TrueBlueArmy Forums
Todays ratings - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Todays ratings (/showthread.php?tid=2932)

Todays ratings - DeepBlue - 25-03-2023

Macey 5  First poor game since he signed. Looked strangely nervous all game.
Rafferty 5 Not up to his usual standard 
Raggett 5 Lost nearly every duel with Harrison, not sure how anyone could give him MOTM 
Towler 4 Robertson being fit again made this a terrible time to have a bad game
Ogilvie 6 Didn't get as involved as usual but at least he won us the penalty
Thompson 7 Pick of the lot in the first half, but faded as it went on
Tunnicliffe 7 MOTM for me after a slow start, but that was a low bar today
Lane 6 Did OK but nothing outstanding, hope the injury is not too bad or else we will be stuck with .... 
Dale 4 OK, he was out of position in the middle but to say he delivered nothin today is an understatement
Hackett 5 Did very little but was unlucky with a very good last minute effort 
Bishop 7 Battled away getting nothing from the ref as usual 

Subs
Robertson 7 Gave the defence a more settled, calmer look in the 2nd half
Jacobs 6 Should have started instead of Dale in that position, but didn't shine like he can after he came on, skied a really good chance before taking an easier one. 
Lowery 7 His energy lifted the team at a vital time of the game 

Mousinho 6  Putting Dale as the 10 did not work and was a bad choice, but his subs all did better than what they replaced.  Let down by several players today. 

Got to give Port Vale credit though - they fully deserved at least a draw and I was particulalry impressed by their reaction to conceding two quick goals going back on the attack and stopping us from keeping up the momentum we should have had after scoring twice. 

Anyone know what the altercation at the bottom of the Fratton End was all about ?

RE: Todays ratings - Hammie - 25-03-2023

the windy conditions maybe showed up Towler's lack of experience. Also the handling by our keeper.

RE: Todays ratings - ForeverPompey - 25-03-2023

Thompson was absolute shite. Overweight and overrated.

RE: Todays ratings - bluetagagain - 25-03-2023

Lowery 7 the rest 4-5

RE: Todays ratings - exgaffer - 25-03-2023

(25-03-2023, 06:19 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: Macey 5  First poor game since he signed. Looked strangely nervous all game.
Raggett 5 Lost nearly every duel with Harrison, not sure how anyone could give him MOTM 
Lane 6 Did OK but nothing outstanding, hope the injury is not too bad or else we will be stuck with .... 
Dale 4 OK, he was out of position in the middle but to say he delivered nothin today is an understatement

Subs
Jacobs 6 Should have started instead of Dale in that position, but didn't shine like he can after he came on, skied a really good chance before taking an easier one. 

Mousinho 6  Putting Dale as the 10 did not work and was a bad choice, but his subs all did better than what they replaced.  Let down by several players today. 

Got to give Port Vale credit though - they fully deserved at least a draw and I was particulalry impressed by their reaction to conceding two quick goals going back on the attack and stopping us from keeping up the momentum we should have had after scoring twice. 

Anyone know what the altercation at the bottom of the Fratton End was all about ?

Everyone was garbage in the first half and the penalty was one of the worst I can remember.

I think to give Towler 4 is very harsh though.

Dale is like a darts player who can’t release the dart and, while he runs around a lot, is almost completely ineffective.

I’d like to see Dale and Hackett go at the end of the season. Fortunately Dale is only on loan.

RE: Todays ratings - Lawrence - 25-03-2023

(25-03-2023, 10:03 PM)exgaffer Wrote:
(25-03-2023, 06:19 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: Macey 5  First poor game since he signed. Looked strangely nervous all game.

Subs

Everyone was garbage in the first half and the penalty was one of the worst I can remember.

I think to give Towler 4 is very harsh though.

Dale is like a darts player who can’t release the dart and, while he runs around a lot, is almost completely ineffective.

I’d like to see Dale and Hackett go at the end of the season. Fortunately Dale is only on loan.

One team had an opportunity to close the gap whilst the other had basically nothing to play for. Which team did you think gave a feck? We saw yet again the sheer ordinariness of this team. Next season get a midfield and a guy that can cross a ball because, at the moment, we don't have them.

RE: Todays ratings - Cunninglinguist - 25-03-2023

I had Tunnicliffe down as MOM but Raggett was close behind. I have to say that I don’t remember Harrison getting a sniff and that was presumably why he was taken off. I thought he was far more effective in defence (until he gave the pen away).
Still, it’s all about opinions and Raggett was given the award. I would only agree because I don’t remember a single mistake he made whereas Tunnicliffe was poor in the first 15 mins. After that, he (Tunnicliffe) was pivotal in almost everything positive.

Dale was at his worst today. At one point he faced two defenders with an option of two teammates nearby to pass to. He took the option to take on the opposition and promptly lost possession. WTF for?

As to Robertson, I really don’t care if he never plays for us again. He was very instrumental in slowing down play from the back in the last twenty mins, just when we needed to drive forward.

RE: Todays ratings - slayer - 25-03-2023

I thought Harrison's hold up play was good today. Started the move for their first goal

RE: Todays ratings - blueandwight - 26-03-2023

Some strange ratings today after a quite awful performance.

Macey (3) was simply dreadful and young Towler (4) wasn't much better.

Robertson has too much influence and was instrumental in the awful attempts to play out from the back, something that frustrates 99% of the fans who can see how it slows everything down when you need to step it up. I think somebody should have told him that Cowley has gone since he last played.

For all that the worst offender today was Mousinho with his dire team selection and total absence of a tactical approach or pattern of play. Biggest mistake was not starting Lowery, this was an ideal opportunity for the player. Bringing him on after an hour when we were two down was just not good enough verging on stupidity. I know with injuroes, suspension (Piggott) and international call-ups his options were very limited but today he got it badly wrong.

All round no excuses just very very poor.

RE: Todays ratings - Tomsk - 26-03-2023

I didn't see or hear it as was working so will go with what everyone's saying that it was pretty poor.
However we're a point better off than we were and we missed a pen, let's take a positive from a negative and move on. The manager is young and new to the job we've got to expect dips like this.I

RE: Todays ratings - Hammie - 26-03-2023

the biggest issue is that this squad with two (or three) different managers ahs consistently had bloody awful half or whole games, then finally woken up and looked decent.

RE: Todays ratings - TBP - 26-03-2023

They've obviously been out on the shant the night before.

RE: Todays ratings - Hammie - 26-03-2023

(26-03-2023, 02:58 PM)TBP Wrote: They've obviously been out on the shan't the night before.

the modern term is "there was a virus in the camp"