TrueBlueArmy Forums
Away Allocations Shrinking - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Away Allocations Shrinking (/showthread.php?tid=2917)

Away Allocations Shrinking - Pompey_in_Derby - 20-03-2023

Disappointed at our allocations for Shrewsbury (1200) and Oxford (1450). Am sure we usually get given 1800 at each place and it was over 2000 for our first visit to Oxford's 'new' ground. It's not as though either club sell out their home sections and both grounds are modern, so H&S shouldn't be an issue. What's going on?

RE: Away Allocations Shrinking - Sharpe* - 20-03-2023

Worried about the atmosphere our fans produce?!

RE: Away Allocations Shrinking - Northstander - 20-03-2023

Read earlier in the season that Oxford after discussions with safety groups and Police, their segregation line was changing hence a decrease in the number of away fans.

RE: Away Allocations Shrinking - stayinupforever - 20-03-2023

I always understood the allocation to be 10% of ground capacity for league games and 15% for cup games.

RE: Away Allocations Shrinking - Hermann's_no_hermit - 20-03-2023

(20-03-2023, 04:45 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: I always understood the allocation to be 10% of ground capacity for league games and 15% for cup games.
That's supposed to be minimum but can be altered for safety reasons or by the police

RE: Away Allocations Shrinking - Hammie - 20-03-2023

There is some concern about fan behaviour deteriorating at the same time as there are fewer police. I don't think that is particular to Pompey, more a wider worry. I think the police get the final say. Shame about Oxford as that has long been a decent trip for Pompey and we are usually at about the same standard so see a good game.

RE: Away Allocations Shrinking - Pompey_in_Derby - 20-03-2023

Common sense suggests that any club that sells out their away allocation to season ticket holders should be a lower risk.

RE: Away Allocations Shrinking - Hammie - 21-03-2023

(20-03-2023, 08:18 PM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: Common sense suggests that any club that sells out their away allocation to season ticket holders should be a lower risk.

certainly makes it easier to trace who they are.
Of course it might be linked to number of recorded offences per club and I believe we were quite high up that list last season.

RE: Away Allocations Shrinking - Pompey_in_Derby - 02-04-2023

Yet another small away allocation for Pompey fans - just 2,600 at Derby. Yesterday, Ipswich took more than 3,100 to Pride Park. 

I gather we've sold out our allocation of 3,100 for MK Dons, but will we get sent any more? Usually there are 6,000+ available for away fans. PFC should be doing their utmost to secure the biggest allocations possible for the remaining four away games as we make a late push for a play-off place.

RE: Away Allocations Shrinking - Hammie - 02-04-2023

not sure if it applies for league games, there was info early this season about cup games. If you take the allocation you have to pay for the lot even if you don't sell them.
Football, for everyone except the fans.