TrueBlueArmy Forums
Shefield wednsday? - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Shefield wednsday? (/showthread.php?tid=2874)

Pages: 1 2

Shefield wednsday? - foxleyblue - 10-03-2023

So far we've played better against good teams.
Can we pull it out of the bag tomorrow?
pity there's not a fingers crossed emoji  Smile

RE: Shefield wednsday? - bluetagagain - 10-03-2023

Barnsley - we didn't play very well at all.

RE: Shefield wednsday? - dsmg - 10-03-2023

Nor against Petebro, Plymouth, Ipswich, Bolton a couple of times, Wycombe…In fact our record against the top eight is awful, only beating Bolton and Petebro at home. Just checked. 11 points out of 39

RE: Shefield wednsday? - mike hunt - 10-03-2023

We're doomed I say, Doomed.

RE: Shefield wednsday? - teeftwo - 10-03-2023

One saving grace is that we have a manager who seems good at instilling confidence in the players after a loss. Fingers crossed for a decent showing.

RE: Shefield wednsday? - foxleyblue - 10-03-2023

Point taken. Big Grin

RE: Shefield wednsday? - Northstander - 10-03-2023

They've only lost 3 league games all season and are on a run of 21 unbeaten league games. Ben Toner is the appointed Referee, last time he was here he let us play on in the puddles to beat Sunderland 4.0. If Pompey give it a go I'm sure a win is achievable. PUP

RE: Shefield wednsday? - TBP - 10-03-2023

If he plays Scarlett and Dale again, not a chance. 4-0 to Wednesday.

RE: Shefield wednsday? - Pompeyg100 - 10-03-2023

Scarlett won’t play. I’d seriously question JM if he does, it wouldn’t be fair on Scarlett either.

Pompey 3-2 win

RE: Shefield wednsday? - Pedalo_menders - 10-03-2023

Our home form is pretty good. Did Wed's play midweek too? I think we can scrape a draw. I'll go for 2-2

RE: Shefield wednsday? - Northstander - 10-03-2023

(10-03-2023, 03:18 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: Our home form is pretty good. Did Wed's play midweek too? I think we can scrape a draw. I'll go for 2-2

No they didn't play midweek Pedalo

RE: Shefield wednsday? - DeepBlue - 10-03-2023

(10-03-2023, 02:22 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: Scarlett won’t play. I’d seriously question JM if he does, it wouldn’t be fair on Scarlett either.

Pompey 3-2 win

With Curtis injured I would not be surprised if Scarlett plays in a home game. Mous likes to attack and having an extra striker on the pitch would fit that.  Admittedly he was poor again at Barnsley, along with everyone else, but our best two chances in the first half came to Scarlett taking up a central position when Bishop was out wider. He missed them both, but getting him into those positions looked like a deliberate tactic, so I would not be surprised to see them tried again..

RE: Shefield wednsday? - Sharpe* - 10-03-2023

Massive game this is!

Not because of league positioning but as we're both big clubs with sizeable fanbases.

Atmosphere is going to be rocking and I've got my ticket!

PUP!

RE: Shefield wednsday? - briefcase_wanchor - 10-03-2023

(10-03-2023, 03:40 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(10-03-2023, 02:22 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: Scarlett won’t play. I’d seriously question JM if he does, it wouldn’t be fair on Scarlett either.

Pompey 3-2 win

With Curtis injured I would not be surprised if Scarlett plays in a home game. Mous likes to attack and having an extra striker on the pitch would fit that.  Admittedly he was poor again at Barnsley, along with everyone else, but our best two chances in the first half came to Scarlett taking up a central position when Bishop was out wider. He missed them both, but getting him into those positions looked like a deliberate tactic, so I would not be surprised to see them tried again..

When Scarlett has played that position we get dominated in midfield as we have no real outlet on the LHS.  I fear carnage if he tries that again.  I'd, reluctantly, stick Jacobs there - not ideal but the most capable sticking plaster we have. Hopefully home form can get us a point.

RE: Shefield wednsday? - Pompeyg100 - 10-03-2023

If Scarlett plays and has a stinker I don’t see it ending well for him. Best left out of the side for everyone’s sake

RE: Shefield wednsday? - simonfkwit - 10-03-2023

Typical Pompey to win this one.
Get Prosinecki on the pitch pre match to get the fans up for it as well.

RE: Shefield wednsday? - Daniel - 10-03-2023

(10-03-2023, 04:01 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote:

Pompey 3-2 win

When Scarlett has played that position we get dominated in midfield as we have no real outlet on the LHS.  I fear carnage if he tries that again.  I'd, reluctantly, stick Jacobs there - not ideal but the most capable sticking plaster we have. Hopefully home form can get us a point.
I’d rather stick Hume on the left in theory that should bring the best out of Ogilve with overlapping runs and he can at least put in a good cross.

RE: Shefield wednsday? - foxleyblue - 10-03-2023

(10-03-2023, 04:31 PM)simonfkwit Wrote: Typical Pompey to win this one.
Get Prosinecki on the pitch pre match to get the fans up for it as well.

Sign him up as a forward coach.  Tongue

RE: Shefield wednsday? - simonfkwit - 10-03-2023

Am sure that will be asked in the evening once or twice!

RE: Shefield wednsday? - bluetagagain - 10-03-2023

I think he'll play Jacobs on the left and Lowery in the 10 role as he'll want to play Tunni & Morrell>
I think 4231

macey
rafferty, Raggett,Towler,Ogilvie
Morrell, tunni
Dale,Lowery Jacobs
Bish

RE: Shefield wednsday? - DeepBlue - 10-03-2023

Pompey 3-2 win

Jacobs has played most of his career in that position , so hardly sticking plaster. Admittedly he is better now in a more central role, but it is hardly a sqaure peg in a round hole.

RE: Shefield wednsday? - briefcase_wanchor - 10-03-2023

(10-03-2023, 07:49 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:

Pompey 3-2 win

Jacobs has played most of his career in that position , so hardly sticking plaster. Admittedly he is better now in a more central role, but it is hardly a sqaure peg in a round hole.

"hardly a sqaure peg in a round hole"   Never said it was; but he has not performed so well on the left when given the chance in recent games and Curtis would be most supporters preferred choice there if fit, hence a sticking plaster.

RE: Shefield wednsday? - Smirnoffexpress - 11-03-2023

Game of the season for me, Pompey 3-1 win.

RE: Shefield wednsday? - Gerry Hatrick - 11-03-2023

Hackett for Scarlett. Worth a try.
My confidence in Mous as "the answer" will diminsh greatly if Scarlett's on the team-sheet.

RE: Shefield wednsday? - Daniel - 11-03-2023

I’d play Thompson today but his sole purpose is to mark barry bannan out of the game