TrueBlueArmy Forums
Forest Green? - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Forest Green? (/showthread.php?tid=2942)

Pages: 1 2

Forest Green? - foxleyblue - 30-03-2023

Will they raise their game against us as they did against Wednesday, or are we gonna give them a panning? Rolleyes

RE: Forest Green? - Rick Pumpkin - 30-03-2023

(30-03-2023, 09:37 AM)foxleyblue Wrote: Will they raise their game against us as they did against Wednesday, or are we gonna give them a panning? Rolleyes

Their last ten have seen one win, two draws and seven defeats, so fingers crossed it was just a lucky win against a side that's been faltering over the last couple of weeks.

But then this is Pompey...

RE: Forest Green? - bluetagagain - 30-03-2023

At Pompey we like to give everyone a chance, just ask Port Vale.

RE: Forest Green? - dsmg - 30-03-2023

True, gift a two goal lead then miss a pen!

RE: Forest Green? - stayinupforever - 30-03-2023

Big Dunc will play and they'll score first.

RE: Forest Green? - DeepBlue - 30-03-2023

(30-03-2023, 12:08 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: At Pompey we like to give everyone a chance, just ask Port Vale.

We did better at home to Port Vale than Plymouth or Derby did. 

The poor goals given away might make it two points lost, but it being Port Vale doesn't

RE: Forest Green? - slayer - 30-03-2023

If Tunnicliffe plays, it's a Vegan away win

RE: Forest Green? - firqdays - 30-03-2023

Just want it - and Mr DALE - aka BALE ..... only one 'step over' per quarter !

RE: Forest Green? - Pompeyg100 - 30-03-2023

(30-03-2023, 01:53 PM)firqdays Wrote: Just want it - and Mr DALE - aka BALE ..... only one 'step over' per quarter !

He’s gonna bag a hatrick.

RE: Forest Green? - blueandwight - 30-03-2023

5-2 or should that be 2-5?

RE: Forest Green? - foxleyblue - 30-03-2023

OR.......5.5  Big Grin

RE: Forest Green? - firqdays - 30-03-2023

I'll just take the three points - whatever.

RE: Forest Green? - Hammie - 30-03-2023

At least it is another game that means something which might not have been the case without booting the Cowleys.
Should be a good day to try the apparently improved burgers (non vegan)

RE: Forest Green? - Hammie - 30-03-2023

and tickets on sale for the milton end, hopefully we can fill it to christen the new section

RE: Forest Green? - Northstander - 31-03-2023

No Pigott as he completes his 3 match ban, Curtis and Lane both out. Forward wise we are down
to the bare bones, Scarlett is available however lol

RE: Forest Green? - slayer - 31-03-2023

We nicked Hughes so we will probably suffer a karma/revenge loss, football lives its ironies. No matter, next year is the year

RE: Forest Green? - Pedalo_menders - 31-03-2023

We need to sort out the diabolical defending if we are to get anything from this game. Tactics also need to be spot on too.

1: Don't gift 2 fooking goals to them
2: Be aware that they will try and spoil the game and do us on the break, wait for a mistake or get a set piece goal. Ie don't pass it straight to them when we are breaking in numbers.

RE: Forest Green? - Hammie - 31-03-2023

bad defending always happens when we decide we are good enough to pass out from the back

Windy day looking on the cards, hooooof!

RE: Forest Green? - TBP - 31-03-2023

Let's hope they drop the Cowley style tippy-tappy football across the back which was at the heart of the problem last week. Every now and again Mousinho tries out things which were at the heart of Cowley's failure. I hope he grows out of it soon.

RE: Forest Green? - TBP - 31-03-2023

Interesting that the redeveloped half of the Milton End is ready for occupation. It certainly didn't look it last weekend.

RE: Forest Green? - Hammie - 31-03-2023

(31-03-2023, 04:02 PM)TBP Wrote: Let's hope they drop the Cowley style tippy-tappy football across the back which was at the heart of the problem last week. Every now and again Mousinho tries out things which were at the heart of Cowley's failure. I hope he grows out of it soon.

Trouble is to get their coaching ticket they all have to do the same courses. No badge no job.
In my job (teaching) we've been blighted by a modern tendency to be observed and coached to essentially "teach like I do or get a bad review and pushed out of the job."

RE: Forest Green? - Cunninglinguist - 01-04-2023

(31-03-2023, 08:24 PM)Hammie Wrote:
(31-03-2023, 04:02 PM)TBP Wrote: Let's hope they drop the Cowley style tippy-tappy football across the back which was at the heart of the problem last week. Every now and again Mousinho tries out things which were at the heart of Cowley's failure. I hope he grows out of it soon.

Trouble is to get their coaching ticket they all have to do the same courses. No badge no job.
In my job (teaching) we've been blighted by a modern tendency to be observed and coached to essentially "teach like I do or get a bad review and pushed out of the job."

Doesn’t mean they have to implement it after they’ve qualified though.

RE: Forest Green? - DeepBlue - 01-04-2023

Surely any coaching course is going to teach them the pros and cons of all formations and playing methods, not dictate which they choose to adopt.  

Methods which succeed at other clubs and therefore get copied are far more likely to be a bigger influence on modern young managers than any course they did.  Especially as much of the copying these days is from foreign managers who took their courses in a different country.

RE: Forest Green? - dsmg - 01-04-2023

The Cowleys paid for not seeing the folly of their ways and not seeing that playing out from the back can be suicide.

RE: Forest Green? - Northstander - 01-04-2023

Ipswich at home last season still brings nightmares to me