TrueBlueArmy Forums
An Outside Bet - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: An Outside Bet (/showthread.php?tid=2914)

An Outside Bet - blueandwight - 19-03-2023

There are three reasons why we we're highly unlikely to be promoted this season apart from the fact that there at least three teams better than us. Firstly there is the playing budget that falls short of five if not all the current top six; secondly there are the injuries which are simply unfortunate and/or simply not well managed by the Club and finally the ineptitude and incompetence of Cowley to handle the situation. As a  lifelong fan that makes me very frustrated and angry.

When the Mouseman came in we didn't stand a hope in hell of getting anywhere near the play-offs (some even feared relegation) but he deserves a lot of credit for what he has acheived in a very short period of time, something that has been well received by the overwhelming majority of the fans. Sure he's made mistakes such as  failing to turn up on a couple of occasions, team selection at Barnsley and some strange comments about the administration and ownership of the Club in terms of overall ambition in terms of promotion.
But after yesterday he's got us to the very edge of mounting a late challenge. Still very unlikely but if you look at our current form and remaining fixtures there is a glimmer of chance although I think we'll have to win virtually every game starting next Saturday with Port Vale...possible all nine but definately eight.

I think we're in a mini-league of five clubs and several lengths behind going into the last couple of furlongs. There's Derby and Bolton (where we have a game in hand) in the play-off spots, who are both starting to look a bit shaky. Peterboro (the in form side), Wycombe and us. Shrewsbury have had a good season but I'm bravely ruling them out. All we need to do is give it our best shot. Peterboro and us are the outside bets but you never know and it's never all over until the fat lady sing!

RE: An Outside Bet - blueandwight - 19-03-2023

(19-03-2023, 11:48 AM)blueandwight Wrote: There are three reasons why we we're highly unlikely to be promoted this season apart from the fact that there at least three teams better than us. Firstly there is the playing budget that falls short of five if not all the current top six; secondly there are the injuries which are simply unfortunate and/or simply not well managed by the Club and finally the ineptitude and incompetence of Cowley to handle the situation. As a  lifelong fan that makes me very frustrated and angry.

When the Mouseman came in we didn't stand a hope in hell of getting anywhere near the play-offs (some even feared relegation) but he deserves a lot of credit for what he has acheived in a very short period of time, something that has been well received by the overwhelming majority of the fans. Sure he's made mistakes such as  failing to turn up on a couple of occasions, team selection at Barnsley and some strange comments about the administration and ownership of the Club in terms of overall ambition in terms of promotion.
But after yesterday he's got us to the very edge of mounting a late challenge. Still very unlikely but if you look at our current form and remaining fixtures there is a glimmer of chance although I think we'll have to win virtually every game starting next Saturday with Port Vale...possible all nine but definately eight.

I think we're in a mini-league of five clubs and several lengths behind going into the last couple of furlongs. There's Derby and Bolton (where we have a game in hand) in the play-off spots, who are both starting to look a bit shaky. Peterboro (the in form side), Wycombe and us. Shrewsbury have had a good season but I'm bravely ruling them out. All we need to do is give it our best shot. Peterboro and us are the outside bets but you never know and it's never all over until the fat lady sing!

PS Sky have got us at 33/1 to get promoted. I'm not sure what the odds are to make the play-offs.

RE: An Outside Bet - 66zoolane - 19-03-2023

(19-03-2023, 12:13 PM)blueandwight Wrote:
(19-03-2023, 11:48 AM)blueandwight Wrote: There are three reasons why we we're highly unlikely to be promoted this season apart from the fact that there at least three teams better than us. Firstly there is the playing budget that falls short of five if not all the current top six; secondly there are the injuries which are simply unfortunate and/or simply not well managed by the Club and finally the ineptitude and incompetence of Cowley to handle the situation. As a  lifelong fan that makes me very frustrated and angry.

PS Sky have got us at 33/1 to get promoted. I'm not sure what the odds are to make the play-offs.

9-1

RE: An Outside Bet - essentialmix75 - 19-03-2023

Anxiety

Have you got any free bets left?...

You must be minted by now!.