the type of interview question I would expect the board to ask when appointing the next manager. On present evidence and recent history, it would be safe to say this question has never been asked.

RE: This team are shite: Neil Allen - Hammie - 03-03-2021

Trouble is that pompey have a very bad record under young managers. It is always going to be a gamble with a young type.
Trying to find one in say his third post who is out of a job but successful is very tricky. or very expensive to buy him out.

RE: This team are shite: Neil Allen - slayer - 04-03-2021

Appleton is probably the exception which proves the rule. I'd have him back tomorrow.

RE: This team are shite: Neil Allen - BigSmokeBlue - 04-03-2021

(04-03-2021, 12:54 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Appleton is probably the exception which proves the rule. I'd have him back tomorrow.

What about Neil Harris? He did well when manager at both Millwall and Cardiff.

RE: This team are shite: Neil Allen - DeepBlue - 04-03-2021

(04-03-2021, 02:30 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote:
(04-03-2021, 12:54 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Appleton is probably the exception which proves the rule. I'd have him back tomorrow.

Harris doesn't exactly score much higher in the charisma stakes than Kenny, not that i regard that as a necessary quality but it seems to matter to the general fanbase.

If we wanted an up and coming young manager with no previous connections to the club I'd go for Ryan Lowe, He's a mate of Guy Whittingham so would be able to find out what he needs to know.

RE: This team are shite: Neil Allen - Rick Pumpkin - 04-03-2021

(04-03-2021, 02:30 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote:

A mate of mine is a Millwall supporter and says the feeling there is that Harris is a Conference/L2 manager at best, and Cardiff don't speak too highly of him either.  Funny thing is that he's always had a good eye for a player, but can't get the best out of them.  McCarthy said when he went into Cardiff it was the best squad he'd ever taken over and they are flying now - likewise Rowett at Millwall got a stuttering squad playing good football when he walked in behind Harris.

Coincidentally, when Harris took Millwall up from L1 via the play-offs he got similar criticism similar to Jackett. Difference being that Harris didn't come up with weird and wonderful team selections (and he won...).

RE: This team are shite: Neil Allen - Trebilcock70 - 04-03-2021

I agree with the fella that says go for Ryan Lowe. Plays football the right way, has won 2 promotions with 2 different clubs - although both div 4 - and needs to prove hes got the bollocks to manage a club with a big budget. Plus he knows Carlin well from his time at Bury

RE: This team are shite: Neil Allen - Trebilcock70 - 04-03-2021

*Catlin

RE: This team are shite: Neil Allen - Deebo - 04-03-2021

Carlin. Wonder what happened to him. I remember his trip to Doncaster via Manchester for a night match a few years back. Now that was funny. Happy days.