TrueBlueArmy Forums
FGR full time - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: FGR full time (/showthread.php?tid=2950)

FGR full time - Cunninglinguist - 01-04-2023

Somehow, Dale manages to get his head on it (off the back of the defender’ I think). He then fucked up a reasonable performance by totally screwing up easier chances.

Rovers concentration eventually collapsed but they then looked more threatening after the goal. They could have embarrassed Pompey with a late powerful effort which Macey managed to hold on to.

Could have done with more goals to help our goal difference. Three points behind the top six now. Shrewsbury collapsing against Charlton. Let’s hope they keep their hangover going against us.

Derby in the mire and out of the top six.

It’s on!

RE: FGR full time - Pedalo_menders - 01-04-2023

And a 10 point deduction for Peterborough would be nice, too.

RE: FGR full time - Hermann's_no_hermit - 01-04-2023

(01-04-2023, 04:24 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: And a 10 point deduction for Peterborough would be nice, too.

Don't think that will happen. But they seem like the one most likely to stand in our way so happy days if it does happen.

RE: FGR full time - Cunninglinguist - 01-04-2023

(01-04-2023, 04:24 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: And a 10 point deduction for Peterborough would be nice, too.

I always feel that’s a hollow victory, if we have to rely on a point deduction.

RE: FGR full time - dsmg - 01-04-2023

Who cares Cunni. Any port in a storm.

RE: FGR full time - kindofblue - 01-04-2023

Friggin boring today- only just waking up. Passing across the back then to the goalkeeper seems the default mode.
Halftime was good though

RE: FGR full time - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 01-04-2023

We got the job done today that’s all that matters

RE: FGR full time - Cunninglinguist - 01-04-2023

(01-04-2023, 04:34 PM)dsmg Wrote: Who cares Cunni. Any port in a storm.

I get that. I just feel that a lot of the excitement, of the chance of going up, dies when we get to the championship. 

A first win in a playoff game would do me but then again…..

RE: FGR full time - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 01-04-2023

The Championship is a bit of a catch 22 these days. Get thrashed ever week and have stable finances or send the owners into bankruptcy by trying to buy success

RE: FGR full time - Hammie - 01-04-2023

As long as luton and Coventry can survive, I think we would be ok.
But the fanbase will need to step up at home!

RE: FGR full time - TBP - 01-04-2023

Pigott available for the next game.

RE: FGR full time - Sharpe* - 01-04-2023

A slog today but the guys kept going and got the 3 points which is the important thing.

Atmosphere very flat as FG went for the point and just defended - quite well it has to be said.

Nice to see Dale score and a shame he fell over on the open goal.

I feel bad for him but he just can't put a ball in. Can pass okay when he cuts inside - but he's just not great as an all out winger.

Quite a boring game tbh but its a win and we keep scrapping.