TrueBlueArmy Forums
Here endth the play offs - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Here endth the play offs (/showthread.php?tid=2930)

Here endth the play offs - bluetagagain - 25-03-2023

Embarrassing up until the dubious penalty on 67 mins then a well created equaliser on 70 mins then a further 20+ mins of embarrassment until full time.
Lowery 7 everyone else 5

RE: Here endth the play offs - Hammie - 25-03-2023

Sums up the play offs really. A way of keeping poor sides' fans interested.

RE: Here endth the play offs - DeepBlue - 25-03-2023

we are a point nearer the play-offs than we were this morning.   I'd settle for that every week.

RE: Here endth the play offs - 66zoolane - 25-03-2023

(25-03-2023, 05:59 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: we are a point nearer the play-offs than we were this morning.   I'd settle for that every week.

6 weeks to go, 6 points behind, so mathematically you're unassailable.

RE: Here endth the play offs - Cressers - 25-03-2023

Realistically we've been out of any hope of the playoffs since December. The Eisners' 'eat what you kill' strategy is shown up again.

RE: Here endth the play offs - Hammie - 25-03-2023

(25-03-2023, 06:43 PM)Cressers Wrote: Realistically we've been out of any hope of the playoffs since December. The Eisners' 'eat what you kill' strategy is shown up again.

perhaps or perhaps poor transfer business by the last pair of managers who bought in injured players and very expensive loans who acihieved nothing.

RE: Here endth the play offs - Cunninglinguist - 25-03-2023

(25-03-2023, 06:43 PM)Cressers Wrote: Realistically we've been out of any hope of the playoffs since December. The Eisners' 'eat what you kill' strategy is shown up again.

Fairly irrelevant. Their strategy is to keep the club on a sustainable level. Promotion/relegation will happen regardless of that. Overspending is no guarantee of success. Spending very little is no guarantee of failure either. Plenty of examples to demonstrate both, particularly the former.

RE: Here endth the play offs - Cunninglinguist - 25-03-2023

(25-03-2023, 05:59 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: we are a point nearer the play-offs than we were this morning.   I'd settle for that every week.

It certainly isn’t a disaster but it does demonstrate that we really aren’t good enough. I would sooner have a much better season next season, go up automatically, believing that we could build on that success, to stay up in the championship.

RE: Here endth the play offs - Hammie - 26-03-2023

if we end the season higher than last season and the season before, that's progress.
But only if we keep some of the palyers and have seen them grow and improve, that's the problem with expensive laons

RE: Here endth the play offs - Cunninglinguist - 26-03-2023

(26-03-2023, 03:19 PM)Hammie Wrote: if we end the season higher than last season and the season before, that's progress.
But only if we keep some of the palyers and have seen them grow and improve, that's the problem with expensive laons

You wanna try that one again, Hammie?  Smile

RE: Here endth the play offs - Hammie - 26-03-2023

dispoxic fongres

RE: Here endth the play offs - Gerry Hatrick - 27-03-2023

(25-03-2023, 11:12 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote:

It certainly isn’t a disaster but it does demonstrate that we really aren’t good enough. I would sooner have a much better season next season, go up automatically, believing that we could build on that success, to stay up in the championship.

I'd rather be a yo-yo than a no-no